The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM
leidi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,095
Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.
  #42  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:26 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,633
What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !
  #43  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,682
I like Amedeo. I am sorry that it is outside the line of succession.
  #44  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:37 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 40,350
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
  #45  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 8,009
Prince Amedeo knew what he was doing. If he decided not to seek a formal approval of his spouse, there had to be a reason for that. The Belgian royal family has enough people in the succession line. Given attempts to streamline the royal family, King Phillipe's children are the nucleus of the succession line.

Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?
  #46  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,682
And now we will still see less often Amedeo and Lili.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
  #47  
Old 07-29-2015, 03:01 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 26,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post


Is there a reason to remove Prince Laurent's children from the succession line? Does the Belgian government intend to do so?
There is no direct reason at this point, apart from the streamlining you mention. The children of Laurent are further down the line. So if Amedeo was asked not to seek approval, I suppose we can assume something similar will happen for the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
Mathilde, Lorenz and Claire were all created prince(ss) in their own right. This did not happen with Elisabetta. But she can still use her husbands titles, like many wives do (like Princess Alexandre / Lea Wolman).





Of course if she will actually use that name/title is unknown. Neither has the court given any clarity on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet
What amazes me is that the papers have been so long to realize.... not a new fact I think !
The issue was discussed a few days ago at the BRMB. Perhaps the newspaper got inspired there. It happens more often that royalty forums are used by journalists for inspiration for articles or topics.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #48  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:02 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,719
They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.
  #49  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:22 AM
leidi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
They will continue the Habsbourg Este , Prince Lorenz is the head of.

Amedeo is working and wants free life . The Government never gave the tittle of Princess of Belgium to Lilli.

When his father Prince Lorenz married the King's Niece , Philippe and Laurent were still unmarried and Astrid was N° 2 , it was King Baudouin's will.
Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.
  #50  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 9,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Le prince Amedeo a renoncé à sa place dans l'ordre de succession au trône - La Libre.be

According to this, by not asking permission to marry, Amedeo gave up his sucession rights, he doesn't want to do official acts and live under scrutiny, that's why Elisabetta was never created a Princess of Belgium but she's an Archduchess due to Amedeo's paternal titles.

Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.
  #51  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:52 AM
leidi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Now that Amedeo is no longer in the line of succession, the logical next step would be for him and his wife not to live in any Crown estate in the Royal Domain of Laeken. Let's see if he will do that.
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
  #52  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 9,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
The problem is that, as far as I understand, it is not "his parents' villa". It is Crown property made permanently available to members of the Royal Family (a settlement that was reached when the family transferred ownership of the Royal Domain to the State).

I suppose Amedeo is still part of the family, but I think living in Crown property should be a perk available only to people in the line of succession , or former monarchs (upon abdication) and/or their wives/widows. Otherwise, it looks like one wants all the benefits of being a royal without the obligations that come with it. That is only my personal opinion though.
  #53  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 7,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I guess he could live in his parents' villa but not get one for him & Lili alone, right?
Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.
__________________
Stefan



  #54  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:24 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Would it be correct to style Elisabetta 'HI&RH Archduchess of Austria-Este' seeing as she was not made a Princess of Belgium?
Donna Elisabetta herself is created nothing. She can be addressed with her spouse's titles: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Hungary. Like any Belgian lady who marries a Prince, a Duke, a Marquess, a Count, a Viscount, a Baron can be addressed with her spouse's title.

  #55  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:26 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Perhaps if he is paying rent for it.
Yes, the Donation Royale has LOTS of properties and most of these are rented out. If it can be rented to mr X or mrs Y, it can be rented out too to Prince Amedeo of Belgium, of course.

  #56  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 13,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Wasn't the law changed in 1991? I remember that when Astrid got married in 1984, Laurent was still ahead of her in the sucession line and it was one of the reasons why Baudouin pushed for a change in the law, to keep that loose cannon as far away from the throne as possible.
Yes, back then Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent were unmarried. The Royal House was much smaller and indeed, Laurent was number three after his father and his elder brother.
  #57  
Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,719
King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.
  #58  
Old 07-29-2015, 10:50 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,719
I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.
  #59  
Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 7,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't remember when Archuke Lorenz was titled Prince of Belgium ?

They are Leurs Altesses Impériales et Royales l'Archiduc et l'Archiduchesse Amadeo de Habsbourg-Este.
Lorenz was created Prince of Belgium on 10.11.1995 so four years after his children.
__________________
Stefan



  #60  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:15 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
King Albert Ii said in his interview with Pascal Vrebos that Amadeo bought a house , work and lives in Belgium.
He is independant , free has nothing to do with the Royal Donation and will never move to his parent's house.
I wonder how this comes out now through Story.
Well July and August are empty months they have to fill
Closed Thread

Tags
de belgique, prince of belgium, princess of belgium, surname, van belgië


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Historical/Substantive titles within the Belgian Royal Family LadyLeana Belgian Royal History 16 01-01-2022 12:08 AM
(Belgian) Congo and the Belgian Royal Family episcogal Belgian Royal History 45 07-10-2021 07:10 PM




Popular Tags
#alnahyanwedding #princedubai #wedding abolished monarchies anhalt-bernburg baptism bevilacqua birth camilla home catherine princess of wales coat of arms commonwealth countries dna edward vii fallen empires fallen kingdom fashion suggestions fifa women's world cup football france friederike godfather grand duke henri harry hobbies house of gonzaga international events jewellery jewels king charles lady pamela hicks list of rulers mall coronation day movies order of the redeemer overseas tours pahlavi pamela mountbatten persia prince & princess of wales prince christian princess alexia princess amalia princess elisabeth princess of orange princess of wales q: reputable place? queen queen alexandra queen camilla queen elizabeth ii queen elizabeth ii fashion queen silvia rasputin royal christenings royals royal wedding royal without thrones scarves schleswig-holstein-sonderburg-glücksburg shah reza silk state visit state visit to france tiara tiaras website william wiltshire woven


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023
Jelsoft Enterprises