Princely House de Ligne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erivam

Gentry
City
Cuiabá
Country
Brazil
Princely House de Ligne (from wikipedia)

blasondeLigne.jpg

The House of Ligne is one of oldest and the most prestigious Belgian noble families. It goes back to the eleventh century and owes its name at the village in which it originated, between Ath and Tournai. The lords of Ligne belonged to the entourage of the Count of Hainaut at the time of the Crusades. With the battle of Bouvines in 1214, they were described as "great name and men of honour" by the chroniclers of the time. Their progressive rise in the nobility began as barons in the twelfth century, counts of Fauquemberg and princes of Épinoy in the sixteenth century. Lamoral I received from the emperor Rudolf II the titles of Prince of Ligne and Prince of the Holy Roman Empire. There are cadet branches of this house: Barbançon, Barbançon-Arenberg, Moy, Ham and Arenberg

Abbots and abbesses

Within this house there were the following abbots and abbesses:

• Gérard de Ligne (+1270) Abott de Cambrai
  • Mahaut de Ligne (c. 1275) Abbess d'Epinlieu
  • Marie de Ligne (c. 1500) Abbess de Mons
  • Marie de Ligne (c. 1550) Abbess de Cambrai
  • Catherine de Ligne (+1581) Abbess de Thorn (La Thure)
Princes de Ligne

List of the Princes of Ligne:

1. Lamoral I, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1563-1624).
  2. Albert Henri, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1615-1641)
  3. Claude Lamoral I, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1618-1679)
  4. Henri Louis Ernest, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1644-1702)
  5. Antoine Joseph Ghislain, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1682-1750)
  6. Claude Lamoral II, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1685-1766)
  7. Charles-Joseph, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1735-1814)
  8. Eugène, Prince of Ligne and of the Holy Roman Empire (1804-1880)
  9. Louis, Prince of Ligne (1854-1918)
  10. Ernest, Prince of Ligne (1857-1937)
  11. Eugène II, Prince of Ligne (1893-1960)
  12. Baudouin, Prince of Ligne (1918-1985)
  13. Antoine, Prince of Ligne (1925-2005)
  14. Michel, Prince of Ligne (1951-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of Prince Michel and princess Eleonora

Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne

Michel Charles Eugène Marie Lamoral, Prince of Ligne, Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, Prince of Épinoy, Prince of Amblise, and Grandee of Spain, was born on 26 May 1951 in Château de Belœil, Belgium. He is the son of Antoine, 13th Prince of Ligne and Princess Alix Marie of Luxembourg. He is thus the nephew of the Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and the cousin of the current Grand Duke. He is the head of the House of Ligne.

Marriage and Children

He married Princess Eleanora of Orléans-Braganza, daughter of Prince Pedro Henrique of Orléans-Braganza and Princess Maria Elisabeth of Bavaria, on 10 March 1981 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

• Princess Alix Marie Isabelle Adelgonde Eléonore of Ligne b. 3 July 1984
  • Prince Henri Antoine of Ligne b. 3 March 1989
A picture of Edouard Vermeulen, and the princess de Ligne
A picture of the princess de Ligne and Jean-Marie Delwart

A picture of prince Jean de Luxembourg, and the prince de Ligne

A picture of Princess Maria Theresa of Brazil, Mrs. Jan de Jong and her sister the princess de Ligne

A picture of the princess de Ligne, baron Michel de Villenfagne de Vogelsanck, Mrs François le Hodey, Mrs Jan Hessel de Jong

A picture of the prince and princess de Ligne and their children Henri and Alix

A picture of Prince Pedro of Orléans Braganca with countess Iabelle d'Ursel and his cousin princess Alix de Ligne

A picture of Prince Pedro-Luis of Orléans-Braganca, princess Alberto of Orléans-Braganca, Mrs Arthur da Costa Silva, count Rodolphe de Looz-Corswaren, princess Alix de ligne

---
Note that the text is from wikipedia.org

From wikipedia.org (free of copyrights):

Alix Marie Anne/Anna Antonia/Antoinette Charlotte Gabrielle, Princess of Ligne, Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, Princess of Bourbon-Parma (born 24 August 1929 at Berg Castle) is the daughter of Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and Felix of Bourbon-Parma

Alix as child

Alix as young woman

Prince Antoine de Ligne

Bride & Groom 1

Bride & Groom 2

Bride & Groom 3

Bride & Groom 4

Cover of Le Soir

Le Soir spread, with many pictures

Princess Alix with a sister, aunt and grandmother

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
Princess Maria of Brazil on a chair In the back: Pedro Luis of Orleans-Braganca, the Dowager princess de Ligne (nee Pss Alix of Luxembourg), Princess Amelia, Prince Antonio, Princess Christine (nee pss de Ligne) and princess Maria Gabriela.

Family picture

Princess Christine of Orléans-Braganza

Princess Christine Marie Elisabeth of Orléans-Braganza, Princess of Ligne, was born on 11 August 1955 in the Château de Belœil, Belgium. She is the daughter of the late Antoine, 13th Prince of Ligne and Princess Alix Marie of Luxembourg.
Her father was head of one of Belgium's foremost noble families, mediatized in 1803. Her mother, the Princess Alix (born 1929), is sister of former Grand Duke Jean. On her mother's side, Princess Christine is a descendant in the fifth generation of King John VI of Portugal, is a great-granddaughter of Miguel I of Portugal, and a great-grandniece of Brazil's first emperor, Pedro I.

Marriage and Children

She married Prince Antonio of Orléans-Braganza, son of Prince Pedro Henrique of Orléans-Braganza and Princess Maria Elisabeth of Bavaria, on 25 September 1981.

• Prince Pedro Luís of Orléans-Braganza b. 12 January 1983
  • Princess Amélia of Orléans-Braganza b. 15 March 1984
  • Prince Rafael of Orléans-Braganza b. 24 April 1986
  • Princess Maria of Orléans-Bragança b. 8 June 1989
A picture of D. Bertrand Prince Imperial, D. Antonio de Orléans e Bragança, D. Cristina de Ligne e D. Rafael de Orléans e Bragança e Ligne

Evriam,
Thanks for posting photos!

>> Event << with the presence of the princes of Ligne

Le prince et la princesse de Ligne

L'événement: Voir et être vu | Dupedi -

Prince Miguel de Ligne, Princess Elenora, Princess Alix
La princesse Alix de Ligne, Hans Bamhoom, Thierry Bettembourg

Le prince et la princesse de Ligne et leur fille la princesse Alix de Ligne

Prince de Ligne

did the announced wedding between prince de Ligne de la Tremoille and actress Isabella Orsini (no matches with the aristocratic family) happened?

Yes, last year...Prince Edouard de Ligne and Isabella Orsini will marry at Antoing the next 29 June.

I heard that it was postponed till September 5th.
Guest of honor will be Silvio Berlusconi Godfather of the bride

Last news: on the website of Isabella is written that she and Edouard de Ligne la Tremoille will marry on 21 june 2009. Nothing about Mr berlusconi.

Ah, is that case the future princess de Ligne will make it into Euro parlament in a few months then ;). I am sure Mrs. Berlusconi will be delighted.

Prince Edouard is the son of prince Charles-Antoine and princess Alyette of Croÿ. His paternal aunts are married to a prince de Merode and a prince de Polignac.
It will be the first 'commoner' in the French branch of the de Ligne family, I believe.

So Miss Orsini is a Berlusconi sponsored actress.. nobody else thinks she looks as she had a lot of plastic surgery?
someone reports that the wedding is in September at Antoing, while on the 21 june there will be a ceremony in Assisi.
finally I found out that a Gheddafi's son was in love with her some times ago

Pics 22.5.2009

Prince Edouard de Ligne and Isabella Orsini attend the Paul Allen
Hosts VIP Party in honor of Dr. Jim Watson at the Octupus Boat
during the 62nd International Cannes Film Festival on May 22,
2009 in Cannes, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Marengo,
Why do you mix the belgian branch (de Ligne) and the French one (de Ligne la Tremoille??

Do you mean why the French branch is not posted seperately in the French forum? Because the family is originally Belgian and the French branch is very small (and young). So to give them their own thread in the French forum won't be all that practical.

I posted at French speaking forum Royauté the news of the wedding Ligne-Orsini (and I wrote to Paul Theroff) last october.
The bride gave an interview about the wedding saying it would take place in June 2009. But it was 7 months ago...apparently they changed their plans.
Links to the interviews (in Italian)
She´s very modest...she says her wedding is "only a chapter of her extremely beautiful life":
Il Tempo - Spettacoli - Isabella Orsini: «Divento principessa»

Tgcom - Isabella sposa un vero principe

So she may enter in a church with his horse ... that was centuries ago..
he of course..

Yes , and they also don't have to put off their hat when the King is present.
dixit Luis Jose Vilallonga whose family were Grandees of Spain since...centuries

I read this, and was also wondering what privileges this entailed. I highly doubt that he would exercise his right to enter a church with his horse; however, there must be some other interesting privileges that come with the Grandee designation.

Back
Top Bottom