The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

More than that, she says Albert is "an extremely nice person" and that Astrid is really kind and sweet.

Okay, it's not that surprising considering she readily admitted she loved Albert for a long time and she never said anything one way or the other about Astrid, but it's amazing what will happen when people stop rejecting you and fighting you in court, ne c'est pas? :)

Old 10-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Majesty

What is she supposed to say? He's her father, she tried hard to get recogntion from him, and even if he only gave way unwillingly, its better if she can at least try to see the good side of him nad have some kind of relationship with him.

Old 10-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

As for the part about Princess Astrid, I meant it more to say because the media have always depicted her as her father's daughter nd therefore against anything having to do with her half-sister (also since King Albert was very stubborn pre-recognition).

It's nice to know that they get on and that Delphine is indeed, not only in name, a Saxe-Cobourg.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its nice to hear of some sort of family unity and good relationships after all the years of division.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Delphine pictured during the exhibition 'Delphine van Saksen-Coburg', at the Guy Pieters Art Gallery, in Knokke, today 10 October

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/12531832
Old 10-10-2021, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Idle speculation but I wonder if she and Jim will ever get married now that her life has settled down considerably?
Old 10-13-2021, 08:28 AM
Courtier

https://parismatch.be/actualites/peo...es-a-albert-ii

Does anyone have this issue of the magazine? I'd really like to see like a summary of it or something, the interview is said to be 10 pages long.

Is there a way to read it online? So far I've only seen it in paper but I wouldn't mind buying the issue if it was on e-paper, does anyone know how?
Old 10-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Idle speculation but I wonder if she and Jim will ever get married now that her life has settled down considerably?
Just my speculation, I have a feeling that maybe she just don't trust marriage, given that she is a child from extra-marital relationship.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see why they should marry after all this time and two children.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

People like India Hicks have gotten married after even longer and more children, so there aren't really any certainties.

At least if Delphine got married now she could invite her family and they would attend.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
People like India Hicks have gotten married after even longer and more children, so there aren't really any certainties.

At least if Delphine got married now she could invite her family and they would attend.
It would be a bit awkward to like ask her father to give her away, wouldn't it be?

(I'm absolutely sure her siblings would attend, probably the nieces/nephews as well, they are big on being a family unit )
Old 10-14-2021, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
It would be a bit awkward to like ask her father to give her away, wouldn't it be?

(I'm absolutely sure her siblings would attend, probably the nieces/nephews as well, they big on being a family unit )
Delphine doesn't strike me as the "giving someone away" type (if that's even a thing in Belgium), but having an extremely nice person sit through the ceremony probably isn't that awkward.

Having her mom and Paola in the same room, maybe a little?
Old 10-14-2021, 12:39 AM
Serene Highness

Albert doesn't have to "give her away" in her wedding, just as a guest to witness the ceremony will be enough. (Is Jacques Bol still alive? If she wants someone to give her away I guess she would pick the father who actually raise her.)

I wouldn't doubt that her siblings (and nieces/nephews) will attend if they receive the invitation.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:28 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
I guess she would pick the father who actually raise her
I believe that was the whole point, he didn't raise her and she only met him a few times. Jacques Bol will probably be the very last person on the planet to attend a hypothetical wedding of Delphine.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Delphine doesn't strike me as the "giving someone away" type (if that's even a thing in Belgium), but having an extremely nice person sit through the ceremony probably isn't that awkward.

Having her mom and Paola in the same room, maybe a little?
Now THAT would be awkward
Old 10-14-2021, 05:30 AM
Majesty

There is a nice Picture of Paris Match when the King arrives at his Place on July 21th He smiled to her !
Old 10-14-2021, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
There is a nice Picture of Paris Match when the King arrives at his Place on July 21th He smiled to her !

Is there anything important in the interview? I'm quite curious about things she has said about her father, siblings, nieces/nephews, etc.