Crown Prince Billah of Brunei & Sarah Salleh - September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was another function where the Crown Prince gives his bride to be gifts. The gifts were very lavish. And the gifts given to the guest is beautiful. Its like a golden jewelry box. i will try to post the pictures, and if i can i will scan the pictures from the royal book for all of you

matesha said:
Well..even in Western countries...girls marry and have children even when they are 16...Actually sometimes, they do not marry..but have boyfriends with whom they have babies at a verrrrrry young age..At least, the Brunei prince is marrying her in front of the world not something else...
I agree. For some people the age difference would've been no problem if the bride was 27 and the groom 40. I believe princess Diana and prince Charles had a similar age difference. The bride might be young but its not the end of the world, she'll continue her studies after marriage and looks happy enough to me. And like you said, at the end of the day, they're both getting married, thats no crime. I hope they'll be very happy.

Yesterday was the great wedding, though it lasts only for about 10 minutes (not including the guests arrival) but it was so meaningful and glittering. Just a little bit like the Spain's wedding last time, it was raining during the couple's procession.

Eye popping opulance

When I saw the wedding pictures on Getty Images, my eyes were dazzled. The beautiful rich colors of the clothing, the jewelry, the palace, the gold Rolls Royce.......there was so much to see. The new princess is quite lovely. I do hope this is a love match :) I have some pictures from the royal banquet. I don't see any posted anywhere else but if I have duplicated any, I apologize.

There are two pictures of Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee and Princess Sarah 1) arriving at the royal banquet and 2) standing in front of their table September 10 at the Sultan's Palace. The other picture is of their place settings at their table and yes, they are made of gold :D

www.gettyimages.com

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9594/cp20almuhtadee20and20cp20sarah.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1254/cp20almuhtadee20and20princess3.jpg
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8111/cp20almuhtadee20and20princess2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mgrant said:
When I saw the wedding pictures on Getty Images, my eyes were dazzled. The beautiful rich colors of the clothing, the jewelry, the palace, the gold Rolls Royce.......there was so much to see. The new princess is quite lovely. I do hope this is a love match :) I have some pictures from the royal banquet. I don't see any posted anywhere else but if I have duplicated any, I apologize.

There are two pictures of Crown Prince Al-Muhtadee and Princess Sarah 1) arriving at the royal banquet and 2) standing in front of their table September 10 at the Sultan's Palace. The other picture is of their place settings at their table and yes, they are made of gold :D
This is what we call a royal wedding...WOWOWO for every thing...amazing...even the spoons, forks seem to be made of Gold although in Islam, modesty is required and eating in silver or gold made stuff is not acceptable in Islam as well...But i enjoyed the pics so much

I don't wish to arise any religious issue here but in my humble opinion, the plates, forks and spoons that we saw in the pictures were made of artificial gold not genuine gold that obviusly not accepltable in Islam. They look like gold but actually they're not. His Majesty the Sultan is a pious Muslim, he knows much better of all these things.

Ephram said:
I don't wish to arise any religious issue here but in my humble opinion, the plates, forks and spoons that we saw in the pictures were made of artificial gold not genuine gold that obviusly not accepltable in Islam. They look like gold but actually they're not. His Majesty the Sultan is a pious Muslim, he knows much better of all these things.
maybe. are you sure its not actual gold? Thats what I read in one of the captions. As for pious, I wouldn't be too sure, the male members of Brunei's royal family are notorious for their appetite for women. It is common knowledge that women from all over the world are shipped to the royal palaces and taken on extravagant shopping sprees. Im sure its not publicized in Brunei though. Anyway, I dont want to go off topic.

Humera, please educate me. You said that the Crown Prince will pay for Princess Sarah's education if she choses to go to college. Does this mean she will be allowed to have a career? :confused:

The women of Brunei do not lead cloistered lives like the women of Suadi Arabia. Queen Saleha, the Crown Prince's mother, maintains a very high profile in Brunei, and supports a number of initiatives in the sultanate (healthcare, women's health, child care, education, etc.) In the beginning, we may not see much of Princess Sarah because she will have to complete her education and of course, produce some heirs for Al-Muhtadee Billah.

mgrant said:
Humera, please educate me. You said that the Crown Prince will pay for Princess Sarah's education if she choses to go to college. Does this mean she will be allowed to have a career? :confused:
I was speaking from a religious point of view, in Islam it is the husband's responsibility if his wife wants to pursue further education. From what I've read, Princess Sarah is very likely to continue her education after her marriage, very much like the young crown prince and princess of Jordan. As for a career, Princess Sarah is only 17, I dont know if she wants to have one. But as the crown princess, she'll be expected to perform more official duties which wont leave her much time to have a career. Besides, I hardly thinks she needs to work for money.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I was speaking from a religious point of view, in Islam it is the husband's responsibility if his wife wants to pursue further education. From what I've read, Princess Sarah is very likely to continue her education after her marriage, very much like the young crown prince and princess of Jordan. As for a career, Princess Sarah is only 17, I dont know if she wants to have one. But as the crown princess, she'll be expected to perform more official duties which wont leave her much time to have a career. Besides, I hardly thinks she needs to work for money.
You're right that she wouldn't need the money :) I wasn't really thinking of from a money angle but more of something like using whatever field of study she went into.

mgrant said:
You're right that she wouldn't need the money :) I wasn't really thinking of from a money angle but more of something like using whatever field of study she went into.
yeah i see what you mean but i dont think she'll choose to have a career. Look at the new crown princesses of Spain and Denmark. Both of them left behind careers to marry their princes. The royal family of Brunei is so wealthy and I think it'll seem very odd if the crown princesses was to work. But ofcourse Princess Sarah can always choose to focus on the areas that interest her when its time for her to perform official duties as a princess. But since she's still studying, I dont think she'll be doing much of that either.

Thanks to Humera

Thanks Humera for posting all these beautiful pics and for starting this very thread...

AMAZING..BEAUTIFUL & indeed ROYAL wedding...

The bride, although a commoner, seemed relaxed and confident in all photos...She is indeed beautiful...Not only her mom (Swiss) is tall but her brunei father is tall as well...So that is why she is also tall...:p

yes, that the picture. do you think he's the son of the sultana? would you know his name?

sorry cutie, I haven't been able to find out his name. I've been through Gettyimages and other sites but in all the pictures, he's walking behind the sultan and the captions dont identify him. He's very likely a member of either the royal family of Brunei or Malaysia.

I have never posted before on any site, so I do hope this is appropriate. I was wondering if anyone would know How many wives the Sultan of Brunei had or has and his children as to who they belong to.
Thanks a million.

charlottestreasures said:
I have never posted before on any site, so I do hope this is appropriate. I was wondering if anyone would know How many wives the Sultan of Brunei had or has and his children as to who they belong to.
Thanks a million.
Someone correct me if im wrong, I believe he had two wives. He divorced one last year I believe. The Government of Brunei website only mentions his present wife, Queen Saleha and that he has ten kids, four sons and six daughters.
hope that helps
oh and welcome to the royal forums:)

thank you so much Humera.

do you think that prince is the son of the sultanah in lilac? do you know the name of this sultanah?

cutie said:
thank you so much Humera.

do you think that prince is the son of the sultanah in lilac? do you know the name of this sultanah?
I could not find out who that lady is. I looked at the pictures of all the women who accompanied the Queen to the banquet but she wasn't prominent in them. Also, the brunei royal wedding website doesnt identify anyone either. Its really annoying because I dont speak the language and so I have no clue who anyone is unless ofcourse they're identified on Gettyimages.
I would say the same for your second question. The young woman is obviously a member of the brunei royal family but i dont know her name.
We really could use someone from Brunei on this forum!

thanx for that site cutie.
I went to that link...there's so many peoples' pictures in there, plus there's no english titles besides the names so its a little confusing. I dont know if the woman you're refering to is Malaysian royalty, she could be a member of Brunei royalty. What I do know is that Malaysia's various states have sultans and sultanahs, and I dont know anything about all of them.

Here's two pictures of malaysian royalty. The lady you were curious about isn't identified in any of the pictures, I have no clue who she is.

The first one is that of malaysian royalty, the Queen of State of Kelantan (L) and the Queen of State of Pahang

The second picture is of Malaysia's Queen Fauzia with Brunei's Queen Saleha

www.gettyimages.com

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/9832/512839551an.jpg
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/7972/512839450yy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom