Death Threats for Queen Fabiola; 2009-2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLeana

Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
-
Country
Belgium
Today it ws announced that Queen Fabiola's life is under threat - from our blog:

Murder threat for Queen Fabiola

Today it was announced that, last Tuesday, the Belgian newspaper “La Dernière Heure” has received a letter in which Queen Fabiola of Belgium, wife of the late King Boudouin I, is threatened with assasination by crossbow during the Défilé on the next Belgian National Holiday, 21 July. The letter was written in French, but with many spelling mistakes. It is not very coherent or in touch with reality. It accuses the Queen of having had an affair with the Yugoslavian dictator Tito, and says the Queen costs Flanders 30,000 EUR per week, “only to listen to religious music, go to Lourdes and buy herself a place in heaven” (own translation).

Read more...

That's horrible, awful, terrible!!! In this way, an increase of the security will cost to Flanders a lot of money...Do the writers understand it???

Oh, hush, MAfan, really. It's probably just a nutter who wants to replicate Apeldoorn, and the security measures surrounding the 21 July celebrations were already going to be more intense and elevated.
I'm sure it's just some nutter. I mean, what did they want to do? Hide the crossbow under a cape or something? Yeah, that wouldn't have attracted attention. It's not like there aren't security officers every four or five feet around the RF. You'd have to be pretty insane to try to do something during a military defilé as well.

I'm glad to see it doesn't keep her home. They knew it since Tuesday, they must have informed her, and still she attends the Queen Elisabeth Contest. She looks pretty well, too, considering that long illness. And as often in royal blue...

She and Margaretha are very close, Margaretha is one of her nieces, they often do things together.

Last edited:
I am shocked to learn that Queen Fabiola's life was threatened. It was a really ungraceful act on the part of a "nut-case" to produce such nonsensical accusations against Queen Fabiola. Hopefully this troubled individual will be traced down and apprehended for questioning.
It is nice to see Queen Fabiola making public appearances. She looks frail though.

The newsbpaper La Derniere Heure has received a second letter threatening to kill Queen Fabiola.

See here for our blog entry.

That's foolish and crazy...no words to comment...
But I begin to fear...

I was absolutely horrified when I read about the murder threat. The guy who is doing this is obviosutly a pskykopath! Completely crazy.:nonono: Poor woman! And all the things he accuses her of. He is a nutcase, I feel really bad for Fabiola, she must be so sad and scared. Now I just hope that the BRF make sure she has security, and a lot of it, everywhere she goes!

I really hope that this insane person keeps his/her threats on paper. I think it is terrible that anyone would want to harm an elderly woman who has done nothing but live her life, and love her country and family. It would be really awful if she had to live her life in constant fear, and start staying home from all public events. Does the newspaper have any idea of the identity of the person sending these letters?

that's shocking news. i didn't know about the first threat attempt, but all i can say is that it just seems like the person is trying to get the attention of the people, very much like it happened in the netherlands. who else would send a letter informing of his plans to a newspaper if they planned to carry out a murder? it seems like this person has serious mental issues. however, i would very much prefer fabiola to stay at home that day. if it were me, i wouldn't risk it or cause the disruption and expense of so many people looking after my person.

i wonder if he invented all the allegations against the queen. it's so sad to be accused of such horrible things.

Unfortunately in the Netherlands no threat was send so the security did not have time to prepare. Threat must be taken seriously but I think it hopefully might just be a letterwriter wanting attention.

that's shocking news. i didn't know about the first threat attempt, but all i can say is that it just seems like the person is trying to get the attention of the people,
very much like it happened in the netherlands.
who else would send a letter informing of his plans to a newspaper if they planned to carry out a murder? it seems like this person has serious mental issues. however, i would very much prefer fabiola to stay at home that day. if it were me, i wouldn't risk it or cause the disruption and expense of so many people looking after my person.

i wonder if he invented all the allegations against the queen. it's so sad to be accused of such horrible things.

Poor Queen Fabiola, such a sweet, kind, devoted woman. After all of the losses she has had to suffer in life it is beyond awful that in her twilight years she has to be subjected these threats. Of course, hopefully it's nothing but the ravings of an escapee from the laughing academy but it still must be taken very seriously. Even if the guy is the commander of the crackerjack brigade it is just those sorts who sometimes follow through on their lunatic schemes. I hope God and the Belgian security forces are keeping a close watch on her. And I hope the letter-writer is quickly found and spends the rest of his life in a padded room.

:belgiumflag:

The royal family will be on high protection on the 21 of July, due also to what happened to the Dutch RF on the Queen's day. The whole family will be to-gether for the royal defilé , it may be one single mad person, remember in Egypt with President Sadate..
The man of the first letter is known , now a second and why the old dowager ??

Another threat has been received by the Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure. This time they received a postcard, on which a coffin was drawn, with the text "more than 7 months to live.."

The card was sent in an envelope from a bank, and posted in Charleroi. On the postcard itself, the sender put an Israeli stamp. The address on the card is total fiction, as the Queen does not live at "Chateau Plakendael". The Police are taking the threat very serious and they have started an investigation. It is possible this threat comes from the same person who threatened the Queen last summer. Click here to read an article about it in French and to see the images.

What a shame! Fabiola is such a great person and should have to live in peace, but it seems to be impossible for her. The wrong death declarations and death threats. I hope that Fabiola has the strength to handle these terrible situations.

How abhorrent is that?! :sad: I only hope Queen Fabiola hasn't seen it and I also hope that she isn't in danger.

I am shocked to learn about the threats. Some seriously unstable person appears to have issues with Queen Fabiola. I hope that authorities will succeed in apprehending the person in question.

I find this truly shocking. Queen Fabiola is an admirable woman and does not deserve to worry about such things. I hope this is dealt with accordingly

To say these threats are outrageous is an understatement.

I hope the Belgian authorities track down this person or persons before they can do any harm to her. In the meantime I hope her security is increased and the cost be damned.

And why her? She has served her adopted country so long and so faithfully. Why would anyone want to harm her?

Well, it is most probably a mad man who wants attention. To be honest, I think it would be wise if the press stopped writing about each and every threat, like the VRT tried to do.

This is rediculous that this person is threating her at her age she should be carefree not worring about a single thing yet here we have this person who wants to make life difficult for not only Queen Fabiola her entire family as well. I hope that they find this person then send them to a doctor for a mental evaluation they really do need help if I am not mistaken there was an article on here about this. Didn't they find a person that had threatened her once before? I do not remember at all.

They did arrest someone, but he claimed to be innocent and they didn't have enough proof to keep him under arrest or to take it to court.

It is a very sorry business indeed. Threaten to kill the old lady if she doesn't enter a convent? Come on... Some people are just nuts.

Simply horrible,I hope this nasty person is caught,sending death threats to a beloved old lady.

Shame,shame,shame :sad:

It is really awful what is going on these days regarding Queen Fabiola. The accusations made in the latter are hard to believe. Having an affair with Tito??????? Although he was the ladies man, an she seemed to be beautiful women :)))) Read the article in the Danish newspaper and says it was Pinochet.....so which one is it??:lol: From my personal experience mostly of the rumors seem to be truth. I was wondering is it possible to get the whole content of the letter(s) somewhere. If this thing with the affairs is true I'll never stop laughing......or crying :flowers:

Newspaper La Derniere Heurereceived another death thread for Queen Fabiola. It was very simular to one of the letters they received last year as it was again about a cross bow during the national day. This time the author also added that the threat will come from the air, that the police will be attacked with a car and that there will be acid rain over the defile.

oh my, I can't hardly believe there is ANOTHER threat against that woman.... I hope this is some kind of joke..... Acid rain?This is becoming ridiculous IMO. What is this man trying to do? Establish some sort of tradition where Queen Fabiola will receive each year the same threat for her appearance on the National Day :confused: ?

some people are so stupid.......why in the world would someone want to hurt that sweet wonderful woman who loves her country

It, too, amazes me, that anyone would want to hurt that lovely woman. She is an asset to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom