Princely House de Ligne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does Princess Alix de Ligne work in a fashion brand?

Princess Alix works for H.Stern in Rio de Janeiro. She's a jewelry designer and marketing manager. She also writes for the Japanese site of Marie Claire.

Last edited:
Alex de Ligne should avoid wearing such deep neckline.

Just a little correction: the lady in the last pictures posted isn't Princess Alix de Ligne but Princess Isabella de Ligne de La Tremoille, née Orsini.

Causa Imperial, a famous Brazilian monarchist organization, has just insinuated, on its Facebook page, that Princess Alix de Ligne is dating Count Guillaume de Dampierre, a French aristocrat.

They posted a photo of the couple, together with Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium, taken at the wedding of Princess Amélia of Orleans-Braganza, on August 16, 2014, in Rio de Janeiro.

Now, Causa Imperial doesn't gossip. If they say the Princess and the Count are dating, they must be almost 100% sure of it. It's also a well known fact that the Imperial House of Brazil sometimes uses Causa Imperial to say things they don't want to say directly.

According to a monarchist in a another Facebook group, they're dating for some time now, and Count Guillaume has even learned to speak Portuguese. The monarchist thinks we are not far from hearing an engagement announcement.

The picture (they are a beautiful couple!):

https://scontent-gru1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=81c7213ed5cbfe3d4a95606911f06e3e&oe=56141503

Great news. Congratulations to the couple if its true. Just wondering since I know next to nothing on the subject - is Alix in the Line of succession to the Imperial throne and if so would a wedding to a Comte de Dampierre be considered ebenbürtig?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Alix is 9th in the Line of Succession to the Brazilian Throne, after her mother, the Princess of Ligne (born Princess Eleonora of Brazil), and brother, Hereditary Prince Henri of Ligne.

Her Highness is a niece of Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and a double first-cousin of the future Head of the House, Prince Rafael, whose father, Prince Antonio of Brazil, is one of the Princess of Ligne's siblings, and mother, Princess Christine of Brazil (born Princess of Ligne) is a sister of Princess Alix's father, the 14th Prince of Ligne.

I'm sure Princess Alix would keep her succession rights if she marries the Count. I think her family would be thrilled.

WOW what a beautiful couple they are. I hope to hear soon for an engagement.

Princes de Ligne saved lives of more than 300 jewish children in the family castle of Beloeil - Reunion in Israel

https://t.co/ijIEfRp0gI

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Alix is 9th in the Line of Succession to the Brazilian Throne, after her mother, the Princess of Ligne (born Princess Eleonora of Brazil), and brother, Hereditary Prince Henri of Ligne.

Her Highness is a niece of Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and a double first-cousin of the future Head of the House, Prince Rafael, whose father, Prince Antonio of Brazil, is one of the Princess of Ligne's siblings, and mother, Princess Christine of Brazil (born Princess of Ligne) is a sister of Princess Alix's father, the 14th Prince of Ligne.

I'm sure Princess Alix would keep her succession rights if she marries the Count. I think her family would be thrilled.

Thank you for answering CM. Do the Braganza-Orléans have House laws regarding equal marriages or is it judged from case to case? I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything.

Thank you for answering CM. Do the Braganza-Orléans have House laws regarding equal marriages or is it judged from case to case? I tried to look it up but couldn't find anything.

For a Brazilian dynast to marry and keep his/her succession rights, the marriage must be consented by the Head of the Imperial House, who can stipulate some conditions in order to approve the union.

Normally, only marriages equal marriages are accepted (a Prince of Brazil must marry a Princess, or an equivalent of "Princess", such as "Archduchess").

But, in 1948, Princess Pia Maria of Brazil (1913-2000) married a French aristocrat, Count René de Nicolaÿ (1910-1954), and her brother, Prince Pedro Henrique (1909-1981), then Head of the Imperial House, approved the marriage and she kept her succession rights.

So there's a precedent for Princess Alix's case (who, in theory, is not a member of the Brazilian Imperial Family, but a member of the Princely House of Ligne who can inherit the defunct Brazilian Throne).

From his descent from a Countess of Bourbon-Busset, the Count has connections to the Bourbon Parma family.

:previous:
More precisely Guillaume's great-grandmother, Gabrielle de Bourbon-Busset (the mother of Guillaume's paternal grandmother), was a sister of Madeleine de Bourbon-Bussed, wife of Duke Xavier of Parma and mother of the late Duke Carlos Hugo.

branche de Ham, Maison de Ligne

Godd Morning (it's 7.45 am here) I've been living and working in Thailand since 2003 and would like to convey a warm hello from the Land of Smiles to all of you. I found this interesting page about the House de Ligne. I found another webpage showing a coat of arms where it says in French branche de Ham de la maison de Ligne. Does any one have any information about the de Ham (de Ligne) family (names, dates)? I'm attaching a file I found on Wikipedia. Thank you.

Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella attended the charity gala Do Bal de la Riviera in Estoril in Lisbon, Portugal, on September 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Isabella attended the 'France-USA' Gala Dinner at Chateau de Versailles on December 5:

** Pic **

Last edited:

On January 27 Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella were among the guests at the Nobuku Ishikawa Jewellery Exhibition Cocktail as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic **

On January 27 Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella were among the guests at the Nobuku Ishikawa Jewellery Exhibition Cocktail as part of the Paris Fashion Week:

** Pic **

Is the lady in between Dewi Sukarno?

Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella attended the gala of the foundation Children of Africa in Abidjan, Ivory Coast on March 11:

** Pic **

Last edited:

Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella were among the guests at the 'Children for Peace' Benefit Gala in Paris yesterday, April 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princes de Ligne saved lives of more than 300 jewish children in the family castle of Beloeil - Reunion in Israel

https://t.co/ijIEfRp0gI

Thank you for sharing this, I was unaware of it. That's an amazing thing to do, and it's nice to hear that they are still in touch with some of the Jewish children that they saved.

Reactions: eya
Even more so, when you realize beyond the 300 they housed, another 2700 Jewish children passed through them. They worked with the Red Cross to help hide Jewish children among Catholic families all over Belgium. How many countless children got to grow old and have children and grandchildren because of what Eugene, his wife and those they worked with, did. Among some of the royals who risked their lives and all they had, to use their position to help others. :flowers:

Amazing this reunion was worked out. Sad the couple are not alive but for their grandchildren and descendants to meet them. And of course Yolande, the only of their 4 children still alive. A righteous among nations is an incredible honor, they can be proud they had 2 in their family. What an impressive legacy of humanity to leave.

On September 30 Princess Isabella attended the launch of the new "La Prairie" Caviar Collection in Paris:

** Pic ** gallery **

Princess Isabella attended the 'Dalida' Paris Premiere on November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom