Dutch State Visit to Belgium: June 20-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear, hear!

Sophus said:
Princess Astrid is often forgotten in this forum which is too bad as I think she is very beautifull and elegant. It's always Mary, Letitia, Maxima and Mette-Marrit people writes about... She is not modern and chic like them but she is certainly a real princess and grand lady...

She is hard working lady, for the Red Cross for instance, raising five kids and is having also her dutys as the wife of Prince Lorenz. And as I compare the pictures of her about ten, fifteen years ago [round the time her father became king] and pictures of her now I only can say "Hats off for Princes Astrid."
icon7.gif

Last edited:
What a gentleman the King is, handing over HM coat :). Nice to see that they are so comfortable together.

Some more from Ghent. (anp)
The cactus is used as music instrument. Any other noise than “ouch” would surprise me!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix is looking great! :)
Red definetely is a colour that suits a lot of royal ladies!

Does anyone else think it a possibility that Mathilda is pregnant again? In a few of the pictures there is a bump to be seen if she is turned sideways. That would be nice, although quite close together...

Beatrix looked great!
I like her wearing red! The Hat was great, too! Lovely to see the King as a real Gentleman! :rolleyes:

Maxie said:
Queen Beatrix is looking great! :)
Red definetely is a colour that suits a lot of royal ladies!
She is! By the way, I think it was de Telegraaf, the largest Dutch newspaper, that stated that this is Beatrix's 40th 'outbound' state visit!

Funny, we even haven't seen the end of this visit and already it seems a huge hit: everyone is so clearly at ease with each other, Beatrix seems to be enjoying herself, the overall atmosphere is great (minus one little incident yesterday in Antwerpen, some if I'm correct right-wing demonstrators whose goal evidently it is to re-unite the economically well-to do Dutch speaking Flemish part of Belgium with the Netherlands, demonstrated their views for the queen to see, which was bad). What a contrast with her visit to Buenos Aires, where for some reason the triumphant visit I expected just didn't materialize.

And regarding Mathilde's maybe pregnancy: if true, these royal girls certainly are doing their utmost to help birth rate-poor Europe back on track! But seriously, whatever the case I agree she somehow doesn't seem her old, luminous self...

Last edited:
princess olga said:
As for the royal 'fashion show', I think as far as the gala looks go, Claire is the clear Belle of the Ball. she's not getting a foot wrong. Princess Astrid looked incredibly elegant as well.

Maxima's trying to pull a JAckie indeed, and doing a great job of it, but her face seems overly made up or something, as if she's fighting fatigue (not unlikely considering what she's been up to lately..)

I agree with you, The first impression I have of claire was that she, in her quiet unassuming way, out shines them all! Maxima seems to be smoking or flying too much, as it has taken a toll on her complexion!

BTW, does Prince Laurent have a bad leg? Why does he walk with a stick?

Does Maxima smoke? I've never seen any evidence of that. How strange

Laurent was in a motorbike accident over the weekend. And, yes, there are a couple of photos of Maxima smoking tucked into threads on this forum.

This are the first pics from tonight’s reception and concert of the Residence Orchestra in the “Paleis voor Schone Kunsten-Palais des Beaux-Arts” (Centre For Fine Arts) in Brussels, offered by Queen Beatrix
(anp)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well that dress doesn't flatter Mathilde then.

I think mathilde's dress looks great, very beautiful IMO. Maybe she just isn't standing straight or something? All ladies are looking good btw.

To tell the truth: I didn´t like the gown in 2004, but this time it is lovely. And I don´t think this tiny picture can give proof of a possible pregnancy. It´s just an a-line dress, that´s flaring gently wider toward the bottom.
I remember the pregnancy discussion in 2004 (around the weddings in May); nearly everybody was sure that she was pregnant – and was to be mistaken. And many were surprised about the announcement in April 2005. So relax, time will show - sooner or later.

Great pictures, Johann! I think everyone looks great -- Claire looks beautiful once again, I really like the blue on Mathilde, QBeatrix looks very regal in her coat dress and I like QP's longer hair. This seems to be a comfortable visit for all parties -- the two royal families seem very at ease in one another's presence. For those of you who live in Belgium/the Netherlands -- how do you read this visit -- a success?

Images from PPE

Attachments

• 06062126.jpg
    06062126.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 06062112.jpg
    06062112.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 06062114.jpg
    06062114.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 06062115.jpg
    06062115.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 06062116.jpg
    06062116.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 369
  • 06062118.jpg
    06062118.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 06062120.jpg
    06062120.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 292
  • 06062124.jpg
    06062124.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 06062125.jpg
    06062125.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 06062127.jpg
    06062127.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
johann said:
This are the first pics from tonight’s reception and concert of the Residence Orchestra in the “Paleis voor Schone Kunsten-Palais des Beaux-Arts” (Centre For Fine Arts) in Brussels, offered by Queen Beatrix
(anp)
Great pictures again, Johann! For those who care, there's even a glimpse of silver-haired Duke of Parma in the group photo behind the King! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Princess Mathilde does look wider with that dress? Wonder if she is just having a hard time losing the pregnancy fat. Her hair looks amazing though.

Mathilde1286 said:
Wow...Mathilde really does look pregnant! What a nice thought. :)
Actually, it looks more like that she's finally doing what she should have done all along: enjoy a few pints of that exquisite Belgian beer! ;) But seriously now, she looks great in that color blue. Beatrix is in Tudor mode again, good for her.

More images of the yesterday gala dinner

from ukpress

Attachments

• Holland_visit_Belgium_61-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_61-UK.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 298
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_69-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_69-UK.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_66-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_66-UK.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_65-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_65-UK.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_63-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_63-UK.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 284
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_59-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_59-UK.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_56-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_56-UK.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 751
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_53-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_53-UK.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_52-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_52-UK.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_51-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_51-UK.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 307
More of ukpress

Attachments

• Holland_visit_Belgium_70-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_70-UK.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 260
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_71-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_71-UK.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 388
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_72-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_72-UK.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 345
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_73-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_73-UK.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_75-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_75-UK.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_76-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_76-UK.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_78-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_78-UK.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 815
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_80-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_80-UK.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_81-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_81-UK.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Holland_visit_Belgium_83-UK.jpg
    Holland_visit_Belgium_83-UK.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,269
Princess Astrid is missing today and Laurent still grits his teeth and looks uncomfortable - but at least he is there! Noblesse oblige.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom