Vacation in Indonesia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el-khanz

Aristocracy
City
hometown
Country
Indonesia
I read in Indonesia's local newspaper that some members of The Royal Family of Belgium spend their holiday in Indonesia this August. There is a picture of them arriving in Ngurah Rai, the airport of Bali. Unfortunately, I don't really familiar with Belgium's Royal Family, but the paper said that Prince Laurent is among the group.

I know that Laurent and his family went to Zeeuws Flanders, The Netherlands this summer (near Belgian Knokke were Claire´s parents spent their holdidays). The King and Queen went to France and the Dukes of Brabant went to Portugal and France (to stay with the King and Queen), but in between they could have gone to Indonesia of course. I didn´t hear anything about it in the Dutch press. Maybe a Belgian poster, can inform us.

What Indonesian newspaper is it? Is there a possibility that you can post the article? Thank you so much ^_^

Today's issue of the Jakarta Post has a picture of the family arriving at Denpasar's Ngurah Rai Airport from Makassar.

Ahh, thanks for letting us know and welcome, duc-du-riverville! :flowers:
Do you know which members of the BRF landed in Denpasar? Laurent and co. or Astrid and her family for example?

Sorry Johann, I am not familiar with the Belgian royal family. Only Prince Lorenz was mentioned in the caption.

The caption of the image is as follows:

"Belgium's Prince Lorenz and his family arrive at Ngurah Rai's Airport in Denpasar from Makassar on a Garuda flight in this photograph provided by Garuda Indonesia. The European Commission recently imposed a ban on Indonesian airlines flying to European destinations on safety grounds. Despite the ban, the Belgian royal family, which was in Indonesia on a holiday, used Garuda while travelling within the country."

The journalist seems to be terribly impressed by Lorenz' names and titles ;)

The journalist seems to be terribly impressed by Lorenz' names and titles ;)

Yes they are...;) I hope Prince Lorenz and his family enjoy their holiday in Bali. Bali is really a bautiful island:flowers:

Today's issue of the Jakarta Post has a picture of the family arriving at Denpasar's Ngurah Rai Airport from Makassar.

Does anyone has this picture online or in the magazine? Is it possible to post it on the forums? I can not find it anywhere online.
thanx

Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz did definitely went to Indonesia for their holiday. According to the newspaper "Kompas" (national newspaper), they went to Bali & Makassar on early August. The newspaper published a picture of the family on their 20th August edition, where we can see Astrid & Lorenz with Louisa Maria, Joachim, and Laetitia Maria flew with Indonesia flight despite the restriction against it by the EU.

Here is the picture (credit to Kompas/Antara/Nyoman Budhiana)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7641/indonesiahz1.jpg

I assume the lady walking with Laeticia-Maria is the nanny? Does anybody know if the two eldest children went with the rest of the family or spent their holidays on their own?

Thanks for posting the infrmation and picture, purple.

It is interesting that the Belgian royal family choose to have their vacation in Indonesia. I never heard of any other European royal family who do so. If I am not mistaken the then Crown Prince Leopold & Princess Astrid also came to Indonesia for their honeymoon.

Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz did definitely went to Indonesia for their holiday. According to the newspaper "Kompas" (national newspaper), they went to Bali & Makassar on early August. The newspaper published a picture of the family on their 20th August edition, where we can see Astrid & Lorenz with Louisa Maria, Joachim, and Laetitia Maria flew with Indonesia flight despite the restriction against it by the EU.

Here is the picture (credit to Kompas/Antara/Nyoman Budhiana)

[URL="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7641/indonesiahz1.jpg"]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7641/indonesiahz1.jpg[/URL]

Does the EU have a restriction against Indonesia or against Air Garuda, and why?

Wow. That is not such great news for Indonesia.

does anyone have a picture of Amedeo in Indonesia too? The article said he went

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom