State Visit from the Netherlands to Belgium: June 20 - 22, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news! I like that this State Visit is happening on the same year both the kings celebrate the 10th anniversary of their reigns. Hopefully both the Crown Princesses can attend the visit as well.

Great news! I like that this State Visit is happening on the same year both the kings celebrate the 10th anniversary of their reigns. Hopefully both the Crown Princesses can attend the visit as well.

Indeed Great news! and yes, maybe for this reason ( the 10th anniversary) we have the State Visit this year.

Wonderful News. Now if only the Princess of Orange and the Duchess of Brabant would participate

Wonderful News. Now if only the Princess of Orange and the Duchess of Brabant would participate

We might very well see the Duchess of Brabant and possibly Queen Paola given the close ties between the Dutch and Belgian RF.

I note that this is a three day state visit, unlike the two day affairs that seem to increasngly be happening.

We might very well see the Duchess of Brabant and possibly Queen Paola given the close ties between the Dutch and Belgian RF.

It is entirely possible that the Duchess of Brabant participates, especially if her end of year exams are over by then.

I am unsure if Albert & Paola will participate in the official part of the state visit. W-A and Max may visit them in a private capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is entirely possible that the Duchess of Brabant participates, especially if her end of year exams are over by then.

I can not wait for it!!

The third state visit for WA and Maxima, only in this semester!!

King Willem-Alexander received a Belgian press delegation as part of a visit of the Belgian press to the Netherlands in Den Haag today, June 5.

The visit was organized by the RVO Netherlands Enterprise Agency and the Dutch embassy in Belgium in preparation of the upcoming state visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Looking forward to the incoming State Visit from NL tomorrow!!:flowers:

Any information about attending members from the Belgian Royal Family?

They have arrived at Brussels Midi station.Queen Maxima looking fantastic!!

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima arrived w Brussels in the royal train.

Welcome ceremony at the Royal Palace of Brussels.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Brussels.

The Royal Couple will visited the Federal Parliament of Belgium and speak with representatives of the Senate and members of the Chamber of Representatives. They then meet Prime Minister Alexander de Croo in his official residence.

The Royal Couples of Belgium and the Netherlands take a walk on the Grand Place in the heart of Brussels and meet residents and tourists, called a Volksbad. Beforehand, they are received by the mayor of Brussels at the town hall.

I wonder why the Belgian RF don't use carriages for State Visits, the mounted horse guards and motor cars don't blend well.

Looks like a beautiful day for the start of the Visit!

I wonder why the Belgian RF don't use carriages for State Visits, the mounted horse guards and motor cars don't blend well.

I believe the carriages that were used (up to the reign of King Leopold III?) are no longer fit for use and are kept nowadays as museum pieces only.

They aren't using carriages at all. Not even when the King receives Ambassadors. For that they are using it in Spain but that is the only occasion there.
In NL they are also not using carriages for State Visits anymore

Glad they took the train. Do they have their own train?

Yes but it will be retired after this State Visit.

Can´t recall I have ever seen a coach let alone a State Coach with the Belgian Royals.

Our former royal coaches are in e Museum.
Newe from Belgium about the Visit.
The Dutch said that Charleroi was an ugly City , The Dutch Royals will go to Charleroi !
King Willem Alexander will give a speech . A première !!

Last edited:
Our frmer royal coaches are in e Museum.
Newe from Belgium about the Visit.
The Dutch said that Charleroi was an ugly City , The Dutch Royals will go to Charleroi !
King Willem Alexander will give a speech . A première !!

Charleroi ugly?No..Liege is ugly,or rather very dirty instead of ugly to be honest..:ohmy:

At the former State Visit 17 years ago Willem Alexander and Maxima , Philippe and Mathilde wore minor Orders . To night we will see them with main Orders.
The Kings wore already the small version at their arrival.

Looks like there were nice crowds of well wishers to greet the Dutch King and queen.

At the former State Visit 17 years ago Willem Alexander and Maxima , Philippe and Mathilde wore minor Orders . To night we will see them with main Orders.
The Kings wore already the small version at their arrival.
They were already given the respektive higher Orders at the Belgien State Visit to the Netherlands a few years ago

Astrid and Lorenz will attend the banquet, but Laurent and Claire will not. They were invited but they will not be present.

Another question: Elisabeth's exams were concluded?

Queenm Maxima in the full Stuart tiara withj its namegiving diamond and the matching neckalce. Queen Mathilde in the full nince provinces tiara and the Wolfers as necklace

A shame that Laurent and Clarie declined to attend.

Last edited:
Any pictures of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz? According to Twitter, Princess Astrid was wearing the Savoy-Aosta Tiara (which gives me hope that the Art Deco Bandeau may remain with the main line after all).

I am disappointed that neither Princess Elisabeth nor Princess Claire were at the banquet. I didn't expect Queen Paola to be there anyway, so no disappointment on that count.

Last edited:
Any pictures of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz? According to Twitter, Princess Astrid was wearing the Savoy-Aosta Tiara.

I am disappointed that neither Princess Elisabeth nor Princess Claire were at the banquet. I didn't expect Queen Paola to be there anyway, so no disappointment on that count.

What twitter account?
University life should be soooo busy...:sad::ermm: If I was a ruler, I would forbid royals to enter at university

What's happened with the Royal Palace? Is it under renovation? Why the banquet is at Laeken?

Back
Top Bottom