Dutch State Visit to Belgium: June 20-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that Mathilde does look nice. I like the curly hair. Maxima looks lovely too, except I wish she would try different hair styles now and then.

Well, Mathilde looks different - but very nice. And she seems to wear new earrings. Maxima reminds me a bit of a robot, her facial expression is really funny;), maybe the material of the gown is too stiff? And Astrid looks extraordinary too (anp, getty)

Last edited:
Maxima wears pure Jacqueline-Kennedy-style - the cut of the dress, the gloves: very Jackie-esque! Jackie once wore a very similar dress, unfortunately I cannot find a pic at the moment. It suits Maxima!

Last edited:
Katie---- I was just thinking the same,that Maxima's dress tonight reminded me of one that Jackie Kennedy wore!!

Nice pictures everybody!

Beatrix must be ill, she is using the sapphire 'whopper' tiara again, and a gorgeous diamond riviere. Maxima is wearing the diamond bandeau.

I am very pleased to see all of them together & getting along so well. They really seem to enjoy each others company. I love the picture on the airport where the king is kissing Queen Beatrix hand.

Marengo said:
Beatrix must be ill, she is using the sapphire 'whopper' tiara again, and a gorgeous diamond riviere. Maxima is wearing the diamond bandeau.

Yes, there must be something in the Dutch water. (Though I'm not starting to wear big tiara's all of a sudden... maybe it only applies to royals? :rolleyes: ) I think everybody looked lovely. Nice dresses and wonderful jewels. It's great to see Maxima wearing the diamond bandeau tiara two times in a row in such a short period of time. (Maybe she didn't get time to unpack while travelling from one country to another? ;) )
I must say that I really love Mathilde's curls. It's great she's trying something different. Curls can change one's appearance drastically and that's what I love about them! Good to see Claire too. It's been a while and I must say: she looks good and so does Astrid, what an impressive hairdo!

From Reuters

Attachments

• r1441161378.jpg
    r1441161378.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 849
  • r2760589416.jpg
    r2760589416.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 839
  • r502359584.jpg
    r502359584.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 591
  • r750045188.jpg
    r750045188.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 484
  • r1669334294.jpg
    r1669334294.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 496
  • r2390024076.jpg
    r2390024076.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 653
  • r2528132832.jpg
    r2528132832.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 536
  • r3394231887.jpg
    r3394231887.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 661
  • r3508884027.jpg
    r3508884027.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 468
  • r3585285428.jpg
    r3585285428.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
It is so nice to see Beatrix & Maxima wear tiaras that are not hidden by their hair. I take it that "sapphire whopper tiara" is not the official name for the Queen's tiara? (It's an appropriate nickname though).

Does anyone know what orders M and WA are wearing. I know that they are Belgian but what are they?
Any help is appreciated/
Linda 85

Queen Paola is wearing her beautiful tiara as well. If I'm not mistaken she hasn't worn that since the Norwegian State Visit in 2003.

Princess Astrid from getty

Attachments

• 71249556.jpg
    71249556.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 519
Squidgy said:
It is so nice to see Beatrix & Maxima wear tiaras that are not hidden by their hair. I take it that "sapphire whopper tiara" is not the official name for the Queen's tiara? (It's an appropriate nickname though).

No, officially it's called the tiara of the sapphire parure. The parure consists of a whole set of sapphire jewels. I don't think the queen is wearing all of them, though. (She isn't that ill, as Marengo would call it :p)

Thanks for the great close ups of the ladies, mandyy!

Squidgy said:

I don t think the tiaras have official names actually, but on the internet they call it Queen Emma's sapphire tiara. I prefer 'Whopper' though ;)

----

Note that Paola is wearing......Orange!

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Note that Paola is wearing......Orange!

Caught by the orange-fever, Marengo? :p
You're probably right about the names, btw. I think we should write to the RVD about calling this tiara the 'Whopper'! It's just as simple as that and easy to remember for the Dutch people... :rolleyes:

Prince Constantijn was there too. (getty)
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
Princess Astrid is often forgotten in this forum which is too bad as I think she is very beautifull and elegant. It's always Mary, Letitia, Maxima and Mette-Marrit people writes about... She is not modern and chic like them but she is certainly a real princess and grand lady...

Princess Maxima looks absolutely beautiful.

linda85 said:
Does anyone know what orders M and WA are wearing. I know that they are Belgian but what are they?
Any help is appreciated/
Linda 85

Maxima and Willem are wearing The Order of Leopold, it is a Belgian order. the highest belgian order, in fact.

It seems that Laurent´s motorbike crash was after all a little painful, otherwise he wouldn’t need a crutch. The accident happened on Saturday and in the press release the court mentioned that he wasn´t injured.
Maybe King Albert should lock up all the motorbikes in the garage for a while ;). (getty)

Maxie said:
No, officially it's called the tiara of the sapphire parure. The parure consists of a whole set of sapphire jewels. I don't think the queen is wearing all of them, though. (She isn't that ill, as Marengo would call it :p)
Marengo said:
I don t think the tiaras have official names actually, but on the internet they call it Queen Emma's sapphire tiara. I prefer 'Whopper' though ;)
Thanks Maxie & Marengo! I guess it's been a long time since Beatrix wore the complete sapphire set? We would probably faint in shock if she were to wear it nowadays.;)

Actually I kind of like the "mix & match" look on Beatrix!

Sophus said:
I don't think that Mathilde looks like herself tonight with her long curly hair, thick foundation and black mascara...

:confused:

Yes, Mathilde doesn't look like herself, she looks like Sissi in the Romy Schneider movies.

And prince Laurent doesn't seem very happy; maybe he still has pain caused by his motor accident last week.

But I'm happy princess Claire came out again, it's the first time we see a picture of her since january. And she looks ravissant.

I love the middle picture in the above post -- it looks as though Queen Fabiola is greatly enjoying watching the "young people" develop friendships that will hopefully carry them into the future! Does anyone know who the man is next to Mathilde in the third photo? Is it Constantijn?

First of all this looks like a very nice family affair. It is really charming :).

I adore Claire's dress! Mathilde's curls are certainly a different look for her. This is really a nice state visit because we see so many younger royals. We see Willem-Alexander and Maxima, Phillipe and Mathilde, Astrid and Lorenz, Laurent and Claire, and Constantijn. It would have been nice to see Laurentien, but she certainly has more important things to take care of! :)

kwanfan said:
I adore Claire's dress! Mathilde's curls are certainly a different look for her. This is really a nice state visit because we see so many younger royals. We see Willem-Alexander and Maxima, Phillipe and Mathilde, Astrid and Lorenz, Laurent and Claire, and Constantijn. It would have been nice to see to, but she certainly has more important things to take care of! :)

Laurentien cant come for banquet because she staying home with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom