Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas Concert begins, first pictures

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Nn13jWgAAn_-B.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Nuai1XUAA9Xaf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Nuai3WQAA8M0O.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0Nuai2WQAEqwCj.jpg

Queen Mathilde dazzles in gold for Christmas concert at the Brussels palace | Daily Mail Online

Video from the concert

deredactie.be video: Het journaal 7 - 21/12/16

Old 12-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I rarely make a negative comment regarding fashion, but Mathilde's ensemble appears to be made out of Christmas wrapping paper. Perhaps it was a craft to keep the kids busy before the holidays. Otherwise I'm happy to see the family at the annual concert.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Courtier

the duchess of brabant is turning into a elegant beautiful young lady , her mother ensemble on the other hand is like tllk said it appears to be made out of Christmas wrapping paper.
princess astrid ensemble is more of a daytime look .
Old 12-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Majesty

Princess Astrid is not happy at all to be there.
What a sad royal Christmas Gathering.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Courtier

We all know the problems running within the family, but at least they should make an effort to look serene, especially at Christmas (yes, Astrid, I'm talking to you). This reflect badly on Philippe and his family as well. It doesn't matter how close and loving the king's family is, unfortunately people we'll always comment (and I'm quoting comments from all over the internet right now) on how they're phony because of Laurent's treatment and bla, bla, bla...
Elisabeth is really really a beautiful little woman!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone has better pictures?
Old 12-21-2016, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Not yet better ones but more:

** belga gallery **
Old 12-21-2016, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royal couple and family all look lovely. I love the soft curls in the young Duchess of Brabant's hair.

Princess Astrid unfortunately looks absolutely miserable and unhappy to be there. She wasn't even up for pretending to be happy. 😑
Old 12-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I always see the christmas concert photos

The family is nice , I am surprised to see the face of the princess Astrid, she seems tired or ill but she is not very well here
Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Astrid looks positively in a snit. If she couldn't even pretend to be happy, or at least was sick, I am sure she could have stayed home. Lorenz at least seems happier.

The rest if the family, beyond the wrapping paper queen, look great. And happy
Old 12-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Utterly ridiculous behaviour by Astrid. Obviously even her husband Lorenz seems to think it's all too silly for words and chose to stay with the family and not with his wife.
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:9...7e5&m=aofijffl
Quite bad when the youngsters behave a thousand times better than Astrid who gets a lavish payment to show up.

On top of that Albert and Paola who have spent just a few days in Belgium this year went to visit a museum in Liege today and called a tv team and photographers to make sure it's all well documented. It's a public slap in the face for their son just a few days before Christmas. Just as if they don't want him to succeed.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

It shows the lacks of dedication and professionalism of Paola, Astrid etc.

While these differences have been existing for years, Philippe and Mathilde have never declined an invitation or made such a sorry state of themselves.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
It shows the lacks of dedication and professionalism of Paola, Astrid etc.

While these differences have been existing for years, Philippe and Mathilde have never declined an invitation or made such a sorry state of themselves.
People are complaining that the King and the Queen are selfish and like the keep the spotlight only for themselves and their family. I think that, at this point, it is only for the better if they do it (to be honest, you can say many thing about Philippe and Mathilde, but I would never believe their selfish). His family has never proved to be supportive to him, in any occasion...they totally deserve to be left in a corner.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
People are complaining that the King and the Queen are selfish and like the keep the spotlight only for themselves and their family. I think that, at this point, it is only for the better if they do it (to be honest, you can say many thing about Philippe and Mathilde, but I would never believe their selfish). His family has never proved to be supportive to him, in any occasion...they totally deserve to be left in a corner.
As a Belgian I can reassure you, I never hear or read in papers that they want the Spotlight for themselves or are selfish.. In papers Laurent becomes more and more criticized that's all.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
As a Belgian I can reassure you, I never hear or read in papers that they want the Spotlight for themselves or are selfish.. In papers Laurent becomes more and more criticized that's all.
I've been reading comments on the Place Royale Facebook page and they are so negative towards Philippe (claiming the other royal families are warmer and more loving) ... I couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Majesty

I dont' now if all the Windsors were happy to go to tke Queen's Christmas but nobody stay home even the ill Duchess of Kent.
In Denmark even Prince Henrik was there and smiling . The Two Princes were there with their family.
In Belgium , Mara is right King Albert II and Queen Paola were seen twice just now .
The King's Brother stayed home with his family and the King's Sister such a smiling Princess ,showed she had to attend and showed for the second time (Concert before the national Day) that she is not happy at all ! As RH by birth she should know "Never explain Never complain"
Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some additional photos from the Christmas Concert

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 12-22-2016, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Here are two great galleries from yesterday:

** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Belgian Royal Family Attends Christmas Concert At Royal Palace In Brussels **
Old 12-22-2016, 02:43 AM
Courtier

I'm quite disappointed on Astrid, she behaved like Laurent here! Even Lorenz was genial and stayed with the family, always smiling and stuff.

I think Philippe is probably counting the days until (at least) Elisabeth and Gabriel are old enough to take on engagements and he can "officially" sideline the rest of the adults in his family, who have given him nothing but headaches since he became king.

Thankfully he has a strong, caring and capable woman by his side, otherwise he'd been terribly miserable trying to juggle everything out.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
I'm quite disappointed on Astrid, she behaved like Laurent here! Even Lorenz was genial and stayed with the family, always smiling and stuff.

I think Philippe is probably counting the days until (at least) Elisabeth and Gabriel are old enough to take on engagements and he can "officially" sideline the rest of the adults in his family, who have given him nothing but headaches since he became king.

Thankfully he has a strong, caring and capable woman by his side, otherwise he'd been terribly miserable trying to juggle everything out.
I agree 10000% with you!! Queen Mathilde is a true asset for the Belgian Royal Family!

Closed Thread

Tags
archduke lorenz, king albert ii, king philippe, prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, prince laurent, princess astrid of belgium, princess claire, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth, princess esmeralda, princess lea, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola