Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see the extended royal family attending the concert too, this year. Xmas should really be the time of the year for reconciliation and family unity.

Again a non smiling Princess Astrid when she is with the King and the Queen.
Princess Claire is doing well.

Where was Louise? Had to stay home with her sulking father? :rolleyes:

Someone needs to babysit him.... (Sorry if this sounds petty)

Again a non smiling Princess Astrid when she is with the King and the Queen.
Princess Claire is doing well.

Is she making a point or just not being caught smiling in the photographs released?

Is she making a point or just not being caught smiling in the photographs released?

I am afraid she's doing it on purpose. It's not the first time...but it's an extremely childish behaviour. Anything she has against her brother, should be left at home.

Princess Astrid is the only one of our Royal Family who has a naturel smile but when she is with the King and the Queen she seems unhappy. She has to be there . What a sad Royal family we have !

I'm surprised at that, she has always seem close to her brother and always seems quite happy doing royal duties so I'm surprised if there is an issue? But i don't know that much

I can safely say I did not miss Prince Laurent at the Christmas Concert,it was nice to see the Royal Family together and would have been especially nice to see Queen Paola there with her grandchildren.

Nice to see the photos of the family at the Christmas concert - Princess Elisabeth looks really grown up! It's nice to see Nicolas and Aymeric there too but I also wonder where Louise was. Maybe she had to try and persuade her father to go, and it took them so long that they missed the concert.

Tomorrow evening King and the Queen offer the annual Christmas concert in the Palace in Brussels. Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Princess Claire, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric also attend the concert.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/kerstconcert

And the final christmas preperations in the Palace for tomorrow

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=b282dd3119fdb1e77aaed0e7b4394379&oe=5AD3B162
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=35d5901c23ce474bac20254ae25b00b1&oe=5AB56370
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=7203ee68e359b748715b7e8ce52f4699&oe=5ACA0501

Nice to see a nativity.

Last edited:

King Albert and Queen Paola together with Princess Claire, Princess Louise, Prince Aymeric and Prince Nicolas attended a performance of the Carmen Opera at the Royal Opera of Wallonia in Liège this evening, January 26:

** Pic **

And here's a lovely group photo of King Albert, Queen Paola and Prince Nicolas with the cast members:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Last edited:

The family attended the annual mass celebrated in memory of the deceased members of the family at the Notre-Dame church in Laeken today, February 20:

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
It seems that Prince Laurent and Princess Claire were absent. Hardly surprising these days I suppose.
Nice to see Princess Esmeralda and Princess Lea on the front row though. And it seems that from Luxembourg there were Archduchess Marie Astrid, Archduke Carl-Christian, Prince Guillaume and his wife Princess Sibilla.

Last edited:
I am afraid she's doing it on purpose. It's not the first time...but it's an extremely childish behaviour. Anything she has against her brother, should be left at home.

It looks like she were blaming the fate that her brother has four children and for her offspring there is no chance to take the throne.

It looks like she were blaming the fate that her brother has four children and for her offspring there is no chance to take the throne.

Well, it has been almost 17 years (since Elisabeth's birth) that her family has lost any chance to get on that throne. I think it is about time to let that resentment go, if that's the case. If she has anything against her brother's choice of wife (which is something I often read on FB comments or things like that), I think Astrid - and the rest of the family - should consider the great support Mathilde has been for Philippe all over the years.

Btw it is good to see most of the family attending the Mass this year. Despite differences and bad relationships, respect for the family and those who are no longer with us should always come first.

The best place to see our Royals, everybod is working and the Church of Laeken is far away from the center of Brussels.

Last edited:
What is the dress code hat or no hat ??
My favorite are the Queen and Princess Esmeralda

What is the dress code hat or no hat ??
My favorite are the Queen and Princess Esmeralda

As many thing regarding the Belgian royal family, protocol and dress code aren't quite clear ... in the past royal ladies all wore hats, but in recent years, it has been rather a personal choice.

Prince Laurent absence was no real surprise and probably a blessing in disguise for his family at the Mass,nice to see Princesses Leah and Esmeralda-Marie with old king Albert and queen Paola.

Queen Paola and Princess Claire attended the award ceremony for the Queen Paola Award for Education 2017-2018 at the Royal Palace in Brussels today, May 30:

** belga gallery **

Nice to see Queen Paola and her daughter in law at the Queen Paola Award for Education today.

Great Pictures of happy grand parents. Will Claire be back fo July 21th ?
Queen Paola seems to have walkng problems. last year she was better.

Where are they on vacation?
Why was Prince Laurent not with them?

Nice to see King Albert, Queen Paola with Princess Claire and her children on holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom