Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events Part 8 (July 2013 - Dec 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Queen Fabiola either judging from the photo's,was Princess Astrid present?

It is unusual to see such streamlined version of the Belgian Royal family. I guess we have to get used to it.
Prince Laurent's jacket appears to be too small for him.

New Year's reception number 4! King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received the country's authorities today, January 29.

Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent were present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

** gettyimages ** gettyimages 2 ** apa/picturedesk ** facetoface **

** semana.es gallery: Matilde y Felipe de Bélgica, Primera Recepción del Año como reyes **

** pp gallery: Roi Philippe de Belgique : En famille pour son grand oral devant les autorités **

Here's the speech King Philippe has given:

** monarchie.be: Discours de Sa Majesté le Roi aux Autorités du pays - 2014 ** translation **

Last edited:

Queen Paola and Queen Mathilde visited Child Focus in Brussels today, January 31, and attended a ceremony as Queen Mathilde succeeds as honorary President of Child Focus to Queen Paola. Child Focus is the foundation for missing and sexual exploited children.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** facetoface ** gettyimages **

** apa/picturedesk gallery ** hln.be video: Mathilde volgt Paola op bij Child Focus **

** rtl.be video: Paola a cédé sa place de présidente d'honneur de Child Focus à Mathilde **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde is of course smiling to Queen Paola , she is a very kind Lady.
But no reaction from Queen Paola. it is not the first time ! (see video)

No warm contact between the 2 Queens !

Oh I don't want to sound mean but it seems to me, they never had the warmest relationship, at least in comparison with the one Queen Paola has with the other daughter in law. as if there was a sort of rivarly between the two ladies.
But at the same time, I'm well aware that what we see of them it's just a surface, and we don't know a thing about them.
So I won't judge.

Another pic from the account Twitter of the "Child Focus" foundation:

#Koningin #Paola was 12 jaar erevoorzitster van Child Focus. Vandaag 31/01 volgt Hare #Majesteit de Koningin op. pic.twitter.com/xaMtWzsFZL

I think Queen Paola's hair is ABSOLUTELY fabulous............. Why paint it all those years, the chemicals are so bad for you.
I did the same with my hair 3 years ago and have never looked back, and I am much younger, it is liberating to do...!!!!
I think this snow white hair does not necessarily age you, with good make-up you can look stunning.... Well done Paola!

Yes it will be jointly inaugurated by The President of India and the King of Belgium.

Moreover, this is a sort of returning the State Visit to India made by King Albert and Queen Paola last year.

Thanks, maria-olivia. Can we have some video links.. I didnt get them yet..

What a nice way out..neither Dutch and French. Thank us Indians:flowers:
Indeed!:lol:And I liked how the King made reference to India's 22 official languages and how the country works despite linguistic differences: surely a model to be studied closely by the linguistically challenged Kingdom of the Belgians:flowers:

On January 31 King Philippe and Princess Astrid attended the New Year's reception of the Agency for Foreign Trade at its premises in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think Queen Paola's hair is ABSOLUTELY fabulous............. Why paint it all those years, the chemicals are so bad for you.
I did the same with my hair 3 years ago and have never looked back, and I am much younger, it is liberating to do...!!!!
I think this snow white hair does not necessarily age you, with good make-up you can look stunning.... Well done Paola!

I also think, she is looking much younger and "hipper" :flowers:.... just curious to see, how she is looking with a tiara.
BYe Bine

On January 31 King Philippe and Princess Astrid attended the New Year's reception of the Agency for Foreign Trade at its premises in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Great pictures, but that man seems to have managed to get into every one!

Great pictures, but that man seems to have managed to get into every one!

In this particular case rather my fault than his ;) I've chosen these pics out of a larger collection and that not because of him :D but because of lovely Astrid.

Today, February 5, King Philippe, Queen Mathilde, King Albert, Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended an academic session in Brussels organized by the Belgian Red Cross on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

Last edited:
Already Iceflower , great thanks.
Desperately No Queen Fabiola.
I was happy to have shake her hand on July 31th 2013

Prince Laurent was looking rather jolly outside the church! Was Princess Claire present at the Mass?

No she should have sit next to Prince Lauent o the first row.
I suppose Princess lea and her family were sitting on the second row.
I did not see Princess Maria Esmeralda and thought seeing Princess Marie Christine now we have a new King.

Now that Claire is staying away from important official events she should reveal why and I consider staying away because they have to pay taxes now no valid reason at all. If this is her reason then she should reconsider her behaviour, because it will backfire.
Astrid and Lorenz are missing also, Astrid is sick and Lorenz had other obligations they said.
Princess Lea was there with her children and her son-in-law, Princess Esmeralda attended with her complete family and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein was there too.

Now that Claire is staying away from important official events she should reveal why and I consider staying away because they have to pay taxes now no valid reason at all. If this is her reason then she should reconsider her behaviour, because it will backfire.
Astrid and Lorenz are missing also, Astrid is sick and Lorenz had other obligations they said.
Princess Lea was there with her children and her son-in-law, Princess Esmeralda attended with her complete family and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein was there too.
What does Princess Claire's absence have to do with taxes? Is it possible she had other engagements?

:previous:
The press said that her staying away was a protest that the couple needs to pay tax over their dotation. As they end up with less money, Princess Claire stays home. This however has been denied by the couple but nothing Laurent does surprises us anymore these days of course.

------

Apparently Princess Astrid was ill and her husband Lorenz is in Switzerland for his work.

If Pss Marie Christine would be there, I am sure that the press would have written about it. It would be quite something.

And Laurent... what has he done this time? ... getting angry as his car was blocked, see clip of HLN:

Prins Laurent maakt zich flink kwaad - HLN.be

Last edited:
:previous:
The press said that her staying away was a protest that the couple needs to pay tax over their dotation. As they end up with less money, Princess Claire stays home. This however has been denied by the couple but nothing Laurent does surprises us anymore these days of course. ... [snipped]
Thanks for the explanation!:flowers:
If true, the reason for not attending the Mass is pathetic. Furthermore, it is an annual commemoration service for the family members that passed away. It is a more personal event than an official one.
It has been agreed that royal donations are subject to taxation. Protesting in this case achieves absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom