Princess Delphine & Family, News & Events 1; 2020 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear, Hear

And in the meantime, we are gradually making her the most talked about princess in Belgium. ?

I hope that now she has recogntion, she will just lead her life and not push for anything more. I think that she has gone a shade too far in deciding to be a princess.. because ther'es no need for it. Even if she has some big cause that she wants to promote seh does not have to be a princess to do it. But Albert has behaved so badly that I cant entirely blame her for getting whatever status she can out of hte whole mess

Same here; being a princess won't bring her anything and I now think she just lost out on Jacques Boel's moneybags by trying to get a different legal surname.

Same here; being a princess won't bring her anything and I now think she just lost out on Jacques Boel's moneybags by trying to get a different legal surname.
She knew that. She wanted recogntion from her father more than she wanted Jacques boels money.....

Do you think she should have been content with inheriting the Boël fortune? You seem to blame her for forfeiting it now that she is a Saxe-Cobourg.

Do you think she should have been content with inheriting the Boël fortune? You seem to blame her for forfeiting it now that she is a Saxe-Cobourg.
JMO but I think it depends on what she wanted. She could have been very rich on J Boel's death, but her relationship with him was never close and I presume she wasn't looking to inherit a huge fortune. I think she was deeply hurt that ALbert had been a father to her for years and then rejected her and she tried to get a basic recognition. When he continued to reject her, she got angry and upset and decided that if she was not going to be his daugher in any real sense, she was going to push him into at least a legal recogntion that she was his biological daughter....

:previous: I agree, but I am surprised that some people are so hung up on and can't get past the money part.

I think the new identity means more to her than people realize or are willing to admit.

Especially around here, she's viewed a bit differently now that she's "HRH Princess Delphine". Money can't buy you that, either.

I think the new identity means more to her than people realize or are willing to admit.

Especially around here, she's viewed a bit differently now that she's "HRH Princess Delphine". Money can't buy you that, either.

True but being a Princess can also make you money.. I htink that she wants to be HRH, and the courts clealry feel that she has the right to be. I dont think she should have accepted it... but my sympathies are with her...

True but being a Princess can also make you money..

It can, but unlike the Sussexes or Märtha Louise of Norway, two-thirds of whom have had their titles from birth, Delphine hasn't given any indication whatsoever that she wants to monetize the title, so other posters insinuating that she does and will are unfair. It doesn't have to be about money either way. (She was already making enough simply on the notoriety as Delphine Boël, Albert's unrecognized daughter.)

At least let her try to use the title for extra cash (or cachet) before you judge her.

Last edited:
The official Facebook page of the Royal Family has announced that the King has met his sister, Princess Delphine, with this words and a picture of the two.

"Joint communication of the King and Princess Delphine:
On Friday 9 October, we met each other for the first time at the Castle of Laken. It was a warm encounter. This long and rich discussion gave us the opportunity to learn to know each other. We talked about our respective lives and areas of shared interest. This bond will further develop within the family setting.
Philippe & Delphine"

Facebook Monarchie

I must say I am impressed with what Philippe has done. He is proving himself to be a better person than their father ever was.

Last edited:
And in the meantime, we are gradually making her the most talked about princess in Belgium. ?
This is not true. It is our Duchesse de Brabant

Everybody fears a Second Civid Confination and the Delphine Affair is now over.
No word in our News about this facebook Communication. They this is their Private Story .

Last edited:
The Facebook page of the Royal Family has announced that the King has met his sister, Princess Delphine, with this words and a picture of the two.

On Friday 9 October, we met each other for the first time at the Castle of Laken. It was a warm encounter. This long and rich discussion gave us the opportunity to learn to know each other. We talked about our respective lives and areas of shared interest. This bond will further develop within the family setting.
Philippe & Delphine"

Facebook Monarchie

I must say I am impressed with what Philippe has done. He is proving himself to be a better person than their father ever was.

After all they both suffered from their parent's affairs, don't need to be each other's enemy.

No word in our News about this facebook Communication. They this is their Private Story .

The news has just come out, even if they met on October 9th. The royal commentator Wim Dehandschutter is talking about it now on Twitter. I think the news will be covered tomorrow in every newspaper.

Last edited:
The Facebook page of the Royal Family has announced that the King has met his sister, Princess Delphine, with this words and a picture of the two.

Philippe & Delphine"

Facebook Monarchie

That is lovely, and I concur. Perhaps this might also be viewed as a rebuke to certain quarters on social media who have shamed him for the actions of his father (despite the fact that he and his legal siblings likewise suffered) and delighted in the court of appeal's reduction of his constitutional prerogatives.

It would be a wonderful outcome if the meeting opened the door to a reconciliation between King Albert and Princess Delphine, and in the best case scenario with Jacques Boël also, but if that fails, one can still hope that "This bond will further develop within the family setting" means that there will at least be no further public negativity toward her father's wife and children from the princess and her mother and supporters.

Last edited:
Royal commentator Wim Dehandschutter is giving details on the meeting.

The meeting happened upon the King's invitation, it was only the two of them (Mathilde did not join them) and it lasted three hours.

Twitter

Philippe & Delphine"

Facebook Monarchie

I am very glad for Delphine, but also for Philippe. Both of them suffered a lot due to Albert's behaviour. I sincerely hope the bond will strengthen. They may not become best mates but if they recognize each other as a part of the family, that will be a great step. King Philippe's behaviour was very decent and I hope it will help Delphine to heal her wounds.

Last edited:
There is a strong family resemblance. I hope the future can heal as much of the rift as possible....hoping the media and public give them time.

Indeed , it is just published in our newspapers.
Perhaps tjey waited the last part of Philippe op weg naar de troon to publish the Picture.

Last edited:
Wow, I am surprised! Glad for Delphine and a grand gesture from Philippe.
I never thought I'd see this, but then: who did?

There is a strong family resemblance. I hope the future can heal as much of the rift as possible....hoping the media and public give them time.

I can see the resemblance more now that they're standing next to each other.

Philippe & Delphine"

Facebook Monarchie

Awwwwwww! :flowers::flowers: (Okay, as someone who's been beating the "Philippe please be nice to your other sister" drum for a long time, this is a very nice thing. Good on you, kids.). Awwwww!

Edit: imagine if they both wore all the colors at the same time. :lol:

Last edited:
a grand gesture from Philippe.

Stillwaters run deep. I have always maintained Philippe is neither stupid nor dull, just a good, self-effacing and thoughtful man -- a commodity that is regrettably in short supply among world leaders.

(Okay, as someone who's been beating the "Philippe please be nice to your other sister" drum for a long time, [...]

As far as I have read, Philippe has said nothing that was not nice in regards to Delphine. Indeed there was a rumor that he urged his father to come to an arrangement with Delphine and allocate her a share of his inheritance. It was Delphine's mother who commented not-nicely on then-Prince Philippe; I haven't followed the story closely enough to know whether Delphine has done the same.

It was a beautiful gesture by King Philippe. Are Astrid and Laurent also available to receive Delphine?

I'm glad the King and his family is taking care of the situation in a kind way. It can't have been easy. But he is doing it!

I'm still waiting for the arguments of the courts how they came to decide that Delphine has a right to HRH. Sachsen Coburg .. yes of course. but the rest?

As far as I have read, Philippe has said nothing that was not nice in regards to Delphine. Indeed there was a rumor that he urged his father to come to an arrangement with Delphine and allocate her a share of his inheritance. It was Delphine's mother who commented not-nicely on then-Prince Philippe; I haven't followed the story closely enough to know whether Delphine has done the same.

Sybille was ungracious and insulting about Philippe, yes, but Albert was hardly any nicer (and in quantity a lot crueler) about Delphine.

I have never said that Philippe was unkind to her, but his forced and studied silence didn't give the opposite impression, either. I also said no one knew how King Phil felt and simply hoped some gesture of reconciliation would eventually come. That the kids have decided to be more adult than the adults — and they've decided to make it public — is lovely. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom