The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2020, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
So did she establish and fund any of it, or is she just the titular head?
The university hospital established the fund and it seemed they jumped on the band wagon by asking Delphine to become their figurehead because of her new status as princess and given that she is known as an artist.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Brigitte Balfort , VTM royal specalist wrote a Book "Princessen van Belgie" and she added quickly a Chapter about Dephine and the two pictures.
To Morrow in the Shops , always for Christmas....
But doesn't her daughter Princess Josephine count, or is this only a book about adult Princesses?

Old 12-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But doesn't her daughter Princess Josephine count, or is this only a book about adult Princesses?
It's about every Princess in Belgium. Princess Eléonore is also featured, as well as Princess Astrid's daughters.
So I assume that Princess Joséphine gets at least a mention. For the chapter about Delphine was added at the last minute before it went to the printing company.

I see that maria-olivia already mentioned the latter part.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The university hospital established the fund and it seemed they jumped on the band wagon by asking Delphine to become their figurehead because of her new status as princess and given that she is known as an artist.
"The Fund will fund initiatives for the integration of art in health care."

That is indeed right up her alley, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did more than just figurehead.

Interesting that that piece she created for the Red Cross is now being used elsewhere (aside from the mask which she had back at her final court hearing). I wonder if they had to give permission or if Delphine retains creative control.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
"The Fund will fund initiatives for the integration of art in health care."

That is indeed right up her alley, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did more than just figurehead.

Interesting that that piece she created for the Red Cross is now being used elsewhere (aside from the mask which she had back at her final court hearing). I wonder if they had to give permission or if Delphine retains creative control.
Your question was whether she established or funded part of this fund; she did not. Whether her being the figurehead will evolve into more, we don't know yet but it could indeed be the case.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Your question was whether she established or funded part of this fund; she did not. Whether her being the figurehead will evolve into more, we don't know yet but it could indeed be the case.
Since I was initially informed she was just the figurehead and then saw the purpose of the fund, I wondered if she wouldn't be doing more (future). Apologies for any confusion.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its the 1st time I've seen a photo of her Irish American partner, Jim O'Hare.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...2020%20Belgium
Old 12-11-2020, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Princess Delphine of Belgium of Saxe-Coburg Fund was established at the Ghent University Hospital today, December 10.

Princess Delphine was present.

A nice idea!

** rex gallery ** vrt.be article ** translation **
That's a great idea. Of course the Hospital is profiting of her new state and popularity, but isn't that exactly what popularity should be for? To help people in need?
Old 12-11-2020, 07:46 AM
Majesty

I may tell you An Ard Ri that Jim O'Hare is a very kind Man, He explained me the story of the song Amazing Grace.

Delphine is doing well and looks so peaceful.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its the 1st time I've seen a photo of her Irish American partner, Jim O'Hare.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...2020%20Belgium
Skippy's post at #506 has him without a mask. https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2349418