Queen Fabiola Speaks Out: 'I Had 5 Miscarriages'

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just read this thread for the first time. I am so amazed by Queen Fabiola. She must be one of the strongest women to have ever lived. I don't know if I could get over one miscarriage, let alone five. Despite all of that heartbreak, it sounds like she has remained a sweet and loving person. She is truly amazing and special.

I think it is really a pity that Queen Fabiola did not have children,because she is an excellent person to educate children.

Fabiola the Queen Dowager; Paola (be someday) the Queen Mother; Mathilde the Queen of the Belgians.

Of course all depend of humans life.

Btw. it wouldn't be like it was in UK when we had Queens Mary the Queen Mother (known as Queen Mary), Elizabeth the Queen Mother and Elizabeth II.
When Elizabeth II became Queen, her mother became HM the Queen Mother and her grandmother became HM Queen Mary. Which was the style of Queen Elisabeth of Belgium when Baudouin became King and Fabiola HM the Queen of the Belgians? Was she styled as HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium or HM the Dowager Queen or something similar?

When Elizabeth II became Queen, her mother became HM the Queen Mother and her grandmother became HM Queen Mary. Which was the style of Queen Elisabeth of Belgium when Baudouin became King and Fabiola HM the Queen of the Belgians? Was she styled as HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium or HM the Dowager Queen or something similar?

During the reigning of her son, she was styled the Her Majesty The Queen Mother, and then, with his abdication, she became HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium. King Leolpold III has styled HM King Leolpold III.

So, I think when Philippe will become king Mathilde will become HM the Queen (of the Belgians), Paola HM the Queen Mother and Fabiola HM Queen Fabiola. I think her style will not change.

Yes. If Albert II die tomorrow, there will be three queens in Belgium. HM The Queen (Mathilde), HM The Queen Mother (Paola) and HM Queen Fabiola.

However, I think Queen Fabiola won't take long. =(

In England they had Queen Mary , Queen Elisabeth and Queen Elisabeth II.

Thanks for the Queen of the Belgians and not the Queen of Belgium..

I heard that Queen Fabiloa of the Beligans had a miscarriage but founding out she had 5.That is just how she could not have children but she is a strong woman and nice.She has real courage and grace with unshakeable faith plus love.

The title "Queen Mother" doesn't exist. If Philippe becames king, Paola will be styled HM Queen Paola just like Queen Fabiola, even being the mother of the reigning king.

could somebody post that picture of her when you could see a little bump

Lillibeth are you referring to the photo taken in June 1961 when the Royal couple had an audience with Pope John XIII? That photo is listed here in the "Baudouin and Fabiola" pictures thread.

There is another one where the couple is with Queen Beatrix and Fabiola has a red coat on and looks very definitely pregnant. Her face is even more full than usual. The photo was taken around 1965-66.

It was always in the beginning of her pregnancies, we never saw.
King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola were on official visit to France and her evening dress from Balenciage came to late. General de Gaulle, the then President of France, had to wait 45 minutes until the arrival of the Belgian royals . A few days later Fabiola had a miscarriage .

How sad that she had so many miscarriages. It must've been so traumatic for her especially given her position.

Well, i find these ones in the pictures thread, i think the first one is when they visited queen beatrix, the red coat looks really suspicious, and the others i think they're from the vatican visit in 1961, please correct me if i am wrong:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=196560&d=1126428135
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55334&d=1100109662
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64029&d=1102757844
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55224&d=1100078024

lilibeth77 THANK YOU! Yes, these are the photos I saw where HM looked radiant and in the early stages of pregnancy.

How sad it is to look at these pictures from a distance and think of how hopeful and prayerful they must have been each time, only to have it end in disaster.

Only God knows the reason....

Also maria-olivia you are right about the French State visit of 1961. The queen became seriously ill and DeGaulle even sent his personal physician to try and assist her. She was flown back to Brussels and suffered a miscarriage on June 23, 1961, which was only about 3 weeks after the official announcement had been.

Thanks, lilibeth. That sort of thing could easily destroy so many marriages, yet they had such a beautiful love story in spite of all five of those tragedies.

I love the way he's looking at her, especially in the first picture.

I always felt sorry for Fabiola - she and Baudouin were such an adorable, loving couple. They would have been fantastic parents IMO :ermm: I have great respect for Queen Fabiola.

Fabiola and Baudouin are one of my favourite couples: theirs was a true love story that was able to overcome all difficulties and obstacles.
It only shows just how strong their love was, if it was able to get them through traumatic loss of 5 unborn children.

Queen Fabiola a remarkable woman in every way, not least because of her incredible bravery.

I always felt sorry for Fabiola - she and Baudouin were such an adorable, loving couple. They would have been fantastic parents IMO :ermm: I have great respect for Queen Fabiola.

Your English is quite perfect!:flowers: I agree with you, they would have been ideal as parents.

Your English is quite perfect!:flowers: I agree with you, they would have been ideal as parents.

Thanks so much, I try my best :flowers: Well, after all it was great to see that their love endured all this difficult times. And as I read, Queen Fabiola did a lot of charity work for children.

I was very sad thah they could not have chidren , because they were a such loving couple

Yes,it is a pity,because they would have brought up her children with great catholic values,as they had:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom