The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-28-2015, 05:12 PM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 992
Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:26 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,215
What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 8,682
I like Amedeo. I am sorry that it is outside the line of succession.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:37 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 34,795
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 8,010
Prince Amedeo knew what he was doing. If he decided not to seek a formal approval of his spouse, there had to be a reason for that. The Belgian royal family has enough people in the succession line. Given attempts to streamline the royal family, King Phillipe's children are the nucleus of the succession line.

Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 8,682
And now we will still see less often Amedeo and Lili.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-29-2015, 02:01 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post


Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?
There is no direct reason at this point, apart from the streamlining you mention. The children of Laurent are further down the line. So if Amedeo was asked not to seek approval, I suppose we can assume something similar will happen for the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire were all created prince(ss) in their own right. This did not happen with Elisabetta. But she can still use her husbands titles, like many wives do (like Princess Alexandre / Lea Wolman).





Of course if she will actually use that name/title is unknown. Neither has the court given any clarity on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet
What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !
The issue was discussed a few days ago at the BRMB. Perhaps the newspaper got inspired there. It happens more often that royalty forums are used by journalists for inspiration for articles or topics.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:02 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,030
They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:22 AM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.
Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:30 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.

Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:52 AM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
The problem is that, as far as I understand, it is not "his parents' villa". It is Crown property made permanently available to members of the Royal Family (a settlement that was reached when the family transferred ownership of the Royal Domain to the State).

I suppose Amedeo is still part of the family, but I think living in Crown property should be a perk available only to people in the line of succession , or former monarchs (upon abdication) and/or their wives/widows. Otherwise, it looks like one wants all the benefits of being a royal without the obligations that come with it. That is only my personal opinion though.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
Donna Elisabetta herself is created nothing. She can be addressed with her spouse's titles: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Hungary. Like any Belgian lady who marries a Prince, a Duke, a Marquess, a Count, a Viscount, a Baron can be addressed with her spouse's title.

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:26 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.
Yes, the Donation Royale has LOTS of properties and most of these are rented out. If it can be rented to mr X or mrs Y, it can be rented out too to Prince Amedeo of Belgium, of course.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.
Yes, back then Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent were unmarried. The Royal House was much smaller and indeed, Laurent was number three after his father and his elder brother.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:47 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,030
King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,030
I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.
Lorenz was created Prince of Belgium on 10.11.1995 so four years after his children.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:15 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.
Well July and August are empty months they have to fill
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
de belgique, prince of belgium, princess of belgium, surname, van belgië


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Dukes, Royal Duchies and Royal Ducal Titles btsnyder British Royals 808 04-28-2022 11:54 AM
Titles of the Royal Family curious Royal Family of Spain 273 02-18-2022 04:17 PM
Historical/Substantive titles within the Belgian Royal Family LadyLeana Belgian Royal History 16 12-31-2021 11:08 PM
Titles, Surname and Protocols for the Royal Family Australian The Royal Family of Greece 448 11-29-2021 06:38 PM
Belgian Abdication & Installation: Changes in Titles, Dotation and the Court leidi Royal Family of Belgium 30 07-23-2013 06:07 PM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla castile charles congo coronation crown jewels de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex gemstones guzman henry viii identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period need help norway crown princely couple official visit orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai spanish royal family state visit st edward tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×