Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Laurent did not attend , bad memories of last year when his car was not at the place he wanted !

Laurent has been a bit sick, had to cancel a couple of acts this last week.

Thanks for explaining that leidi!

And indeed maria olivia, how could we forget the car incident ;).

Princess Esmeralda looked very elegant, as did her sister-in-law. Also queen Paola looked great with her modern glasses and her old hair style.

On the ppe photos there are two nieces of Q. Fabiola. Nice that they were able to attend.

Last edited:
I noticed that both Princesses Leah and Esmeralda had sketches of Baudouin and Fabiola and others as they left Mass.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

It was indeed nice to see Queen Fabiola's Spanish family represented at the family Mass.

Princess Esmeralda received a Sketch representing her Father and his 2 wifes .

Less people outside the Church ! I wanted to go but the Church of Laeken is far away from Brussels from the railway Stations.
Prince Leopold von und zu liechtenstein is burried there. King Baudouin was his Godfather. His parents ( Margaretha and Niklaus) did attend of course, it was their first born Child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that tomb with Fabiola in it now and her favorite picture of the two of them just has me almost sobbing.

I am happy I did not go yesterday.
A friend told me there was High Security and only people who came very early and with flowers could approch the Royal Family. The others were very dissapointed
Last Year it was not like that...

I am happy I did not go yesterday.
A friend told me there was High Security and only people who came very early and with flowers could approch the Royal Family. The others were very dissapointed
Last Year it was not like that...
Last year they didn't have to fear an assassination.

King Philippe as well as the politicians Bart de Wever and Jan Jambon received death threats by terroristic groups. These threats are viewed as very concrete and extremely frightening by the national security experts. The security for these three persons is drastically increased since then. And in addition to these alarming threats the Islamic State terrorists addressed a letter to Philippe and Bart de Wever and announced to carry out bomb attacks in Belgium. The remembrance service must have been a security nightmare for the police and I'm sure everyone who is involved is very sorry that all these measures have to be taken.

Fashion designer Edouard Vermeulen, Princess Lea, Princess Claire of Belgium, Prince Laurent of Belgium and Mvr Solvay pictured during a gala evening of the Prince Laurent Foundation, at Cercle Royal Gaulois, in Brussels, Thursday 26 February 2015.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP

The High Life of Belgium was there...
I am not very found about Prince Laurent evening dress-code.

Bss Marie Claude Solvay is the godmother of Pss Louise IIRC. Is there any particular reason why she is guest of honour?

Pss Lea looks elegant as usual btw.

Last edited:
Bss Marie Claude Solvay is the godmother of Pss Louise IIRC. Is there any particular reason why she is guest of honour?

I'd say she is more than a guest of honour. Mimi Solvay is very involved in Laurent's foundation. Lots of his fundraising events were held at her estate in Terhulpen and I guess many guests attend because of her.
Besides Mimi Solvay plays a major role in Laurent's life. Albert and Paola's children were placed in 'surrogate' families during their youth. It was Mimi Solvay who took care of Laurent. In fact he even lived at her place for some years and while Laurent doesn't even greet his parents in public these last years you will find his 'foster mom' Mimi Solvay accompanying him to official activities.

After the twins first Communion , it was Mrs Solvay who hosted the Reception.

She has a lot of money a huge castle, is sometimes guest of honor etc....

King Albert and Queen Paola attended a performance of Verdi's Rigoletto at the Opera Royal de Wallonie in Liege today, March 22. Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta attended as well.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Last edited:
Amedeo and Elisabetta live in Belgium? living in a palace of the royal family?

Lol no, unfortunately the Belgian royal family doesn't have an abundance of "palaces" to distribute among the relatives... ;)

Amedeo & Lili live in a private house (I mean one they bought) in Brussels.

Correct ! King Albert Ii is so proud of his first born Grandson

I do not know who just to ask that so i write here. I had read somewhere hear that the relations of the two Queens Paola and Mathilde not and best. If indeed true that the know why? Something happened between them?

Prince Laurent and Princess Lea attended the first edition of the Fun Rallye Fiat 500, a charity race in aid of the Justine for Kids foundation, today, October 4:

** belga gallery **

King Albert, Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended the mass at St Peter's square for the start of the Jubilee Year of Mercy. December 8, 2015

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this pictures. Glad to see our former King and Queen with Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz.

No Savoie or Bourbon Parme attendance ?

Last edited:
The King and the Queen invited King Albert II and Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire. They all refused to attend ! Sad !!

How do we know they refused to attend after being invited? I'm not being snarky, just curious if there have been reports about it?

The King and the Queen invited King Albert II and Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire. They all refused to attend ! Sad !!

Today is Prince /Archduke Lorenz's 60th birthday so perhaps he and Princess/Archduchess Astrid had other plans but such a pity none of the rest of the Royal family were in attendance.

I also think that it is a pity that none of the other members of the Royal Family attended, as they usually did in the past; on the other hand, IMO it is very nice and somehow refreshing and invigorating to see this new, united, young and happy Royal Family.

Queen Fabiola attended almost every year except when frailty and ill health got in the way,it was nice to see the Royal children present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom