Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam: June 1 & 29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely. And I love how they managed to keep it to themselves - even if I would love loads of photos!

OMG..I read that at night the gardens and fountains of Princess Caroline's home(where the reception was held) were illuminated by candles and violet lamps...sounds beautiful!

So happy they came through and gave us a peek...the romantic sap in me is thrilled!?

Last edited:
When I read these articles it came to me how Princess Caroline could feel: what emotions rolled inside her?
Next to the enormous happiness, she must have felt a twinge in her heart at the thought that she and her beloved Stefano were not given to experience their Catholic wedding...
They would both have looked georgeous that day...

Oh yes, I agree . I was just hoping out loud.:D

Having spent every milestone of her life on this planet, both public and private..scrutinized endlessly, intrusively photographed and talked and written about ...is not something any of us can imagine. She did not ask for it and doesn't want it.

So the fact that she decided to celebrate her sacramental wedding in the place of her childhood in the strictest possible privacy is something I can admire and respect.

My desire to see this most astonishingly beautiful young woman as a bride is something I will just have to get over I guess....

You profoundly explained but I want to say. Yes although I feel sad that there were no released photo, it's true, the privacy of this very special day of her life might be very important.
I hope this lovely couple will stand the test of time. Charlotte deserves everything in this world.:D

Her dress reminds me of her mother's wedding dress with Philipe Junot
In the Pic they are missing, is that rice? This is an orthodox wedding rite. I didn't know that on catholic weddings they do so. Unless Dimitri is orthodox and they add this

When I read these articles it came to me how Princess Caroline could feel: what emotions rolled inside her?
Next to the enormous happiness, she must have felt a twinge in her heart at the thought that she and her beloved Stefano were not given to experience their Catholic wedding...
They would both have looked georgeous that day...

Indeed… The Vatican was so unundertandbly ( does such word exist??? ) and uselessly hard on such an young woman... But P. Caroline did such a wonderful job raising these siblings on her own that she must feel very very proud on this day. I hope Charlotte and Dimitri have a long and loving life together, filled with peace and understanding… and lots of babies… and pics for us to see… God bless them!!!

Her dress reminds me of her mother's wedding dress with Philipe Junot
In the Pic they are missing, is that rice? This is an orthodox wedding rite. I didn't know that on catholic weddings they do so. Unless Dimitri is orthodox and they add this
It's lavender - thrown after the wedding like confetti. Not just Orthodox AFAIK.

Congratulations, and thank you Mrs. Charlotte & Mr. Dimitri. :flowers:

Now I'm wondering if that is a teeny tiny tiara on top of her head? Or a heirloom from the Grimaldi Family???

Wonder who did her wedding dress? And what the meaning is behind the design....

Two wonderful photos! Especially the one of them kissing in the rain of flowers is magical!

It would be great to see more, but maybe that's all we get to see..

Last edited:
It's not clear if it's a tiara actually. But yes, the gown looks fabulous. I love it

Charlotte's wedding gown is giving me Stella McCartney vibes for some reason..:whistling:

Anyway PEOPLE reported that Albert II was there. So did he walk his niece down the aisle or was it one of her Casiraghi uncles?

ETA: I don't think Charlotte would consciously try to look like Princess Caroline on her wedding day with Junot and I honestly don't think she does.

It's surprising (and uncomfortable) enough that June 29 is the anniversary of what Caroline has described as her greatest mistake.:sad:

Last edited:
Congratulations, and thank you Mrs. Charlotte & Mr. Dimitri. :flowers:

Now I'm wondering if that is a teeny tiny tiara on top of her head? Or a heirloom from the Grimaldi Family???

Wonder who did her wedding dress? And what the meaning is behind the design....
I think it's a sprig of lavender - a tradition some parts of the south of France.

Thanks. So it is different. In orthodox wedding we throw rice.

In the U.S. it's more common now to see birdseed or other alternatives thrown because of the injury rice can cause to birds etc.

LaRae

Hmmm, I'm wondering if they had Princess Caroline's wedding dress altered to give it a more modern feel, so that her daughter Charlotte could wear it, ahhh... ?

Thanks. So it is different. In orthodox wedding we throw rice.
We used to throw rice but I don't know if it was decided that was a bit painful (!!) but then it became flower petals and paper confetti. I think it's s symbol of fertility. I know lots of churches in the UK won't allow paper confetti now because it's a pain the clean up.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if they had Princess Caroline's wedding dress altered to give it a more modern feel, so that her daughter Charlotte could wear it, ahhh... [emoji2]
I don't think Charlotte choose to use hers mother's dress from a failed marriage, with a man being even not her own father.
I just think that it is a coincidence. Charlotte's dress is appropriate for a countryside wedding, Caroline's dress was criticized for reminding a countryside marriage despite it was held in the palace. The reason should be that Caroline's dress has remodelated urgently in last moment as the original dress' sketch has been stolen and published before the marriage so Marc Bohan altered it, with no so much success.

The fabrics are not the same at all and neither are the designs. I think I saw somewhere the dress code was bohemian chic. The dress makes sense in that context.

Charlotte's wedding gown is giving me Stella McCartney vibes for some reason..:whistling:

Anyway PEOPLE reported that Albert II was there. So did he walk his niece down the aisle or was it one of her Casiraghi uncles?

ETA: I don't think Charlotte would consciously try to look like Princess Caroline on her wedding day with Junot and I honestly don't think she does.

It's surprising (and uncomfortable) enough that June 29 is the anniversary of what Caroline has described as her greatest mistake.:sad:

You can also look at it from a positive point of view: at least now the date of June 29th gives room for a happy occasion anniversary, instead of a gloomy one.

No way...the wedding gown her mother wore in what was a brief, disastrous marriage 41 years to the day earlier? :eek:

That would be pushing hubris to the limit imo.

Anyway, Caroline's 1978 gown featured a cinched waist and a full skirt...Charlotte's seems to have an empire waist and a straight silhouette...Caroline's neckline was simple illusion... Charlotte's has illusion with ruffled off shoulder and very elegant detailing around the edge.

Other than the color and the fingertip veil I see NO similarity to the Junot wedding dress.

Thank goodness.:sad:

ETA: I agree with Skippy..the choice of date gives the opportunity to transform a memory of failure and disillusion to a fresh start of hope and love and happiness..great point!

Last edited:
:flowers: I'm so grateful that they decided to publish a few selected photos from their happy day! Charlotte looks lovely. And as a tiara girl i'm of course wondering about that hair ornament she's wearing. Unfortunately, it's not very visible from the angle of the pics. But I think it could be parts of the floral ornaments Charlene had borrowed for her own wedding. Caroline has also worn them in her younger days, and they are incredibly versatile.

:previous: On closer inspection it looks like a sprig of lavender..she also carried a lavender bouquet into the Abbey.

The scent must have been downright intoxicating!

[....]

ETA: PEOPLE magazine is now reporting that the ceremony today took place at the 13th century Abbey of St. Marie de Pierredon. .30 minutes outside of Provence and that each guest received a spray of lavender as a wedding favor...

The Provence is no place but a generic name for a vast area in the South-East of France. The place mentioned, Sainte-Marie-de-Pierredon is close to Saint-Rémy where Princess Caroline lives. It is in the very heart of the Provence. Not "30 minutes outside". It is clear People Magazine has no clue.

My parents have a "mas" (farmhouse) just a few kilometres from the place. I know that specific region like all five the pockets of my jeans. The Abbaye Sainte-Marie is absolutely enchanting. Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Last edited:
:previous: On closer inspection it looks like a sprig of lavender..she also carried a lavender bouquet into the Abbey.

The scent must have been downright intoxicating!
When I enlarge the picture it becomes too blurry to distinguish the exact shape of the ornament. But the colour looks mainly white to me, exactly like the colouring you'd expect of a diamond ornament set in silver. And not the colour of lavender at all, imo.

Oh wow those two photos are simply stunning and worth putting up in a big frame! :flowers: What a gorgeous wedding that must have been yesterday. Dimitri looks dashing in a beautifully cut suit and Charlotte looks content and happy, like a bohemian flower bride walking straight out of a magazine. Just beautiful.

When I enlarge the picture it becomes too blurry to distinguish the exact shape of the ornament. But the colour looks mainly white to me, exactly like the colouring you'd expect of a diamond ornament set in silver. And not the colour of lavender at all, imo.

Hmm..you could be right. I would actually love it if it was a diamond clip holding her veil in place.

The dress is by Gianbattista Valli which kind of surprises me...it looks so "Stella" to me.

Anyway just based on the handful of photos we have seen and from press descriptions, Charlotte and her new husband appear to have pulled off one of the most beautiful and romantic high profile weddings in recent years.

It was way beyond anything I was expecting. ;)

The Provence is no place but a generic name for a vast area in the South-East of France. The place mentioned, Sainte-Marie-de-Pierredon is close to Saint-Rémy where Princess Caroline lives. It is in the very heart of the Provence. Not "30 minutes outside". It is clear People Magazine has no clue.

My parents have a "mas" (farmhouse) just a few kilometres from the place. I know that specific region like all five the pockets of my jeans. The Abbaye Sainte-Marie is absolutely enchanting. Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Thank you Duc. You are very fortunate to have personal ties to what sounds like one of the most idyllic places in Europe.?

I went online and Googled the Abbey..it has an incredible history dating back to the Middle Ages, and the reviews of everyone who visited praise its beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.instagram.com/stories/eugeniagaravani/

in these little stories other added details ..the invitation card and the name of the designer who made the dress.

https://www.hola.com/novias/20190630144958/boda-carlota-casiraghi-dimitri-rassam-religiosa-vestido/

hola writes that this second marriage was a tribute to her mother..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzVzs1sHau9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzV0K8Anfml/

first photos with the guests .. the scenery is fantastic!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzVH91zl363/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom