Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, 2008-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire were welcomed Monseigneur , Madame.
Yesterday for the Queen and Princess Eleonore : Majesté , Son Altesse Royale

What a great Week , every evening 2 finalist Cello players !
On Wednesday evening we heard Hayoung Choi from Corea. She played a Concerto of Lutolawski nobody played before . Due to te first standing Ovation of the Public and the enthousiast critics we hoped for her the first Price and she got it.
On Thursday whe had the Ukranian player Shadrin. He had to say to the Jury he wanted to play Prokofiev before the war started in his Country . He played it so well that he got the 4th price and tears of an old member of the Jury during his congratulations . he is Resident Member of our Chapelle Reine Elisabeth
Yesterday last day Yibai Chen from China.20 years old He played so well the Concerto n°1 of Chostakovitch , he received the second Prince. In his interview before he played he said that they all had to give their cell phone when they enterred the Chapel for one Week. The first he said he will do is to telephone to his parents. His Country is devasted by Covid.
The Jury decided years ago to nominate the 6 first prices and then the other 6 by alphabetic order to avoid the shame of the last Price. Among them the Belgian Stephanie Huang also Resident at the Chapel.
A great Week for a Musik Instrument which is less popular than violine and piano and a successful Week for the World known Competition .
I am sure some members of the board are Music lovers .

Last edited:
The Queen Elisabeth Competition 2023 takes place from today, May 21, to June 3 and is this year dedicated to the voice.

Queen Mathilde attended the first session today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Mathilde has hosted the traditional lunch for the jury members today, June 1:

** Pic **

And in the evening she attended the start of the finals:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:I know it's off topic, but I can't resist. Besides the fact that I think the photo of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz is a nice photo of the princely couple, I noticed a few things that make it an extra nice photo i.m.o.
The shadow of the bunch of flowers that Astrid has placed on the edge of the box resembles a small creature that extends a little hand / paw to Princess Astrid and she almost seems to be looking at it. You can just see someone's hand on the right side of the photo. What I find most interesting, however, is that although there are two people in the picture in the flesh, there are three shadows of people on the back wall. Where was that person? :lol:
But, with Queen Paola and King Albert conferring diplomas in the Queen Elisabeth Chapel, Princess Eleonor, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and of course Queen Mathilde present at the competition Queen Elisabeth of Belgium can be proud of her descendants and her legacy.:flowers:

Prince Laurent privately attended a concert of the laureates of this year's Queen Elisabeth Music Competition for Voice on June 8:

** rex gallery **

Back
Top Bottom