Queen Astrid of the Belgians passed away 75 years ago

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maria-olivia

Majesty
City
Brussels
Country
Belgium
Queen Astrid died on August 29th 1935 in a terrible car-crash. She was only 30 years old.
King Albert II, her only survival child will attend the celebrations at Küssnacht .
I suppose members of the Luxembourg , Swedish and Norvegian RF will attend the celebrations also.

Queen Astrid died on August 29th 1935 in a terrible car-crash. She was only 30 years old.
King Albert II, her only survival child will attend the celebrations at Küssnacht .
I suppose members of the Luxembourg , Swedish and Norvegian RF will attend the celebrations also.

I would characterize the service as a "memorial" not a celebration of her death.

Suztav , thanks to have corrected , in french we say "célébation"..

So will the memorial be on the 29th? Is it not on the Calender?

Today, August 28, King Albert attended a mass in homage to his mother
Queen Astrid (1905-1935) who died accidently 75th years ago. The mass
was held at the "Chapelle Reine Astrid" in Briquemont.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** video rtlinfo.be **

:belgiumstandard:
75 Years since the tragic accident in Switserland.HM King Albert II and other members of the Royal Family
attended a Remembrance service at the Queen Astrid Chapel in Briquemont this afternoon.

Küssnacht,Switserland:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy anp

When you talk with older persons in Belgium you understand how big a tragedy it was in Belgium at the time. She was really loved.... so sad !

It was a very sad tragedy. The Queen was young and very beautiful and much loved by the people. If Astrid had not been in the accident, then Princess Lillian would not have come along. Life is very unpredictable and strange.:sad:

I would characterize the service as a "memorial" not a celebration of her death.

With the Belgian Royal being Roman Catholic,I would imagine it was a Memorial Mass & not a Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom