Dutch State Visit to Belgium: June 20-22, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by seeing the photograph and before seeing your message I put myself the same question... is Mathilde pregnant ??

sorry for my bad English...

Lovely photos! I think Mathilde looks great as always. I like her hat -- quite whimsical and fun and fits the occasion of greeting some good friends. I've never been a huge fan of Maxima in gray but it is always fun to see her. On another topic -- did the demonstrators disrupt the visit or were they removed before the royals appeared? And, finally, to those who ask if Mathilde is pregnant -- obviously we don't know for sure but this question has been asked many times when she has not been pregnant. It seems that with her small bones, and long lean arms and legs, any weight she gains settles in her abdomen, which gives the appearance of a small tummy but that has nothing to do with pregnancy.

Dutch Queen Beatrix, (L)talks with Belgium's Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt (R) at the Royal Palace in Brussels, Tuesday 20 June 2006. The Queen Beatrix is on a three-day state visit to Belgium.
Belga Picture

ANP
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Last edited:
Some pictures of the arrival without watermarks. :)
Pictures taken from nieuwsblad.be

Attachments

• belgie02.jpg
    belgie02.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 340
  • belgie03.jpg
    belgie03.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 351
  • belgie04.jpg
    belgie04.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 506
  • belgie05.jpg
    belgie05.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 465
  • belgie06.jpg
    belgie06.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 472
  • belgie07.jpg
    belgie07.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 380
  • belgie08.jpg
    belgie08.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 440
  • belgie09.jpg
    belgie09.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 404
  • belgie01.jpg
    belgie01.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 403
I wonder where W-A and Maxima stay today for changing clothes and stuff... maybe they're in a guestroom at Phillipe and Mathilde place?:)

It is not usual that Willem-Alexander and Máxima are attending a state visit of the Queen also when it is in Europe. The reason why they are there today is because they close with Philippe (Dutch: Filip) and Mathilde. Mathilde is the godmother of princess Alexia, the second daughter of Willem-Alexander and Máxima.
They leave tonight because it isn't necessary they are there and tommorow they attend the soccer game between Argentina and the Netherlands in Germany.

By the way: Maxie, you did an excellent job with getting those photo's!

Marie_Annemy: I don't deserve the credit. A member of another board posted a link to them, so I thought: Let's share them! ;)

I'm not too sure about the larger part of the outfits, btw. I'm positively sure about the fact that I love what Paola is wearing. Beatrix is very Beatrix (which means: don't like the clothes, love the hat) and I'm not to keen on what Mathilde and Maxima are wearing. As far as Maxima's outfit is concerned: I think there's too much going on. The big and very special hat, the shiny skirt, the big (and very ugly, imo) necklace. I like the outfit itself and the hat is nice too, but I guess I just don't like the combination of it all together. Mathilde looks lovely in the red dress, but I really don't like the hat.

But oh well, let's not get too shallow here: I love seeing them together, of course! Belgian and Dutch royals should meet up at least once a year so we Dutch and Belgian people can stare at them and make stupid remarks on their clothes... :rolleyes:

More images from profimedia

Attachments

• NWS-1070375.jpg
    NWS-1070375.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 587
  • NWS-1070426.jpg
    NWS-1070426.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 406
  • NWS-1070422.jpg
    NWS-1070422.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 380
  • NWS-1070377.jpg
    NWS-1070377.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 402
  • NWS-1070543.jpg
    NWS-1070543.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Maxima looks great with the curls! She should do that more often! :)
Love the hat and the clothes, lovely color! Queen Beatrix looked great in white too.

Maxima looks good,Considering she had a very busy week last week,and only came home on Sunday.I like both her outfits.

Inded, this are very busy days for WA and maxima ;)

Queen Beatrix second outfit looks much better then the 1st one!
Same goes for Maxima's hat!
I like the second one much more! The first one looked a bit too huge , imo!

I am quite disappointed of Mathilde's hat! :(

Thanks everybody for the photos!

I really love Mathilde, Máxima and Paola's outfits (and especially the hats yes :)) today. Elegant and definately not dull!

More images from getty

Attachments

• 71247609.jpg
    71247609.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 71247610.jpg
    71247610.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 71247613.jpg
    71247613.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 443
  • 71247615.jpg
    71247615.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 71247617.jpg
    71247617.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 409
  • 71247618.jpg
    71247618.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 438
  • 71247620.jpg
    71247620.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 71247622.jpg
    71247622.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 71247623.jpg
    71247623.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 481
Thank you everyone for the lovely photos! :) It's interesting to see the contrast between the outward exuberance of Maxima and the big grin of Willem in contrast to the introverted elegance of Mathilde and the more quiet demeanor of Phillippe.

Pics from ANP without marks

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Thanks everybody for the photos!

I really love Mathilde, Máxima and Paola's outfits (and especially the hats yes :)) today. Elegant and definately not dull!
I agree, Catherine: elegant, stylish, fresh!

why oh why did paola, maxima and mathilde decide to wear those super strange hats? they may be original, but not flattering at all... :(

i still loved all the pictures we has the first day of the visit. i love seeing mathilde and maxima interact, they look so at ease and comfortable with each other, in private or official events... it's also nice to see how their 'jobs' unites them so often!

some people said that mathilde didn't lose weight since her last pregnancy. today she proved what a gorgeous figure she still has...! to me, she looked amazing in red.

Maxima looks amazing in that yellow mustard dress. Very nice look. How did she change so fast?

Yes, alexandresylvie! You're right. I'm anxiously waiting for some pictures! :D

Alexandria said:
Thank you everyone for the lovely photos! :) It's interesting to see the contrast between the outward exuberance of Maxima and the big grin of Willem in contrast to the introverted elegance of Mathilde and the more quiet demeanor of Phillippe.
Yes, I was thinking about that as well, quite a contrast.

Oh my, we have seen some interesting and rather horrible hats today :D To bring forward the best features of their outfits during the day, I must say that I loved Mathilde's shoes, very stylish! And Máxima's orange/golden yellow dress was lovely, as was the hat.

GrandDuchess said:
Yes, I was thinking about that as well, quite a contrast.

I think it ressembles a bit the contrast between the two countries. Dutch people tend to be a bit louder and more outspoken (and not always in a good way that is) than Belgians are. Of course this is in general, because I know some quite outspoken Belgians and a lot of modest Dutchies too. ;)

Thanks for the pics of the banquet, Johann.
As always I want to know which tiara's the ladies are wearing and as always it's Maxima's which isn't visible properly... :(

I don't think that Mathilde looks like herself tonight with her long curly hair, thick foundation and black mascara...

:confused:

Last edited:
johann said:
And some more from polfoto

Wow, I'm surprised to se Mathilde with such curly hair. I've never seen her with such a hairdo!!! It's so different from the usual Mathilde...:)

The ladies look especially lovely tonight. I like Mathide's hair..its something different but not too outlandish. Maxima and Claire look great as well. The Queens, all three, look lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom