Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing about this Event on RTBF news.
Only one sentence that Queen Paola's Operation was succesful.

The Dutch VTM Royalty on Sunday stopped for the succesful "Blind getrouwd".

The End also for magazine Royals in our two languages .

During Albert II Reign , the best place to see our Royals , giving flowers etc.. was on February 17th annual Mass for the deceased members of our Royal Family at the Church of laeken. Everbody knew that during this day the Belgians would see their King and Queen , their 3 Children and Queen Fabiola.

When Prince Alexandre passed away we saw Princesses Lea and Esmeralda.

This year we saw more Members of the RF of Luxembourg than from Belgium Main Branch.
There is no dress code but normally in Belgium for this Mass , dark color is the best.
Queen Fabiola had a special dress code , but so was our beloved late Queen.

As I said earlier, it is strange that the Argenteuil branch eems to be the most promminent members of the RF at this event - next to the king and queen. How times have changed.

Nice to see so many Luxembourg relatives there.

The Belgian RF usually takes quite a bit of time for a chat and a talk with the crowd.

Last edited:
Last year , the public was completely separated from the Royals because of the Events of Paris. There were Critics.
This year a School from Laeken ? was admitted when they came out of the Church and some happy few.

Last edited:
Quick question - which members of the Royal Family carry out official engagements?

Thanks

I had a quick glace at the Belgian RF site the following are all listed in the agenda section.

The King
The Queen
King Albert II
Queen Paola
Princess Astrid,The Archduchess of Austria-Este
Prince Lorenz ,The Archduke of Austria-Este
Prince Laurent
Princess Claire

:previous:

Thankfully yes! She must have arrived a little bit later!

When eya and I had posted the gallery links above she had not yet been included. Eya's gallery has been updated in the meantime, mine will maybe be updated later as well. Eya also added that information later on.

Great to see our Queen back, much better dressed than her daughter but looking frail.

Here are some photos of the International King Baudouin Award for Development in Africa shared by the Palace:

** fb gallery **

Coldplay Queen Paola??? I like it!!!!!

A nice event on June 29th to honour Queen's Paola 80th Birthday!! with ALL the members of the Royal Family !!!

"The Queen Paola Foundation , The Queen Elizabeth Foundation and Missing Children Europe Foundation together organize a celebration on the occasion of the 80th Anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Paola. This evening in the sign of music and friendship takes place on June 29th in the Music Chapel Queen Elisabeth in Waterloo.
Her Majesty Queen Paola will attend with King Albert . This in the presence of the full Royal Family: Their Majesty the King and the Queen and Their Children, Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz and Their Children and Granddaughter, Their Royal Highness Prince Laurent and Princess Claire and Their Children."

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/80ste-verjaardag-koningin-paola

Last edited by a moderator:
When was the last time that the entire family was present at an event? Was it Fabiola's funeral?

That's quite an event, the whole family together...though I won't believe it until I'll see it.

King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended a reception for all mayors of Belgian cities and municipalities at the Royal Castle of Laeken today, June 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Inauguration by the King and the Queen of the Exhibition of Charles , Count of Flanders King Albert I second Son..
I saw the Exibition . the Prince has been our Regent between 1945-1950 and did great work for Belgium until his Brother came back !
After he lived banned in Raversijde where he became a Painter and never saw his siblings and his Mother who always preferred Leopold to him.

I was told King Philippe was delighted about this Exhibition with Documents from the Royal Palace Archieves.
Our Royal palace is to visit for free until beginning September. Closed of Monday.

Last edited:

Within the framework of Europalia Indonesia 2017 the Vice-President of Indonesia Jusuf Kalla and his wife were received for an audience by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde today, October 10. Afterwards King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a dinner for their guests, also attended by Princess Astrid:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

In the afternoon they also visited the Europalia Indonesia exhibition:

** belga gallery **

Last edited:
To day important Auction of a belgian famous bookseller.

The item 442 was 3 albums containing 3245 pictures and postcards of our Royal Family from King Leopold III and Queen Astrid (1385) King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola ( 650) Prince Albert of Liege (10).

On TV and in newspaper they spoke about that. The seller is not a member of the Royal Family but probably a relative of the royal photograph.

The whole story of our royal family whose low estimation between 1500 and 1800 euros was sold only 2000 euros. Unknown buyer , no telephone calls and no bit in the Auction House.

Last edited:
Great , seems to have recover after 3 months holidays.

Yesterday I went in our Museées Royaux d' Art et d' Histoire MRAH in Brussels.
We have a new Found Jean Capart whose Président is HRH Princess Alexandra who was there too such as the Ambassador of Egypt in Belgium.
Jean Capart , our well know egyptologue went with Queen Elisabeth and Prince Leopold (Princess Esmeralda's Father) in Egypt the day after the discovery of Toutankhamon's Tomb.
They said the Queen was delighted but asked such a lot of questions disturbing the the Archeologues 's work. She did another visit and was adked not to come anymore!
We still have la Fondation Egyptologique Reine Elisabeh such as the world known Concours de Musique Reine Elisabeth.
Our greatest Queen !

Last edited:
Tomorrow evening King and the Queen offer the annual Christmas concert in the Palace in Brussels. Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Princess Claire, Prince Nicolas and Prince Aymeric also attend the concert.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/kerstconcert

And the final christmas preperations in the Palace for tomorrow

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=b282dd3119fdb1e77aaed0e7b4394379&oe=5AD3B162
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=35d5901c23ce474bac20254ae25b00b1&oe=5AB56370
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=7203ee68e359b748715b7e8ce52f4699&oe=5ACA0501

And Gallery from the Christmas Concert

Belga Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom