Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Albert II and Queen Paola did not attend ! Sad !

It's sad, but I've got to say that I thought King Albert looked very frail at Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Beautiful pictures. I love the dresses of Élisabeth and Eléonore.

Gabriel still looks so sad. I don't think it is going to be a happy Christmas for him.

It's sad, but I've got to say that I thought King Albert looked very frail at Queen Fabiola's funeral.
I agree. He had also a minor surgary a few weeks ago, I don't think he's in a good health.

Gabriel still looks so sad. I don't think it is going to be a happy Christmas for him.

Poor Gaby, breaks my heart. I feel like Eleonore is pretty annoyed by all those pictures. During the funeral of Q.Fabiola she was also annoyed. Poor little girl is only six, and a concert is long when you're her age :ermm:

Queen Paola and Princess Astrid attended another Christmas Concert at Flagey (see Noblesse et Royautés). Princess Astrid was dressed in gold ....

Princess Astrid went to both Concerts , Queen Paola not .

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the whole family there.
Eleonore looks a little upset, but it's understandable.
Sad that King Albert II and Queen Paola didn´t attend.

I love the Belgian children. They are to me the true example of royal children. Lovely, all four of them.

I often wonder if it is because they are royal and aristocratic blood going back centuries on both sides that gives them such unfailing poise and decorum. It is just IN the DNA :)

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2675593.html
Royal Christmas in Belgium | Blogs•Spletnik.ru

It is unfortunate that King Albert, Queen Paola, Prince Laurent, and Archduke Lorenz were unable to attend the event.

Princess Astrid looked nice.
I often wonder if it is because they are royal and aristocratic blood going back centuries on both sides that gives them such unfailing poise and decorum. It is just IN the DNA :)

As they say, what is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh.

Last edited:
It was nice to see them all at a joyous occasion such as the Christmas Concert at the Palace given the past week and funeral of Queen Fabiola.

Queen Paola was absent?

It's just because they are Belgians, duh ;)
I think they are not always very royal. On pictures and official events, yes, but otherwise they are just normal kids. How many times did Eleonore let her shoe fall during the funeral of Q. Fabiola? :p

Did King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attented the Christmas Concert with their 4 Children because They should be only Four (King, Queen, Princesses Astrid and Claire)

Christmas Concert at the Royal Palace
The Royal Family attended the traditional Christmas Concert at the Royal Palace on December 17th, 2014

See pictures here

and at Paris Match

They all looked beautiful!

The annual Christmas concert was one of Queen Fabiola's favorite events. With the exception of the last year of her life, she never missed it.

What a beautiful family Philippe and Mathilde and their children make!:p

Last edited:
This year the concert was in Queen Fabiola's honour. Both Philippe and Mathilde are still in mourning and wearing black.

Gabriel is certainly a very handsome boy, he looks very much like his Mother. My heart went out to him at Queen Fabiola's funeral when he was so distressed.

On another note, whatever was Claire thinking when combining that necklace with the top she was wearing. Yikes!!!! It looks like a lovely necklace but it's awful with the neckline of that top.

Gabriel is certainly a very handsome boy, he looks very much like his Mother. My heart went out to him at Queen Fabiola's funeral when he was so distressed.

I agree! He is very handsome and resembles Queen Mathilde very much! He'll be a heart breaker. He also seems to possess a very sweet personality (they all do actually) and his sensitiveness really showed at Queen Fabiola's funeral. I can only imagine how much sadness and pressure he must have felt and how hard it must have been for all of them to maintain a certain restraint given that cameras were there. :sad:

This year the concert was in Queen Fabiola's honour. Both Philippe and Mathilde are still in mourning and wearing black.

I must comment that Mathilde has a very elegant mourning wardrobe.

The black dress she wore to lunch with the EU president the day after QF's funeral was simply divine. How long is the period of Court mourning for? Is it for 30 days after the death, or 30 days after funeral.

I loved the way Élisabeth was smiling for the cameras, it was like she knew exactly what they wanted and she gave it to them in the best possible way.

I hope and pray that it doesn't happen for many, many years but I think Princess Elisabeth is going to be a magnificent queen of the Belgians some day.

Her upbringing and education has been impeccable, and her parents must be bursting with pride. She is a real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.:)

I hope and pray that it doesn't happen for many, many years but I think Princess Elisabeth is going to be a magnificent queen of the Belgians some day.

Her upbringing and education has been impeccable, and her parents must be bursting with pride. She is a real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.:)
I think so too. She seems very confident and comfortable at the same time. Philippe and Mathilde are great parents, all the kids seem to be very sweet and well behaved..

Link to the complete christmas concert
Place Royale - RTL TVI

This year they had a childrens choir and a young violinist performing. It's my impression that they opted for a more family oriented concept right from the start - young musicians on the stage and young listeners in the audience. So the presence of Elisabeth and her siblings is no afterthought imo.
Paola's lady in waiting was seated in the second row, next to Philippe's staff. Too bad she couldn’t convince Albert and Paola to attend as well.

I didn't want to be the one who brings this but when was the last time we saw Laurent and Claire together in public?

It's either one or the other and they used to go together everywhere.

I'm not saying they are having marital problems or anything, I just find it strange since we see Astrid and Lorenz together most of the time.

Last edited:
Prince Laurent did not attend , bad memories of last year when his car was not at the place he wanted !

I saw Queen Fabiola's close family.
The Lady who was singing the Salve Rociera is just behind the Kings on the second row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom