Funeral of Queen Fabiola: December 12, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww.... amazing grace was sung so beautifully....

Now a Spanish choir will perform. A niece of queen Fabiola (I think) is said to also sing.

Who is this opera singer who just sang Amazing grace? such familiar face

I missed seeing the prayers, unfortunately. Could anyone kindly share who read prayers in which language?

Princess Elisabeth: Dutch and French
Prince Gabriel: Dutch and French
Prince Amedeo: Dutch and French
Hereditary prince Guillaume: German
Princess Louise: English
A niece of Fabiola (?): Spanish

The Spanish song is called "La Salve Rociera", it is sung in El Rocío pilgrimage.

Awww... King Juan Carlos and the Spanish family singing with the hymn... wow

King Juan Carlos is mouthing the words...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Queen Mathilde overcome with emotion by hearing La Salve Rociera...

José van Dam, a bariton.

Oh sorry, I was thinking of the woman :)

Nice how the king and queen of Spain sang along!

Now Will Tura, Flemish singer who also performed at king Boudewijns funeral

Will Tura with "Hoop doet leven" (Hope makes live).

You know, even now I think with Fabiola being two years older than Baudouin, he should have been alive for this. He died so very early. It was just a crying shame.

The number from the Man of La Mancha was Baudouin's favorite.

Now a song from Don Quichote which queen Fabiola apparently liked very much.

Not really a surprise, it was announced this week he would perform. I think the Spanish choir was the surprise.

José van Dam with an excerpt of "The Man of La Mancha" (try to do the impossible to reach the possible).

What a wonderful Spanish tribute,the music has been a particular highlight of the Funeral Mass.

Is that Fabiola's niece María de las Mercedes de Mora y Narváez the current Marquees de Casa Riera?

Philippe just cannot take it anymore, he looks so so sad :(

Princess Elisabeth: Dutch and French
Prince Gabriel: Dutch and French
Prince Amedeo: Dutch and French
Hereditary prince Guillaume: German
Princess Louise: English
A niece of Fabiola (?): Spanish

Thank you, stephanievl!

This part of the ceremony may be a bit long...but definitively gives us the idea of who fabiola was, how she lived and how she thought a funeral should: a celebration of life and a thanksgiving to God. After all...we Christians think death is just a passage to another, better life. it is a goodbye...it doesn't have to be a sad one, after all it's not forever

Last edited:
What a beautiful version of the Brabançonne! Reminds of the one at the oathtaking of king Filip.

What a wonderful Spanish tribute,the music has been a particular highlight of the Funeral Mass.

Is that Fabiola's niece María de las Mercedes de Mora y Narváez the current Marquees de Casa Riera?

I think so. The commentators said there would be a niece singing. I just didn't hear who's niece, so I assume it must be who you say it is.

Yes, she is the actual Marchioness, she did also the reading in Spanish (prayers of the faithful).

:flowers:

The Spanish choir really tore me up because I've seen Fabiola singing with women like that on videos. That was so her.

Her coffin looks so small.

I saw Claire crying heavily during Amazing Grace.

Last edited:
Beautiful funeral, you can see how loved Fabiola was and for us Christians, it is all that matters: the love you leave behind.

I think the niece was doña Blanca Escrivá de Romaní y Mora, one of the daughters of Queen Fabiola's eldest sister.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

One of the bells now ringing is called Fabiola :)

Back
Top Bottom