The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2017, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Wow, Elisabeth is wearing heels?
WHERE DID TIME GO? SHE WAS BUT A TINY WAFFLETTE LIKE YESTERDAY!
Let's hug each other in this sad moment...

Old 06-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Wow, Elisabeth is wearing heels?
WHERE DID TIME GO? SHE WAS BUT A TINY WAFFLETTE LIKE YESTERDAY!
THe shoes are OK, but Elisabeth doesn't look good on that dress.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I saw on TV the Finale.
Before the Proclamation of the Results Queen Mathilde received a Standing Ovation for what she is did for the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition. Queen Fabiola had it also !
Warm moments between Mathilde and Elisabeth!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's great to see Elisabeth again! She has blossomed into a beautiful young lady. I think she resembles her mother around the face quite a lot. I get the feeling that she'll be a great queen one day.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but what was or is the day that the Duchess of Gloucester is due to attend the competition?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-05-2017, 02:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It's great to see Elisabeth again! She has blossomed into a beautiful young lady. I think she resembles her mother around the face quite a lot. I get the feeling that she'll be a great queen one day.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but what was or is the day that the Duchess of Gloucester is due to attend the competition?
It was on May 31st, the 3rd final session
Old 06-05-2017, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:

As Marchesina already stated she attended last week, you can find a photo on the previous page of this thread, see here
Old 06-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Mathilde at the award ceremony for the laureates of the Queen Elisabeth Cello Competition 2017 at the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition, in Waterloo

Belga Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ple-dress.html
Old 06-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
It was on May 31st, the 3rd final session
Thank you, Marchesina. I guess the event that Elisabeth were at was an extra event.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you, Marchesina. I guess the event that Elisabeth were at was an extra event.
The Queen Elisabeth Music Competition lasts several weeks, from the first selection to the 12 finals, the award ceremony and the laureate concerts afterwards.

You can keep track of the whole thing here: Queen Mathilde: QEC
Old 06-10-2017, 04:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It was another day but still part of the final session. Each of the 12 finalists has to perform a new piece (specifically composed for the event by a contemporary composer) and a repertory piece. Therefore the final is "split" into 6 days. In the last day of the final, the winners are announced. Princess Elisabeth attended the last day of finals with her mother.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Seeing the photos from this year's award ceremony just now, I am a bit disappointed by the lack of press coverage compared to previous years. We used to have more agencies covering the event, but maybe judging from the lack of coverage at several finals it's a trend..

** fb gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 06-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
The Queen Elisabeth Music Competition lasts several weeks, from the first selection to the 12 finals, the award ceremony and the laureate concerts afterwards.

You can keep track of the whole thing here: Queen Mathilde: QEC
Quote:
It was another day but still part of the final session. Each of the 12 finalists has to perform a new piece (specifically composed for the event by a contemporary composer) and a repertory piece. Therefore the final is "split" into 6 days. In the last day of the final, the winners are announced. Princess Elisabeth attended the last day of finals with her mother.

Thank you both for clearing that confusion up.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Seeing the photos from this year's award ceremony just now, I am a bit disappointed by the lack of press coverage compared to previous years. We used to have more agencies covering the event, but maybe judging from the lack of coverage at several finals it's a trend..

I was just thinking that the photos were scarce this year,there was defiantly more coverage a few years back when queen Fabiola was alive and attending.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps this goes for photo agencies.

All the concerts were broadcast live on Belgian tv and online, the competition is very much alive in Belgium, and around the world for all those who are interested in classical music. It certainly hasn't lost its importance.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I thought the same thing, especially for the "central" days of the competition. No photo agency coverage for P.Astrid and P.Laurent attendance. Even when Queen Mathilde attended, only the opening day and the final day had plenty of pictures. No pictures of Prince Gabriel, nor of the foreign royal guests, except from a single picture provided by the Royal Palace. From outside Belgium I perceived the musical competition as being still strong among audience, even outside the country. I can understand, though, that the audience might be more interested in the music rather than the royals.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
Perhaps this goes for photo agencies.

All the concerts were broadcast live on Belgian tv and online, the competition is very much alive in Belgium, and around the world for all those who are interested in classical music. It certainly hasn't lost its importance.
That's good to know, thanks for sharing your impression and insight!

Quote:
I can understand, though, that the audience might be more interested in the music rather than the royals.
That's also a good point. I haven't seen any TV coverage here at all, but after all the music, participants and laureates should occupy centre stage. And that most certainly is what the members of the Royal Family, who attended, think as well.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's good to know, thanks for sharing your impression and insight!

That's also a good point. I haven't seen any TV coverage here at all, but after all the music, participants and laureates should occupy centre stage. And that most certainly is what the members of the Royal Family, who attended, think as well.
During the final evening Queen Mathilde received a standing ovation from the jury and the audience as a thank you to her constant presence and support during the various phases of the competition, and the tv commentators never failed to mention the royal family (they even talked about the royal children being somewhat musicians themselves).
Old 06-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

" I can understand, though, that the audience might be more interested in the music rather than the royals."

Of course! Mathilde's an ambassador for the competition, but it's all about the music. I don't think anyone watches these concerts if they're not classical music lovers...
Old 06-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Phillip and Queen Mathilde at the closing concert for Queen Elizabeth music competition tonight

Belga Image
Old 06-16-2017, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Some more pics of the closing concert can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery ** fb gallery **

Tags
belgian royal family, music, music competition, queen elisabeth, queen elisabeth music competition