Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam: June 1 & 29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure about her dress, but she and her Ben are so sweet together.

Maybe in about 5 more years, it will happen...;)

Was Jazmin Grace invited? I know she was to the batism of the twins.

Was Jazmin Grace invited? I know she was to the batism of the twins.
I don't know if she was invited but she didn't go - she was posting on her Instagram from the States. I think it was her boyfriend's birthday.

Has anyone caught a glimpse of any of the American Kelly/LeVines?

Have either pair of earrings Charlotte wore yesterday been id'd? Pink pair at the civil ceremony and different pair at the reception.

LaRae

She is an events and party planner who arranges the Rose Ball this year, and who planned and arranged Charlotte's wedding party.
She arranges I think every Rose Ball. And arranged the weddings of Prince Albert, Andrea and Pierre (the ones taken in Monaco). And the 18th birthday party of Alexandra. And Fondation Motrice galas in the past.
In short, the go-to events planner of the Grimaldis

Who is Francoise Dumas?

Big time events planner, considered by some a 'fairy godmother planner to the French elite'. She has planned the rose ball for several years at least. And many of the major Grimaldi events including recent weddings.

I wish there was a photo of Raphael. Everyone looked like the had a good time.

I saw a brief glimpse of Raphael in an Instagram video of the evening party. He was in a little white dress shirt and white pants and looked to have gotten a (much needed imo) hair cut. He was with Darya Rassam, who was dressed in a long yellow dress with matching hair ribbon.

Raphael, like all the children, looked adorable.;)

Thanks Countessmeout...that is not the clip I was referring to but you can indeed see a few seconds of what appears to be Raphael at the very end, from behind.

His first wedding was celebrated in St. Petersburg Russia, according to the rites of the Russian Orthodox Church of which his former wife is a member.

If Dimitri is Catholic and did not receive a dispensation to marry in a non Catholic ceremony, the Vatican does not recognize this marriage as valid(see Chris O'Neill and Princess Madeleine)

He is then free to have a church wedding with Charlotte.

BUT...if he did marry Masha Novoselova with Catholic dispensation, he can't marry Charlotte religiously without an annulment.
Dimitri's father was born in Lebanon but was of Syrian origin, so it is very possible that he was Christian orthodox, but could he also be catholic. So it is not impossible that Dimitri is orthodox and in this case he just wed as per his dogma in Russian church. In this case he is not considered as married by the catholic church.

Dimitri's father was born in Lebanon but was of Syrian origin, so it is very possible that he was Christian orthodox, but could he also be catholic. So it is not impossible that Dimitri is orthodox and in this case he just wed as per his dogma in Russian church. In this case he is not considered as married by the catholic church.

His father is said to have been raised in the Chaldean Catholic church, eastern but still Catholic not orthodox.

And if he was Orthodox, then he would need an annulment to marry Charlotte in the catholic church. If a non-Catholic marries inside his own dogma and divorces, he needs an annulment to marry a catholic. The whole issue of a dispensation is only a matter if he married outside his dogma (Catholic to protestant, catholic to orthodox). Marrying someone in your own dogma is considered a valid marriage by the Catholic church.

Last edited:
I love that dress...and the more I see it the more I love it! ?

The only thing I wish she had done differently was her hair...a 60's style bun or maybe an up/down would have been to DIE for with that retro mini dress.

She looks beautiful here!

His father is said to have been raised in the Chaldean Catholic church, eastern but still Catholic not orthodox.

And if he was Orthodox, then he would need an annulment to marry Charlotte in the catholic church. If a non-Catholic marries inside his own dogma and divorces, he needs an annulment to marry a catholic. The whole issue of a dispensation is only a matter if he married outside his dogma (Catholic to protestant, catholic to orthodox). Marrying someone in your own dogma is considered a valid marriage by the Catholic church.

He could be either a Chaldean Catholic, as someone opined before, or he could be a Maronite Catholic or even a Melkite Catholic.

Wiki describes the Rassams as being Lebanese Maronites , one of the most ancient branches of the Catholic Church.

Who knows? But for sure Dimitri is neither Jewish nor Muslim as speculated on another site.

I must say I am so HAPPY for Charlotte, married at last to such a handsome and accomplished man, with an education and dedication to privacy that matches-even exceeds-her own.

I knew from the first photos I saw of the two of them playing by the sea with Raphael that this was not just another boyfriend..this one was different.;)

Glad my hunch was correct. I hope Charlotte can now enjoy the happy family lives that her brothers seem to have.

Given that Dimitris father died when he was four years old I'm not sure that his religious background rubbed off that much on his son.

:previous: I agree, but for many people their religious heritage is part of their cultural identity whether they practice their faith or not.

Thanks for the photos enjoyed them immensley.

Unfortunately no pictures of Casiraghi uncle Marco and Aunt Cecilia, and grandma Fernanda. Afra Casiraghi and Fernanda Casiraghi posted pictures on their IG profile. What a pity....

:previous: I am surprised and grateful we got the photos and video we did.

Both Charlotte and her new husband are VERY serious about protecting their privacy.

Unfortunately no pictures of Casiraghi uncle Marco and Aunt Cecilia, and grandma Fernanda. Afra Casiraghi and Fernanda Casiraghi posted pictures on their IG profile. What a pity....
Marco was in a picture Afra posted.

Fernanda Casiraghi, Daniele'dughter , was present. You can see 2 pictures on Instagram.

It seems that Alexandra and Ben's relationship is going well. Cute to see them together.

Was fernanda casiraghi (the grandmother) present ?

Back
Top Bottom