Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 9 (Jan 2019 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40 years ago , Prince Philippe 19 years took his oath as officer nefore King Baudouin, the only King of the Belgians who never received a military education because of the War.

Congratulations, Princess Elisabeth...or should I say: Officer Van België!!! ?

Taking the oath in all 3 languages, the other students take the oath in one language (their mother tongue).
A longer video:

The proud parents and siblings:

Prince Gabriël marching. Someone please check on Mathilde!

I still don't understand how Princess Elisabeth can be commissioned when she still has one year (?) left before earning her bachelor's degree at Oxford.

I still don't understand how Princess Elisabeth can be commissioned when she still has one year (?) left before earning her bachelor's degree at Oxford.

I am not sure how it works either but it seems they just count the number of years/credits. She did one year at the military academy and now completed two years at Oxford. The initial military program is three years, so she most likely earned sufficient credits and did the obligatory military camps?!

Elisabeth has done a full year and three summer camps, thus fullfiling the requirements needed for her to become an officer.
Prince Gabriël will become an officer after completing his third year.

Congratulations to the Duchess of Brabant and Prince Gabriël!

I don't know how it works exactly, but also her cousin, Prince Amedeo, took his oath as an officer in 2007, one year before earning his bachelor's degree at the London School of Economics.

Princess Elisabeth wears 2 stars on her uniform (near her neck) and Prince Gabriel 1 star.

For the first time in our history , Princess Elisabeth swore in our 3 languages.

This year, the annual Mass to commemorate the deceased members of the Royal Family will take place on 20 February.
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, King Albert II and Queen Paola, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire, Princess Delphine and Jim O'hare will attend the service:

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/...re-des-membres-defunts-de-la-famille-royale-0

On 17 February it will be 90 years since King Albert I's tragic death in Marche-les-Dames. His grandson, the future King Albert II, who was of course named after him, was born just a few months later (6 June 1934).

Some pictures from the annual Mass to commemorate the deceased members of the Royal House, on February 20:

Photo News on Instagram: "Mass for the defuncts of the Royal Family Pictures by @didelebrun #royals #royalfamily #belgianroyalfamily #belgianroyals #belgianroyalty #queenmathilde #kingphilippe #kingalbert #queenpaola #princelaurent #princessclaire ##princessdelphine #princess #prince #queen #king #mass #tedeum"

A video of the arrivals of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, King Albert II and Queen Paola, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire, Princess Delphine and Jim O'Hare:

Besides the people who had been announced to attend by the Royal Palace, Princess Léa, Princess Marie-Astrid and Archduke Carl-Christian were also present, as well as Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein:
Messe annuelle pour les défunts de la famille royale de Belgique – Noblesse & Royautés

There was a nice turn out for the annual Mass and really lovely to see Princess Marie-Astrid , Archduke Carl-Christian and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein.

The King Philippe receives former US President Barack Obama at the Castle of Laeken, together with Princess Elisabeth.

Wow! What a beautiful Princess!

If we wanted to listen to the ex President Obama in Belgium , we had to pay 600 euros.

Prince Amedeo and his family were in Belgium to celebrate Easter. His wife, Lili, and eldest daughter Anna Astrid (who will turn 8 next month) were spotted attending a mass on Easter Sunday with King Albert and Queen Paola, in the Brussels Cathedral:

https://www.hln.be/royalty/kijk-prins-amedeo-oudste-kleinkind-van-albert-en-paola-zakt-voor-pasen-nog-een-keer-af-van-zwitserland-naar-belgie~ab8e5ffa/?referrer=http://m.facebook.com/
What a shame there are no photos.:(

Back
Top Bottom