Princely House de Ligne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful photo!
As for women of his life - are there three of them or four?
We will know soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday to the soon mother-of-three!???:rose2:

Congratulations! I love his name - Antoine Tau Eduard Adrien. Adrien was a bit of a surprise, though I love Antoine and how his name honours the de Ligne family. He's a beautiful baby.

Last edited:
His full name is Antoine Tau Edouard Adrien.

His full name is Antoine Tau Edouard Adrien.

Well, it's quite hard to read hashtags all together so I missed the Tau part. Easy mistake to make ?
Tau is interesting though, I wonder what the significance of the name is or the meaning behind it.

The paternal grandfather of the baby is called Charles-Antoine. While the previous head of the de Ligne's was Prince Antoine (13th P. de Ligne). The 5th prince was also an Antoine.

Anothr Antoine -still only baron de Ligne- was head of the family in the 16th century. He had the nickname 'Great Devil" for his fierceness on the battlefield. As Emperor Charles V refused to award him the Golden Fleece, he started his own parody order: the order of the Wolf.

The other names do not run in the family as much. Neither do they appear frequently in the la Tremouïlle or Croÿ-Roeulx families (though the father of the newborn has a cousin who is called Hadrien).

-
Apparently Tau is a name used in Southern Africa, which means "lion". Several rulers of Rolong (territory in present-day Botswana) were named Tau.

Last edited:
-
Apparently Tau is a name used in Southern Africa, which means "lion". Several rulers of Rolong (territory in present-day Botswana) were named Tau.

Thank you for the information Marengo. I don't know of any South African connections to the de Ligne family or Orsini family, I wonder why the name was chosen.

Apparently they are still at the hospital. Is that normal practice in Belgium (or do they live elsewhere)?

Maybe Isabella had scheduled a C-section due to her age?

Apparently they are still at the hospital. Is that normal practice in Belgium (or do they live elsewhere)?
In Belgium new mothers usually stay at hospital a few days… even if the Birth was uncomplicated. I think it a very good thing, the new mother can rest completely.

And don't forget and the other grandfather too!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bslj-c2gcuf/

;) I didn't mean to, it wasn't online yet at that moment, but shared short time later ?
Judging from her own social media presence, I think that Isabella is one of the nobles/royals that check and read posts and threads about her family on the internet. Posting that other photo may have been a reaction, who knows..;)

The family live in the Saint Germain district of Paris according to Isabella's Instagram as she posted multiple videos of the gillets jaunes protesting in her street a week or so before Antoine's birth. They also have a villa in St. Tropez and visit Antoing Castle in Belgium regularly (as well as Isabella's native Italy).
I wonder why she's still at the clinic, I hope that she and the baby are doing well.

:previous: Glad to hear that Isabella and Antoine are at home with the rest of the family.
I hope Antoine is alright and that the incubator is nothing too serious.

:previous: So sweet - especially how the school puts on some party food for the children on birthdays. It looks as if Athenais had a lovely day!

If it's like the Netherlands and Peru, it's the parents -not the school- taking care of the party food (which in the Netherlands is expected to be a lot healthier than what I see in this picture; in Peru it would be more of the same: cake and soda).

:previous: Would make more sense. Here in the UK the children themselves often bring in packets of sweets or a birthday cake for their fellow classmates on their birthday. We also had a policy at my secondary school where the teachers gave every student in the class a card and chocolates for their birthday since it was quite a small school; which I always thought was a really nice idea.

Back
Top Bottom