Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam: June 1 & 29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dimitri can marry in the church? Did he have only civil wedding with Marija Novoselova?

The possibilities are:

1) Dimitri is a Catholic who married his Russian Orthodox first wife in an Orthodox ceremony without a Catholic dispensation to do so...which means it was never recognized by the Catholic Church and he is free to marry Charlotte in the Church.

2) Dimitri married Novoselova only civilly. This is doubtful...their 3 day St Petersburg wedding was reported in the media to have included an Orthodox ceremony.

3) Dimitri's marriage to Novoselova was annulled by the Vatican....nope. They split 2 and a half years ago and annulments take a very long time.

My strong opinion/hunch is that #1 is true.;)

The possibilities are:

1) Dimitri is a Catholic who married his Russian Orthodox first wife in an Orthodox ceremony without a Catholic dispensation to do so...which means it was never recognized by the Catholic Church and he is free to marry Charlotte in the Church.

2) Dimitri married Novoselova only civilly. This is doubtful...their 3 day St Petersburg wedding was reported in the media to have included an Orthodox ceremony.

3) Dimitri's marriage to Novoselova was annulled by the Vatican....nope. They split 2 and a half years ago and annulments take a very long time.

I am trying to find any lead to this mystery too but to no avail. All news reports were only saying they married in St. Petersburg or just they married in 2010 but no mention of any more details.
I have to agree with your first assumption. It could be like that. Because if that's the case both Charlotte and Dimitri are free to marry in Catholic Church.

:previous: Two years ago, when Charlotte and Dimitri's relationship first exploded into the headlines when they ran off to the tropics together, there was a very long story about them in Paris Match.

That is where I remember reading about his lavish first wedding. It took place over a three day weekend in St Petersberg Russia in July 2010 and included religious rites.

Since Maria Novoselova is listed in Wiki as being Russian Orthodox and the festivities took place in the bride's homeland, the natural assumption was made that their religious wedding was an Orthodox rite.

:previous: Two years ago, when Charlotte and Dimitri's relationship first exploded into the headlines when they ran off to the tropics together, there was a very long story about them in Paris Match.

That is where I remember reading about his lavish first wedding. It took place over a three day weekend in St Petersberg Russia in July 2010 and included religious rites.

Since Maria Novoselova is listed in Wiki as being Russian Orthodox and the festivities took place in the bride's homeland, the natural assumption was made that their religious wedding was an Orthodox rite.

Well done!!!

Didn't Charlotte live at Saint-Rémy as a child?

:previous:

Yes, she did. After Stefano's death in 1990 Caroline decided to move to the country estate in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and the children were able to grow up out of the spotlight for a few years (sometimes of course the paparazzi haunted them there nevertheless..).

:previous: Yes Caroline and her children went to live in Provence shortly after the death of Stefano Casiraghi in 1990. Charlotte was four at the time.

My God...that Instagram photo of the lavender fields of Provence is STUNNING..my fear is that Dimitri and Charlotte were not pleased about the photos and video of their civil celebration which were leaked to the public...and we will see next to nothing of their religious ceremonies.

Which means no photos of Charlotte in her bridal regalia after all these years of waiting..

Too cruel!::sad:

The possibilities are:

They don't always take a long time. It depends on the situation. I've seen them done here in under 3 months.

LaRae

Despite my very strong misgivings about the significance of Princess Caroline's oldest daughter being wed on the anniversary of her mother's brief, disastrous union with Philippe Junot....I wish Charlotte and Dimitri and their gorgeous children a lifetime of blessings and happiness.

What would be a good reason for such an « hidden wedding »... To avoid stupid speculations, comparisons and malicious conmments. However I WANT PHOTOS!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

:previous: I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Palace and/or the bride and groom will release at least one or two "official" photos like they did for their civil celebration.

If the paps have been scoping out Provence -and I am sure they have-we should get SOMETHING.

On the other hand I cannot help but admire Charlotte for achieving the utterly private occasion she obviously wanted.

An early summer wedding amid the lavender fields of Provence sounds like enchantment....:whistling:

ETA: PEOPLE magazine is now reporting that the ceremony today took place at the 13th century Abbey of St. Marie de Pierredon. .30 minutes outside of Provence and that each guest received a spray of lavender as a wedding favor...

Last edited:
:previous: I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Palace and/or the bride and groom will release at least one or two "official" photos like they did for their civil celebration.

If the paps have been scoping out Provence -and I am sure they have-we should get SOMETHING.

On the other hand I cannot help but admire Charlotte for achieving the utterly private occasion she certainly wanted.

An early summer wedding amid the lavender fields of Provence sounds like enchantment....:whistling:

ETA: PEOPLE magazine is now reporting that the ceremony today took place at the 13th century Abbey of St. Marie de Pierredon. .

Indeed… Here it is…

https://people.com/royals/charlotte-casiraghi-monaco-weds-second-religious-marriage-ceremony/

Royal Wedding Take 2! Princess Grace's Granddaughter Charlotte Casiraghi Weds in Second Ceremony

:previous: The Abbey is located on a hill in the midst of a forest of almond and olive trees, and fields of lavender...the guests did not even know where they were headed until they were picked up at a pre designated location and driven to the site.( The scent alone must have been unbelievable!)

Now THAT is a couple that truly wanted their privacy. They should come and work for the CIA!!:lol:

But please....just ONE photo of the bride and groom???

Sounds like a beautiful setting for the wedding :previous:

:previous: Indeed. I Googled the Abbey and its history. For beauty and romance and privacy, this is utter perfection.

Well lets hope they get their privacy but they at least release one or two photos to keep us all content!

:previous: Yes....PLEASE??!

Now that all three of the children of the late Stefano Casiraghi are officially off the market I am musing about the types of weddings they had:

Andrea married civilly in the Palace and a religious winter wonderland by candlelight in Switzerland

Pierre wed civilly in the Palace and followed with a 3 day extravaganza in the Borromeo Islands for the religious rites.

And finally Charlotte also married civilly in the Palace of her ancestors, followed by a Church ceremony amid Provencal lavender fields.

Even though all three had very lavish nuptials, it is Interesting and poignant that the two elder children, who were perhaps most significantly affected by the early loss of their father, are the ones who are most insistent upon privacy.

To this day there have been no official photos of Andrea's Swiss religious wedding.
:ermm:

Last edited:
:previous:we don’t know which of the children was most or least affected by their fathers death. They have been dealing with unwanted paps their whole lives as has their mother. So privacy is a big problem for them, as well security I would imagine

:previous: The Abbey is located on a hill in the midst of a forest of almond and olive trees, and fields of lavender...the guests did not even know where they were headed until they were picked up at a pre designated location and driven to the site.( The scent alone must have been unbelievable!)

Now THAT is a couple that truly wanted their privacy. They should come and work for the CIA!!:lol:

But please....just ONE photo of the bride and groom???

Hola picks on People information and gives the second ( religious ) ceremony for granted. No pics though…

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20190629144921/boda-carlota-casiraghi-segunda-celebracion/

Carlota Casiraghi y Dimitri Rassam celebran su boda religiosa en Francia

Frelinghighness, I am basing my opinion about the effect of the loss of Stefano on his children on press reports of how Andrea was so badly traumatized by the tragedy that he suffered nightmares and how Princess Caroline eventually sought professional help for him.

Charlotte herself told the press in a rare interview last year that the loss of her father left her with a sense of isolation and "loneliness ". She dedicated her first book to his memory.

Pierre had only just turned three and has never publicly spoken of his father if he remembers him at all.

In any case the public persona of each of the siblings speaks for itself. Both Andrea and Charlotte seem most deeply concerned with protecting their privacy...to the point of obsession...Pierre much less so.

Obviously the paps have pursued each of them since birth

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple!

Frelinghighness, I am basing my opinion about the effect of the loss of Stefano on his children on press reports of how Andrea was so badly traumatized by the tragedy that he suffered nightmares and Princess Caroline eventually sought professional help for him.

Charlotte herself told the press in a rare interview last year that the loss of her father left her with a sense of isolation and "loneliness ". She dedicated her first book to his memory.

Pierre had only just turned three and has never publicly spoken of his father if he remembers him at all.

In any case the public persona of each of the siblings speaks for itself. Both Andrea and Charlotte seem most deeply concerned with protecting their privacy...to the point of obsession...Pierre much less so.

Obviously the paps have pursued each of them since birth

Moon maiden,Thanks for the info. I had no idea that information about the older two was either self reported or reported from reliable sources, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the days ahead the Palace will release ONE photo to the media that has been approved by the couple..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :ermm:

Last edited:
In the days ahead the Palace will release ONE photo to the media that has been approved by the couple..

That"s my story and I'm sticking to it. :ermm:
The Palace didn't release a single photo of Tatiana and Andrea's religious wedding. So, I'm not having my hopes up high.

I'm really pleased for them to have a paparazzi free wedding, they deserve their privacy. But a few official pictures would make my day, and that wouldn't infringe their privacy too much, imo.

The Palace didn't release a single photo of Tatiana and Andrea's religious wedding. So, I'm not having my hopes up high.

I'm really pleased for them to have a paparazzi free wedding, they deserve their privacy. But a few official pictures would make my day, and that wouldn't infringe their privacy too much, imo.

Oh yes, I agree . I was just hoping out loud.:D

Having spent every milestone of her life on this planet, both public and private..scrutinized endlessly, intrusively photographed and talked and written about ...is not something any of us can imagine. She did not ask for it and doesn't want it.

So the fact that she decided to celebrate her sacramental wedding in the place of her childhood in the strictest possible privacy is something I can admire and respect.

My desire to see this most astonishingly beautiful young woman as a bride is something I will just have to get over I guess....

:previous:

YAAAAAYY! I adore the way they look at one another in that picture...is that a small tiara Charlotte is wearing???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom