State Visit from Germany to Belgium: March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Laurent's intentional breach of the protocol was not amusing. Prince Laurent acts like a spoilt child at this point.

On a different note, Frau Schadt's gown was quite shiny in a cheap way.

Last edited:
Not the best of Her Majesty´s gowns IMO. The dress of Mrs. Schadt looks much more elegant.

If it is longer it is the small bandeau of the 9 Province tiara.

If it is longer it is the small bandeau of the 9 Province tiara.

Doesn't it look a bit to pointy for the bandeau?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Still not great quality for detail, but it does seem too long for the wolfers. Starting to look like one of the forms of the 9 provinces.

Doesn't it look a bit to pointy for the bandeau?

It looks a bit like a baby fringe :wacko:

Mathilde doesn't own a baby fringe as far as we know xD

It might be just her own laurel tiara.

It is, afaik, her smallest tiara right?

Size does not always matter... The diamonds in the Wolfers Diadem are far better of carat, cut, color and clarity than -for an example- the diamonds in her bigger laurel wreath diadem. Making the Wolfers Diadem more valuable and exquisite.

Last edited:
Size does not always matter... The diamonds in the Wolfers Diadem are far better of carat, cut, color and clarity than -for an example- the diamonds in her laurel wreath diadem.

Oh yes definitely, I was just talking about the size of the tiara to be able to identify it.
When it comes to value one of the most simple tiaras worn by a queen today, the Dutch bandeau tiara, is also one of the most valuable and the diamonds are of an almost unmatchable quality.

I like it that the Belgians keep it white tie. The Dutch did it too for the visits from Sweden and China. Finally some countries keeping up decorum. Tomorrow at the Élysée we will not see this style.

You are right the Wolfers diamonds are huge , but is the Queen wearing this tiara to-night ????

I like it that the Belgians keep it white tie. The Dutch did it too for the visits from Sweden and China. Finally some countries keeping up decorum. Tomorrow at the Élysée we will not see this style.

Agreed. I've never understood this thing about having a State dinner and then try to tone it down. If they want to keep it simple then have a working lunch and go home the same day.
In the words of Queen Victoria of Sweden "If it's a queen they want I'm sure going to look and act the part!"

Stefan , you are right , it is not the bandeau tiara but the Wolfers.

The base of the Spanish tiara ???????

It looks a bit to dense for the base of the Spanish don't you think? Besides isn't that a circlet?

Duc, Did you see our new President of la Chambre des representants? and he is NVA.
Bravo, comparing to André Flahaut.

Now I am going to sleep ; Good night and Thanks Stefan !

There's a surprise for the tiara watchers here on the forum,well spotted :flowers:

It suits Astrid very well. Overall she looks very well put together tonight.

Princess Astrid did not wear her usual Savoy-Aosta tiara but instead chose her mother's Art Deco bandeau tiara
https://twitter.com/theroyalsworld/status/707328374994247680

Does that mean Paola has decided to leave the Art Deco to Astrid ? I was afraid she might do something like that. IMHO, that tiara should remain in the main branch of the Royal Family.

Last edited:
Duc, Did you see our new President of la Chambre des representants? and he is NVA.
Bravo, comparing to André Flahaut.

It is definitely looking better than M André Flahaut in his polyester daily suit but M Siegfried Bracke has mixed the dresscode up: he wore cravate noire (smoking) at a cravate blanche (tails) event... At least M Bracke did an effort.

Back
Top Bottom