King's Feast 2004 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can join in 2020. The 15th is on a Sunday that year.

:previous:
Princes Elisabeth will then be 18, so she will have to, probably.?

Last edited:
King's Feast and this year on 15 November and they will attend King Albert, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/koningsdag-2018-paleis-der-natie

The Palace has updated their agenda about King's Feast:

King Albert, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire attend at the Deum

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/koningsdag-2018-te-deum

King Albert, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz at a ceremony in the Palace of the Nation

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/koningsdag-2018-paleis-der-natie

Last edited by a moderator:
No Prince Laurent or Princess Clare?

Queen Paola will not attend for because she is to frail.
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire for the loss of a part of their Dotation.
First Show up for King Albert Ii after the ADN test ,
Ambiance among our Royals , this is sad.

Albert looks really fragile, Astrid had to help him climb up and down the stairs of the Cathedral.

There was a kinda awkward moment inside of the church, where Albert was looking at Laurent, the latter ignored him but Claire greeted her father-in-law warmly.

It's weird: Laurent can't stand his parents but he doesn't take his wife and children away from them, maybe it's his way to be kinda selfless in a way?

I think Paola didn't go because climbing those stairs might have been a bit too much for her at this stage after her minor stroke, at that age, mobility is a massive issue, specially after brain issues.

They may enter the Cathedral by a side door (without any steps . King Juan Carlos and Grand Duke jean did it for Queen Fabiola's Funerals.
Queen Paola did not like to come !
King Albert II was smiling ,the best to do.

It's nice to see Claire and Laurent attending, despite all the problems and the polemics....it is still a form of respect towards their respective brother and brother-in-law.

Last edited:
I am glad they're approach to the reign is so attentive to this kind of things. The relationship with foreign royals can be seen in the attention they put on medias.
I LOVE the one where Mathilde is sitting and Philippe is standing next to her. Very regal.

You noticed that Princess Claire was sittting next to Albert II and not Prince Laurent.

Sure, but showing up to the king's feast is a form of respect to King Philippe. Even if they're are visibly distant from one another (not a novelty tbh) the relationship between Laurent and his father is not what matters today.
Anyway, I can't wait for Elizabeth and Gabriel to start attending the King's Feast celebration too!!!

I received for the first time a Pink invitation to attend the Te Deum.
It is not a VIP invitation (I have no private parking place before the Cathedral) but I am happy to attend.
I have to show my idendity card with my invitation. Tenue de ville /sacs interdits.
I will tell you how it was.

Well done Maria Olivia,is there a dress code for the Te Deum Mass and will hopefully you'll be sitting beside Laurent ;)

Tenue de Ville is the dress Code : Ties for Men , not too flashy Coats for Women.

Where was Princess Astrid,Archduchess of Este?

That is indeed what Wim Dehandschutter (Flemish royalty reporter) claims as well about Pss Astrid's absence. He did not know why Prince Laurent and Princess Claire did not attend.

He has some videos on his twitter account. On one of them Prince Lorenz is explaining to children why the king is absent (he can not celebrate himself). Another one mentions that the royals exit the church from a different side, as the King's legs are not well enough to use the big main staircase.

Last edited:
To Day I attend the King's Feast at our Cathedral in Brussels.
Through my Royal Association I was seated in the middle of the Cathedral at the beginning of my row.
The weather outside was gray and cold, a lot of diplomats , Ministers , old Ministers and even Schools.

But The King's Brother was not there, and we have no Government . A very sad te Deum and even the Te Deum was singing without panache .

But our King Albert II and Queen Paola were there and Prince Lorenz.

He was so happy to be there among the people he bas been King during 20 years.
I greated the Queen she said Bonjour to me. I greated the Prince but no answer. I think Prince Lorenz must have been shy that the whole Royal Family except Princess Astrid was not there.

When they went out , some (few) people were standing in the cold and warmly dressed. The King and the Queen stayed a long time outside with them but alas with no scarfs or hat. I hope they won't be ill.

They entered and left from the main entrance (not the side entrance), but their car was near the Doors , such as Queen Fabiola did at the end of her life, so they had only some steps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom