Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely make a negative comment regarding fashion, but Mathilde's ensemble appears to be made out of Christmas wrapping paper. Perhaps it was a craft to keep the kids busy before the holidays.;) Otherwise I'm happy to see the family at the annual concert.

the duchess of brabant is turning into a elegant beautiful young lady , her mother ensemble on the other hand is like tllk said it appears to be made out of Christmas wrapping paper.
princess astrid ensemble is more of a daytime look .

Princess Astrid is not happy at all to be there.
What a sad royal Christmas Gathering.

We all know the problems running within the family, but at least they should make an effort to look serene, especially at Christmas (yes, Astrid, I'm talking to you). This reflect badly on Philippe and his family as well. It doesn't matter how close and loving the king's family is, unfortunately people we'll always comment (and I'm quoting comments from all over the internet right now) on how they're phony because of Laurent's treatment and bla, bla, bla...
Elisabeth is really really a beautiful little woman!!!

The royal couple and family all look lovely. I love the soft curls in the young Duchess of Brabant's hair.

Princess Astrid unfortunately looks absolutely miserable and unhappy to be there. She wasn't even up for pretending to be happy. ?

I always see the christmas concert photos

The family is nice , I am surprised to see the face of the princess Astrid, she seems tired or ill but she is not very well here

Astrid looks positively in a snit. If she couldn't even pretend to be happy, or at least was sick, I am sure she could have stayed home. Lorenz at least seems happier.

The rest if the family, beyond the wrapping paper queen, look great. And happy :flowers:

Utterly ridiculous behaviour by Astrid. Obviously even her husband Lorenz seems to think it's all too silly for words and chose to stay with the family and not with his wife.
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:99496781:preview:watermark?v=585917e5&m=aofijffl
Quite bad when the youngsters behave a thousand times better than Astrid who gets a lavish payment to show up.

On top of that Albert and Paola who have spent just a few days in Belgium this year went to visit a museum in Liege today and called a tv team and photographers to make sure it's all well documented. It's a public slap in the face for their son just a few days before Christmas. Just as if they don't want him to succeed.

It shows the lacks of dedication and professionalism of Paola, Astrid etc.

While these differences have been existing for years, Philippe and Mathilde have never declined an invitation or made such a sorry state of themselves.

It shows the lacks of dedication and professionalism of Paola, Astrid etc.

While these differences have been existing for years, Philippe and Mathilde have never declined an invitation or made such a sorry state of themselves.

People are complaining that the King and the Queen are selfish and like the keep the spotlight only for themselves and their family. I think that, at this point, it is only for the better if they do it (to be honest, you can say many thing about Philippe and Mathilde, but I would never believe their selfish). His family has never proved to be supportive to him, in any occasion...they totally deserve to be left in a corner.

People are complaining that the King and the Queen are selfish and like the keep the spotlight only for themselves and their family. I think that, at this point, it is only for the better if they do it (to be honest, you can say many thing about Philippe and Mathilde, but I would never believe their selfish). His family has never proved to be supportive to him, in any occasion...they totally deserve to be left in a corner.
As a Belgian I can reassure you, I never hear or read in papers that they want the Spotlight for themselves or are selfish.. In papers Laurent becomes more and more criticized that's all.:eek:

As a Belgian I can reassure you, I never hear or read in papers that they want the Spotlight for themselves or are selfish.. In papers Laurent becomes more and more criticized that's all.:eek:

I've been reading comments on the Place Royale Facebook page and they are so negative towards Philippe (claiming the other royal families are warmer and more loving) ... I couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!:ohmy:

I dont' now if all the Windsors were happy to go to tke Queen's Christmas but nobody stay home even the ill Duchess of Kent.
In Denmark even Prince Henrik was there and smiling . The Two Princes were there with their family.
In Belgium , Mara is right King Albert II and Queen Paola were seen twice just now .
The King's Brother stayed home with his family and the King's Sister such a smiling Princess ,showed she had to attend and showed for the second time (Concert before the national Day) that she is not happy at all ! As RH by birth she should know "Never explain Never complain"

Last edited:
I'm quite disappointed on Astrid, she behaved like Laurent here! Even Lorenz was genial and stayed with the family, always smiling and stuff.

I think Philippe is probably counting the days until (at least) Elisabeth and Gabriel are old enough to take on engagements and he can "officially" sideline the rest of the adults in his family, who have given him nothing but headaches since he became king.

Thankfully he has a strong, caring and capable woman by his side, otherwise he'd been terribly miserable trying to juggle everything out.

I'm quite disappointed on Astrid, she behaved like Laurent here! Even Lorenz was genial and stayed with the family, always smiling and stuff.

I think Philippe is probably counting the days until (at least) Elisabeth and Gabriel are old enough to take on engagements and he can "officially" sideline the rest of the adults in his family, who have given him nothing but headaches since he became king.

Thankfully he has a strong, caring and capable woman by his side, otherwise he'd been terribly miserable trying to juggle everything out.

I agree 10000% with you!! Queen Mathilde is a true asset for the Belgian Royal Family!

Really really shameful from her part. I bet little Eleonore has had many occasions when she would have preferred to stay home since her father became king, but she never threw a tantrum in public like this...

Astrid seems to want to slam the door on her way out... Goodbye dear!:whistling:

On Place Royal Facebook plenty of messages against the attitude of the King and the Queen towards the rest of the royal Family who are worse and worse!
To me that is very sad because I really love Princess Astrid and Prinz Lorenz.

On Place Royal Facebook plenty of messages against the attitude of the King and the Queen towards the rest of the royal Family who are worse and worse!

I used to like the whole family, but now it seems there's like a feud between the Sovereign and the rest of the family. And if I had to pick a side, I would certainly be with Philippe and Mathilde. I don't understand how someone could really excuse Astrid's or Laurent's behaviour really.

Astrid has always seemed to get on well with the new king & Queen and has appeared at a number of events since the inauguration without playing one of Laurent's tricks so for now I'm willing to believe its just a bad photo or a bad day for Astrid rather than some sort of pointed act of rebellion a la Laurent. Is there any reason of late for Astrid to be unhappy?

Astrid looks positively in a snit. If she couldn't even pretend to be happy, or at least was sick, I am sure she could have stayed home. Lorenz at least seems happier.

The rest if the family, beyond the wrapping paper queen, look great. And happy :flowers:

I saw a clip of the event on german television today and was almost shocked to see how demonstrately bad Pcss Astrid looked:ohmy: - in normal circumstances you would call this "very unprofessional". I mean, why didn´t she let herself to be excused if she disapproved of something (I guess one can only speculate what this is about...?!) and stayed at home?

It´s a pity, I used to think about the Princess as a down to earth and hands-on woman who was proud serving her family and country.
I really wonder how the poor King and Queen coped with this embarrassing situation! And that at a christmas concert...

Last edited:

People are being very unfair towards the King and Queen, it's the rest of the family that is sabotaging their work, they honestly try their best and the others just throw tantrums or simply don't show up.

Lorenz is the only one I don't put under fire, he's always shown his best disposition towards the Crown as he should, a very nice man.

Why is Astrid unhappy? She always seems to have gotten on well with Philip and been something of the mediator in terms of being on good terms with both brothers and her parents, I don't follow the BRF that much so maybe I've been wrong.

I am surprised to see Princess Astrid showing annoyance in public. As far as I can judge, relations within the Belgian royal family are totally broken. It would be appropriate to cut Princess Astrid's and Prince Laurent's appearances to the bare minimum and review their dotations accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom