Princess Delphine & Family, News & Events 1; 2020 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Princess Delphine speak Dutch? Now that she is taking official representation duties on behalf of the Royal Family, it becomes a relevant question.

Does Princess Delphine speak Dutch? Now that she is taking official representation duties on behalf of the Royal Family, it becomes a relevant question.
I don't think this visit is to be classified as "official representation". But I understand it can be perceived as such. The line between private and public in royal lives is extremely thin.

She is not undertaking official representation. She herself also stated that she is just showing up as herself/princess Delphine and is not in anyway representing the royal family. So, from that perspective she is just another celebrity who is famous because of her father and because of that is also titled.

So, just like they could ask a television personality or a random count in the area to open something in the hopes of attracting more attention to it, now there is also a princess you can get to do these acts for you and most likely get more publicity out of it. There is no scrutinizing by the royal house of her invitations (unlike if you'd request one of the working members of the royal family), you can approach her directly and she'll decide whether to take up your offer or not.

Last edited:
That's great, a charity she's interested in (even better, excellent at).

Love that she got a matching scarf and mask (from her artwork I believe?).

Really nice to see the Princess there in person,I think we will be seeing more and more of Delphine in 2021.

The Princess Delphine of Belgium of Saxe-Coburg Fund was established at the Ghent University Hospital today, December 10.

Princess Delphine was present.

A nice idea!

** rex gallery ** vrt.be article ** translation **
The name seemed a little weird 'of Belgium of Saxe-Coburg' and indeed, that's not the name of the fund; there is no 'of Belgium' in the name of the Fund, it is (in Dutch): Fonds Prinses Delphine van Saksen-Coburg.

Brigitte Balfort , VTM royal specalist wrote a Book "Princessen van Belgie" and she added quickly a Chapter about Dephine and the two pictures.
To Morrow in the Shops , always for Christmas....

So did she establish and fund any of it, or is she just the titular head?

So did she establish and fund any of it, or is she just the titular head?

The university hospital established the fund and it seemed they jumped on the band wagon by asking Delphine to become their figurehead because of her new status as princess and given that she is known as an artist.

Brigitte Balfort , VTM royal specalist wrote a Book "Princessen van Belgie" and she added quickly a Chapter about Dephine and the two pictures.
To Morrow in the Shops , always for Christmas....

But doesn't her daughter Princess Josephine count, or is this only a book about adult Princesses?

But doesn't her daughter Princess Josephine count, or is this only a book about adult Princesses?

It's about every Princess in Belgium. Princess Eléonore is also featured, as well as Princess Astrid's daughters.
So I assume that Princess Joséphine gets at least a mention. For the chapter about Delphine was added at the last minute before it went to the printing company.

I see that maria-olivia already mentioned the latter part.

Last edited:
The university hospital established the fund and it seemed they jumped on the band wagon by asking Delphine to become their figurehead because of her new status as princess and given that she is known as an artist.

"The Fund will fund initiatives for the integration of art in health care."

That is indeed right up her alley, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did more than just figurehead.

Interesting that that piece she created for the Red Cross is now being used elsewhere (aside from the mask which she had back at her final court hearing). I wonder if they had to give permission or if Delphine retains creative control.

"The Fund will fund initiatives for the integration of art in health care."

That is indeed right up her alley, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did more than just figurehead.

Interesting that that piece she created for the Red Cross is now being used elsewhere (aside from the mask which she had back at her final court hearing). I wonder if they had to give permission or if Delphine retains creative control.
Your question was whether she established or funded part of this fund; she did not. Whether her being the figurehead will evolve into more, we don't know yet but it could indeed be the case.

Your question was whether she established or funded part of this fund; she did not. Whether her being the figurehead will evolve into more, we don't know yet but it could indeed be the case.

Since I was initially informed she was just the figurehead and then saw the purpose of the fund, I wondered if she wouldn't be doing more (future). Apologies for any confusion.

The Princess Delphine of Belgium of Saxe-Coburg Fund was established at the Ghent University Hospital today, December 10.

Princess Delphine was present.

A nice idea!

** rex gallery ** vrt.be article ** translation **
That's a great idea. Of course the Hospital is profiting of her new state and popularity, but isn't that exactly what popularity should be for? To help people in need?

I may tell you An Ard Ri that Jim O'Hare is a very kind Man, He explained me the story of the song Amazing Grace.

Delphine is doing well and looks so peaceful.

Last edited:
The dress is not my taste, but good luck to her with her new project.

According to Belgian journalist Wim Dehandshutter Princess Dèlphine has been invited and accepted to attend the National day celebrations on 21 July. She and her partner Jim will join her siblings and their spouses King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorentz and Prince Laurent in attendance at both the traditional military parade and some civil celebrations.
Princess Elisabeth, who is currently enrolled at the Royal Military Academy, will take part in the military parade.

Last edited:
Here in Belgium, all the medias confirm that she and her boyfriend will be present at the celebrations.

The are Present with the Kings agreement.
King Albert II , Queen Paola and Princess Claire will not attend.

I am sorry that King Albert, Queen Paola and Princess Claire do not attend.
This heightens concerns about Princess Claire's health status.

Was Jim O'Hare also invited by the King or did Princess Delphine request that he accompany her? It is interesting that the agenda on monarchie.be implies he will be attending as a member of the Royal Family, even though he and Delphine are apparently not legally married and the court ruling did not make him a Prince of Belgium, or even a Prince. Have unmarried partners of royals ever been present at an official event in Belgium?

It's about every Princess in Belgium. Princess Eléonore is also featured, as well as Princess Astrid's daughters.

I think you meant to write "every Princess of Belgium". ? (For those who are not aware, there are dozens of princesses in Belgium, most of whom are members of the princely noble families and no relation to the Royal Family. In the Belgian Royal Family one also finds Princess Astrid's daughter-in-law and granddaughter, who are officially titled as Princess Elisabetta/Anna Astrid without being Princesses "of Belgium", as was discussed in other threads.)

Last edited:
Princess Delphine and Esteban Muth presented the Lamborghini of racing driver Muth, designed by Delphine for the third stage of the DTM championships this weekend at the race track in Zolder today, August 6:

** rex gallery **

Princess Delphine supports the fight against breast cancer and participated in a Pink Ribbon (the international symbol of breast cancer awareness) event in Brussels today, September 14.

Delphine has designed this year's ribbon: "I immediately said 'yes' when they asked me to design the ribbon. It's a charity that I care about deeply. I hesitated between two designs, initially the ribbon said 'never give up'. But I chose 'love' anyway, because it involves more people in the subject. After all, it's about empathy":

** Pic ** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** ppe gallery **

** hln.be article with video: Delphine Boël onthult lintje van Pink Ribbon **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom