Princely House de Ligne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Interesting Isabella and her family have gone to Belgium and not stayed at their apartment in France during lockdown. Although they probably did this for precaution, as France has more cases of COVID-19 than Belgium IIRC.

With three little children they may have preferred the castle garden over a balcony in Paris ;).

They are cute; but why do the girls wear the same clothes all the time?

I prefer the Castle of Beloeil Castle of the Prince de Ligne from the main Branch.
3 of his wife Brothers have the COVID. I hope they will recover soon.

:previous: I can't believe Althea is 6 already - it looks like she had a lovely birthday! ?

From Point De Vue:

"A getaway in the sun, as we dream ... And which took place well before the confinement of March 2020. The Prince and Princess of Ligne went to find their daughter, Princess Alix, her husband Guillaume de Dampierre and their grandchildren , Olympia and Guy, in Rio de Janeiro. Their son, hereditary prince Henri, who joined them a few days later, tells us about this reunion.
After their marriage at the Château de Belœil Princess Alix and her husband Guillaume de Dampierre settled in Rio de Janeiro, where the young princess already managed the global marketing of the Brazilian jeweler H. Stern. Guillaume also works there now as a "senior manager" of a large consulting firm."

https://www.pointdevue.fr/familles-...-ligne-se-retrouvent-en-famille-au_15117.html

:previous: OMG...look at how quickly little Antoine has grown..he is adorable. The entire family is lovely.

He is such a cutie. And Althea trying to be taller :)

Isabella still comes across as 'fake' to me (a bit comparable to the Castro's); hope these girls turn out differently.

Happy birthday to Antoine, what beautiful children they are !

:previous: Antoing is the kind of castle we all imagine in fairy stories, beautiful place! I'm not envious of the family having this as a home at all. :D

It looks like a lovely place indeed. It is close to Tournai / Doornik. A city with some interesting buildings and an impressive church which recently saw quite a few renovations to make it less desolate looking.

The castle dates back to the 10th century but the present look comes from the 19th century. Charles de Gaulle supposedly studied there as it served as a jesuit college in a time when the jesuits were banned from teaching in France.

Back
Top Bottom