Princely House de Ligne

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, and also they don't have to put off their hat when the King of Spain is present.
Dixit the late José Luis Vilallonga, whose family were Grandees of Spain since centuries.

My God...I have just read that Prince Pedro Luiz d'Orleans-Branganca aged 26 was among the 228 lost in the Air France crash a couple of weeks ago!

He was the cousin, as well as best friend and confidant, of Alex de Ligne.
They are on the cover of Point de Vue this week...she is so pretty and he was so handsome and kind looking.

Very sad and shocking!

Today, September 2nd, Prince Edouard de Ligne and
Isabella Orsini celebrated their civil wedding in Antoing,
Belgium:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She's Italian, she recently played the main character in a fiction in Italy (actually was berlusconi's tv...) called "il sangue e la rosa - the blood and the rose". From her surname you can image she's noble, but I don't know.

I've tried to find out more but I couldn't find any hint,
maybe Orsini also is a very common name in Italy.

She has her own page isabellaorsini.com, but no
real information about her background.

Here's a large gallery with pics from yesterday from belga.

It's not a very common name in Italy at all. It immediately reminds to something noble, probably she's noble, perharps an offshoot of the family. Anyway it's certanly an important family, 'cause Silvio Berlusconi is her godfather

she is NOT noble, there are NO links between her and the famous Orsini family. That's why in all the announcements in which the groom is called "prince" there's no mention of her title.
The links with Silvio Berlusconi confirm that. The Italian prime minister has never hanged around with aristocracy (the two only dinners he attended with roman aristocracy in the last 10 years are reported by the press as exceptional events).
And at the birth of Isabella, in the eighties I think, he wasn't still in politics and he was everywhere considered a newcomer: no aristocratic house of the time would have asked him to become the godfather of their daughter.

I know some people whose surname is Orsini ( none of them is an aristocratic). so I think that it's a quite popular surname in the centre of Italy

and another gallery from zimbio
gallery

I'm absolutely delighted. The bride looks wonderful :)

I read in wikipedia, that she is 34 years old, not 29, (born in Perugia 2 December 1974)

Do you know something about the guests who attended the wedding?

What a stunning wedding. The bride looks incredible. That Tiara is amazing. Fairytale. :):)

Does anyone know whether or not the tiara worn by the bride is a de Ligne family tiara? It is very beautiful. Also, will the bride have a title?

The de ligne's tiara is the one worn by the two girls of HR and I Archiduchess Charles-Louis of Habsburg , born Princess Yolande de Ligne.

Isn't she, by virtue of the marriage, now a HH Princess de Ligne?

I think Ladyleana you are right.. only the Princess Antoine de Ligne is HRH the Princess de Ligne because she was born Princess of Luxembourg. The same of the actual heir of the house , his wife was HRH Princess of Orleans-Bragance.

Princess Isabella de Ligne and Prince Edouard de Ligne during
the 28th edition of "The Best" at the lounge Hoche in Paris,
France, December 14, 2009.

---------> Pic

What a beautiful couple, is he the current head of the House of Ligne or the heir? I've only just recently started to take up an intrest in the small princely familys of Europe, they have such a colourfull history.

No, Prince Edouard belongs to a minor branch of his family; the current Head is Prince Michel, son of Prince Antoine and Princess Alix (née Princess of Luxembourg), and husband of Princess Eleonore (née Princess of Brazil); his heir is his son Henri.

Does anyone have pictures and Info of Prince Henri de Ligne?

Baby news! Only three months left and the couple will have their
first baby!

Princess Isabella de Ligne and Prince Edouard de Ligne were pictured
in Rome, Italy, these days, obviously enjoying the first sunny days and
excited about the growing belly :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Isabella and Prince Edouard de Ligne interviewed by Italian mag DIVAeDONNA.
The baby is due next month. It's a girl, and will receive the name Althea Isabella Sophie.

©DIVAeDONNA

How unusual that they release the baby's name before it's born..
But besides that, it's a nice name. It's originally a variation of the
Greek name Althaea. Isabella and Sophie are nice anyway :)
Thanks for posting and letting us know, Tosca! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom