Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, 2008-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Mathilde at the Queen Elisabeth Competition this evening, May 27:

** Photos **

The level of the Competition this year is very high but difficult for the Player and the
orchestra !

Jonathan Fournel , France , the only European played Brahms 2 with such a brio.
The first price of the Queen Elisabeth Competition will be a great great start for his Career.
She smiled when he finished playing the Concerto 2 of Brahms...
He received also le Prix du Public.
The second Price is a Russian and the third price is a Japanese
They will play to gether.

All my respect for the Orchestra and their Chef who wore masks .
All my Respect for the Jury all over the World who travelled to belgium.

Majesteit , Majesté Mathilde received special thanks from the President of the Jury.
Queen Fabiola was Mevrouw, Madame.

The Competitiion Queen Elisabeth is not only what the Queen is wearing ...

Last edited:
On the occasion of a masterclass with Miguel da Silva, José van Dam and Sophie Koch, Queen Paola and King Albert visited the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel on May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Queen Elisabeth Music Competition Cello 2022 has started today, May 9.

Queen Mathilde attended this afternoon:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
There is something about Queen Mathilde that to me is so endearing. Her demeanor seems so kind and sincere. Lovely lady. JMO

Yesterday, May 20, Queen Mathilde invited four young cellists to play at the greenhouses of Laeken and gave a lovely interview about the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, her own love for music and the importance of musical education.

"Music can evoke a lot of emotions. It can bring comfort, make you happy. I think that's very beautiful. Music can also express what the words cannot say. Music has an important place in my life"

About musical education: "..music also teaches you discipline, structure, perseverance. Those characteristics are also very important for other subjects. But young people also have a lot of fun playing music together":

** vrt.be article with video: BEKIJK - Vier jonge cellisten spelen Metallica voor koningin Mathilde ** translation **

Today, May 21, Queen Mathilde attended the last half final of the competition:

** instagram gallery ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** modekoninginmathilde post **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde and King Philippe attended the first final this evening:

** rex gallery **

And photos shared by the Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Nice to see the two brothers together. And it is not Laurent who is using the phone this time ;).

Queen Mathilde for the second evening had a Guest . Could it ne her Friend the Duchess Marie of Wurtenberg ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see the (lack of ) interaction between the brothers Philippe and Laurent in these photos. Do I detect a family relations disturbance issue here?

In the pre-covid years we often saw Archduchess Anna-Gabriele at the event but I have not seen photos of her this year.

Queen Mathilde for the second evening had a Guest . Could it ne her Friend the Duchess Marie of Wurtenberg ?

The Princess Amaury of Merode, according to the RTBF journalist

An old picture of her

https://web.static-rmg.be/if/c_crop...20,h_567/e7cb225bf19cc624322de0634dbfa904.jpg

It sounds as if the queen has a tendency to socialize with the nobility. If I remember correctly, that is also the case for the king. I wonder if that also applies to their children.

Queen Mathilde and Princess Eléonore attended the fourth final this evening, June 2. Nice to see!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** (Thanks for Queen Mathilde Blog!)

Nice to see the princess, she is slowly passing the child stage. As each year it is wonderful that the Queen is taking her children to this competition and that she introduces them to classical music ánd to public duties in this way.

Last edited:
The competion is not what the Queen is wearing !
This Evening we heard the Ukrainian Olessly Shadrin , he is with the belgian Stephanie Huang Member Resident of the Chapel Reine Ellsabeth. So I cross my Fingers...

A lovely surprise: Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attended a final this evening, June 3!

** Pic ** (Thanks to ModekoninginMathilde!)

Back
Top Bottom