Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
Last edited by a moderator:
Article that Hannelore originally posted:

Mode
Prinses Astrid looft Belgische ontwerpers op Parijse Modeweek

Glitter, rijk borduurwerk en kleur enerzijds en zwart anderzijds: het modebeeld dat deze week in Parijs gebracht wordt, steekt vol contrasten. Tijdens het defilé van Dries Van Noten kon ook prinses Astrid dat vaststellen.

Prinses Astrid was voor het eerst - incognito - aanwezig op het defilé van Dries Van Noten. De hele dag al had ze samen met haar stijlconsultant de sfeer van de modeweek van Parijs opgesnoven en daar had ze duidelijk van genoten. Van Noten wou ze absoluut niet missen. Alles wou ze weten over de Belgische ontwerper: hoe lang hij bezig was, waar hij woonde, hoe zijn carrière totnogtoe verlopen is en wat er tijdens zo'n modeweek allemaal gebeurt.

De prinses, die al een zilverkleurige jas van Van Noten kocht in Brussel, was in de wolken over de collectie: ,,Ik vind ze mooi en heel vrouwelijk, vooral de mantels vallen erg in mijn smaak. Ik ben trots op onze Belgische ontwerpers.'' Na het defilé ging ze Dries Van Noten persoonlijk feliciteren.

Voor Branquinho kon de prinses jammer genoeg niet blijven, ze moest haar trein halen.

Branquinho: de essentie in het zwart

De collectie van Van Noten, gebaseerd op kleur en rijk bewerkte stoffen, met borduurwerk en glans, stond haaks op die van Veronique Branquinho, die helemaal voor zwart ging. Geen prints of detail in kleur te bespeuren. ,,Ik had zin om alles te herleiden tot de essentie: de snit," zei Branquinho na de show. ,,Ik wou de vormen en details voor zich laten spreken, zonder dat kleuren en motieven met de aandacht gaan lopen.''

,,Ik werk altijd vanuit de buik, ik denk niet in termen van seventies , eighties of andere invloeden, trends gaan aan mij voorbij. Ik doe mijn eigen ding, wat niet belet dat de tijdsgeest ook aanwezig is in mijn werk.''

,,Ik denk niet dat het een risico inhoudt om een collectie in één kleur te brengen, integendeel, op die manier breng je een heel duidelijk beeld. Ondanks het feit dat deze collectie sober lijkt, is ze één van de meest arbeidsintensieve die ik ooit gebracht heb. De snit is heel doordacht en zit ingewikkelder in elkaar dan je zou denken. Ik ben blij met het resultaat."

Olivier Theyskens: poëtisch en vrouwelijk

Twee jaar geleden tekende de jonge Belg Olivier Theyskens zijn eerste collectie voor Rochas. Ondertussen heeft hij zijn draai gevonden in dit Franse huis en zet hij een heel samenhangende collectie neer die poëtisch, romantisch en heel vrouwelijk is zonder overladen te zijn. De modellen leken bijna te zweven in hun jurken met lange sleep die geïnspireerd waren op negentiende-eeuwse modellen. Er waren ook kortere, draagbare exemplaren maar het accent lag op droomjurken voor vrouwen met een droombudget. Naar verluidt loopt de collectie als een trein in Amerika en Japan.

Translation (finally :))

PRINCESS ASTRID PRAISES BELGIAN DESIGNERS AT THE PARIS FASHIONWEEK

Glitter, rich embroidery and on the one hand color, on the other black: the fashion that Paris brings us this week is full of contrast. During the defile of Dries Van Noten princess Astrid could tell for herself.

It was the first time Astrid was present -incognito- at a defile of Dries Van Noten. Together with her styleadvisor she had been getting used to the atmosphere of the Paris fashionweek all day long and she was clearly enjoying it. She absolutely didn't want to miss out on Van Noten. She wanted to know everything about the designer: how long he's been in business, where he lives, how his career has evolved, and all about the things that go on during a fashion week.

The princess, who has already bought a silver colored coat of Van Noten in Brussels was delighted about the collection: "I think she's beautiful and very feminite, I'm especially fond of the coats. I'm proud of our Belgian designers". After the defile she went to congratulate Dries Van Noten personally.

Unfortunately the princess couldn't make the defile of Veronique Branquinho because she had to catch her train.

Branquinho: the essence in black

The collection of Van Noten, based upon colors and rich fabrics, with embroidery and glow, was in contrast to the one of Veronique Branquinho, who focussed totally on black. No prints or colored details in sight. "I wanted to reduce everything to the essence: the cut" Branquinho said after the show. "I wanted the forms and details to speak for themselves, without having colors and motifs that draw the attention".

"I always work instinctively, I never think in terms of seventies, eighties or other influences, trends pass me by. I do my own thing, which doesn't stop the 'spirit of time' from being present in my work."

"I don't think it's a risk to have a collection in one color, on the contrary, that way you give a sharp image. despite the fact that this collection seems very sober, it's one of the most labour-intensive ones I've ever produced. The cut is very well thought over and is more complicated than you would tell at first glance. I'm glad with the result."

Olivier Theyskens: poetic and feminite

Two years ago young Belgian Olivier Theyskens drew his first collection for Rochas. In the meanwhile he's found his place in the French couturehouse and he presents a coherent collection that's poetic, romantic and very feminite without being overloaded. The models nearly seemed to float in their dresses with a long train, inspired on 19th century models. There were also shorter and more wearable pieces, but the dreamgowns for women with a dreambudget were especially emphasized. Apparently his collection is top of the bill in America and Japan.

Thank you very much Hannelore for translating the article. :)

Princess Astrid attended an academic session for the 100th anniversary of the existence of Rotary Club Belgium-Luxemburg.

Attachments

• p03.jpg
    p03.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 760
  • p02.jpg
    p02.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 798
Princess Astrid attended a Ball at the Military Academy where Prince Amedeo studying last week:

Attachments

• Resize of pic.jpg
    Resize of pic.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 562
  • Resize of pic1.jpg
    Resize of pic1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Resize of pic2.jpg
    Resize of pic2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 468
  • Resize of pic4.jpg
    Resize of pic4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 529
  • Resize of pic5.jpg
    Resize of pic5.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 397
  • Resize of pic6.jpg
    Resize of pic6.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 488
Some more pics:

Attachments

• Resize of pic.jpg
    Resize of pic.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 378
  • Resize of pic13.jpg
    Resize of pic13.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 416
  • Resize of pic12.jpg
    Resize of pic12.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Resize of pic11.jpg
    Resize of pic11.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 415
  • Resize of pic3.jpg
    Resize of pic3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Resize of pic0.jpg
    Resize of pic0.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 421
And some more pics:

Attachments

• Resize of pic20.jpg
    Resize of pic20.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 353
  • Resize of pic70.jpg
    Resize of pic70.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Resize of pic40.jpg
    Resize of pic40.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Resize of pic23.jpg
    Resize of pic23.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Resize of pic22.jpg
    Resize of pic22.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 346
  • Resize of pic21.jpg
    Resize of pic21.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Resize of pic18.jpg
    Resize of pic18.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 363
And some more:

Attachments

• Resize of pic71.jpg
    Resize of pic71.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 463
  • Resize of pic41.jpg
    Resize of pic41.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 327
  • Resize of pic42.jpg
    Resize of pic42.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 347
  • Resize of pic43.jpg
    Resize of pic43.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Resize of pic31.jpg
    Resize of pic31.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 772
  • Resize of pic32.jpg
    Resize of pic32.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Resize of pic33.jpg
    Resize of pic33.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Resize of pic34.jpg
    Resize of pic34.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 304
And some more pics:

Attachments

• Resize of picg.jpg
    Resize of picg.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Resize of picf.jpg
    Resize of picf.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Resize of pice.jpg
    Resize of pice.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Resize of picc.jpg
    Resize of picc.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 241
  • Resize of picb.jpg
    Resize of picb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Resize of pica.jpg
    Resize of pica.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 496
  • Resize of picd.jpg
    Resize of picd.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 413
And some more photos of Princess Astrid:

Attachments

• Resize of pich.jpg
    Resize of pich.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Resize of pici.jpg
    Resize of pici.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Resize of picj.jpg
    Resize of picj.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Resize of pick.jpg
    Resize of pick.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Resize of picl.jpg
    Resize of picl.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 343
  • Resize of picm.jpg
    Resize of picm.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 259
Some more:

Attachments

• Resize of picp.jpg
    Resize of picp.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Resize of picq.jpg
    Resize of picq.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Resize of pico.jpg
    Resize of pico.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Resize of picn.jpg
    Resize of picn.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 293
The last set:

Attachments

• Resize of pich.jpg
    Resize of pich.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 349
  • Resize of pici.jpg
    Resize of pici.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Resize of picj.jpg
    Resize of picj.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Resize of pick.jpg
    Resize of pick.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Resize of picl.jpg
    Resize of picl.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Resize of picm.jpg
    Resize of picm.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 334
WOW thanks HEAPS HMQueenElizabethII!!! i haven't seen pics of Amadeo for a while so thanks heaps!!! ^__^ good work :)

LEUVEN, BELGIUM : Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz of Belgium take part, Sunday 24 April 2005, in Leuven, in a feast of the Belgian Red Cross marking the launch of the yearly stickers selling campaign. From Belga.

Attachments

• Leuven1.jpg
    Leuven1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Leuven10.jpg
    Leuven10.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 369
  • Leuven9.jpg
    Leuven9.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Leuven8.jpg
    Leuven8.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Leuven7.jpg
    Leuven7.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Leuven6.jpg
    Leuven6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Leuven5.jpg
    Leuven5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 444
  • Leuven4.jpg
    Leuven4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Leuven3.jpg
    Leuven3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Leuven2.jpg
    Leuven2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 238
One more ...

Attachments

• Leuven11.jpg
    Leuven11.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 243
Thanks for the pics Danielle ^__^ i like her coat heaps except i don't like its purple cuffs but apart from that its a cute coat! ^___^ is there a full length photo i would like to see what shoes she wore with the outfit ^___^

Princess Astrid in Seraing on 6/5:

Attachments

• 6249627.jpg
    6249627.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 6249628.jpg
    6249628.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 310
  • 6249629.jpg
    6249629.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 6249630.jpg
    6249630.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 6249631.jpg
    6249631.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 6249632.jpg
    6249632.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 6249633.jpg
    6249633.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 303
thanks for the pics...what was the occasion? did she visit a hospital or something? ^___^ well good on her =)

Princess Astrid will visit Thailand & Sri Lanka (starting on 12th June 2005) together with minister Armand De Decker.

The main focus of the visit is to get a clear view of the efforts the have been made to build things (and lives) up again 6 months after the tsunami.

Meetings with the authorities. Special atention will go to the help the Red Cross tries to provide in the regions (Astrid is chairwoman of the Belgian red cross). She will also visit rebuilding-projects of other organisations.

Upcoming events

22nd June : princess Astrid

Awarding Gabriella Moortgat foundation prize

23rd June : princess Astrid & prince Lorenz

Opening of the exhibition of duchess Diane von Württemberg's creations in Brussels

Princess Astrid in Thailand with the Thai PM on Friday 17th June:

Attachments

• 00458988.jpg
    00458988.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 383
  • THAILAND-BELGIUM-200913-pih.jpg
    THAILAND-BELGIUM-200913-pih.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 853
  • THAILAND-BELGIUM-201157-pih.jpg
    THAILAND-BELGIUM-201157-pih.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 820
Status