The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-16-2019, 01:40 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 6,046
Also her sister-in-law Archduchess Yolande of Austria was in attendance.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 12,166
I was very pleasantly surprised to see Laurent as the Belgian representative considering that he rarely attends events within his own immediate family! It was also nice to see that Jean could make it. Despite being less mobile than he was, he seemed well.
__________________

__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,854
The Prince de Ligne (Michel) wore the Order of the Golden Fleece. His Father was also Knight of the Order. Only 3 belgian Noble Families are.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-17-2019, 06:35 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,854
Great Royal/Noble Dignity Funerals of a beloved Mother , Grandmother ,Sister and more.
Prince Laurent is Prince Lamoral's friend.
They did well !
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Prince de Ligne (Michel) wore the Order of the Golden Fleece. His Father was also Knight of the Order. Only 3 belgian Noble Families are.
Was the late Philippe de Lannoy a Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece?
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Was the late Philippe de Lannoy a Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece?
No, sixteen De Lannoys have been Knight in the Order of the Golden Fleece, but not the late Philippe de Lannoy. The last De Lannoy to have been ennobled into this Order was in 1744, when the Southern Netherlands were under Habsburg rule
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 3,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
An interested full report for the funeral from the Royalement Blog:

https://t.co/TIMaxwGHwf
Thanks!

I noticed that Henri and Gabriella attended the funeral of their great aunt together. Probably the first pictures of the engaged couple in 15 months?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Prince de Ligne (Michel) wore the Order of the Golden Fleece. His Father was also Knight of the Order. Only 3 belgian Noble Families are.

That would be the Austrian (Habsburg) Golden Fleece of course, which some people see as the only legitimate successor to the medieval Burgundian order of the Golden Fleece.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-17-2019, 01:46 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,854
Yes the Austrian Catholic Order. The King of the Belgians had the Austrian Order.
When King Juan Carlos came on Official Visit to Belgium he gave King Albert II the Spanish Order of the Golden Fleece. He is the only one who has the 2 Orders .
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-18-2019, 09:54 AM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: T., Belgium
Posts: 2,523
Interesting to see that Gabriella Habsburg-Lothringen is still together with the father of her child, Henri Bourbon.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 25,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes the Austrian Catholic Order. The King of the Belgians had the Austrian Order.
When King Juan Carlos came on Official Visit to Belgium he gave King Albert II the Spanish Order of the Golden Fleece. He is the only one who has the 2 Orders .
Had forgotten that the Austrian Order can only be bestowed on Roman Catholics unlike the Spanish one.
__________________

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-18-2019, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Had forgotten that the Austrian Order can only be bestowed on Roman Catholics unlike the Spanish one.
And, if I am not mistaken, it is only bestowed on males also.

The Spanish order was once also strictly for Catholics. I believe the Duke of Wellington was the first Protestant to receive the Spanish Golden Fleece.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes the Austrian Catholic Order. The King of the Belgians had the Austrian Order.
When King Juan Carlos came on Official Visit to Belgium he gave King Albert II the Spanish Order of the Golden Fleece. He is the only one who has the 2 Orders .

Was King Philippe given the austrian Golden Fleece since his accession?
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-18-2019, 02:25 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 25,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Was King Philippe given the austrian Golden Fleece since his accession?
Wasn't he bestowed the Order back in 2008?

Living members


The Duke of Bavaria (1960)
Count Johann Larisch of Moennich (1960)
Archduke Karl of Austria (1961) – Sovereign (Grand Master) of the Order since 2000
Archduke Andreas Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Archduke Carl Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este
Archduke Michael of Austria
Archduke Michael Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Archduke Georg of Austria
Archduke Carl Christian of Austria
King Albert II of Belgium
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg
Prince Albrecht of Hohenberg
The Duke of Württemberg
The Prince of Lobkowicz
Count Johann of Hoyos-Sprinzenstein
The Prince of Liechtenstein
Prince Clemens of Altenburg
The Duke of Braganza
Count Josef Hubert of Neipperg]
The Duke of Hohenberg
The Prince of Schwarzenberg (1991)
Archduke Joseph of Austria (born 1960)
The Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
Count Gottfried of Czernin of Chudenitz
Mariano Hugo, Prince of Windisch-Graetz
Baron Johann Friedrich of Solemacher-Antweiler
Baron Nicolas Adamovich de Csepin
Bernard Guerrier de Dumast (fr) (2001)
The Prince of Panagyurishte (2002)
The King of the Belgians (2008)
The Prince of Ligne (2011)
Prince Charles-Louis de Merode (2011)
Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir of Austria
The Margrave of Meissen (2012)
__________________

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Wasn't he bestowed the Order back in 2008?

Living members


The Duke of Bavaria (1960)
Count Johann Larisch of Moennich (1960)
Archduke Karl of Austria (1961) – Sovereign (Grand Master) of the Order since 2000
Archduke Andreas Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Archduke Carl Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este
Archduke Michael of Austria
Archduke Michael Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany
Archduke Georg of Austria
Archduke Carl Christian of Austria
King Albert II of Belgium
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg
Prince Albrecht of Hohenberg
The Duke of Württemberg
The Prince of Lobkowicz
Count Johann of Hoyos-Sprinzenstein
The Prince of Liechtenstein
Prince Clemens of Altenburg
The Duke of Braganza
Count Josef Hubert of Neipperg]
The Duke of Hohenberg
The Prince of Schwarzenberg (1991)
Archduke Joseph of Austria (born 1960)
The Prince of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg
Count Gottfried of Czernin of Chudenitz
Mariano Hugo, Prince of Windisch-Graetz
Baron Johann Friedrich of Solemacher-Antweiler
Baron Nicolas Adamovich de Csepin
Bernard Guerrier de Dumast (fr) (2001)
The Prince of Panagyurishte (2002)
The King of the Belgians (2008)
The Prince of Ligne (2011)
Prince Charles-Louis de Merode (2011)
Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir of Austria
The Margrave of Meissen (2012)
Interesting that the Graf Czernin von und zu Chudentiz has been ennobled into the Order of the Golden Fleece. It seems that on his death bed Kaiser Karl demanded his former Minister of Foreign Affairs to be stripped of the Golden Fleece because of erratic and traitorous behaviour in the Sixtus Affair.

Interesting that this blame of treason did not block the Count Czernin von und zu Chudenitz to receive another Golden Fleece.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 4,604
The memorial mass for Princess Alix in Luxembourg at the Église Saint Michel is scheduled for March 5 at 6pm

Communiqué du Maréchalat de la Cour - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Mars 2019
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-06-2019, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 4,604
A few photos from Wort of the memorial mass for Princess Alix on March 5th.

Gedenkmesse für Prinzessin Alix - Luxemburger Wort
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 52,516



Here are two more photos of yesterday's mass:


** monarchie.lu: Service religieux en mémoire de la Princesse Alix de Ligne, Princesse de Luxembourg **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:15 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,854
I saw a picture in Paris Match: Princess Yolande , Mrs Townsend presented her husband to Prince laurent. Hugo Townsend remain sitting and looked very frail.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-06-2019, 03:54 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 25,407
I only spotted the Grand Duke in the photos, who else was there from the Grand Ducal Family at the Memorial Mass?
__________________

__________________

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death & Funeral of Prince Henri, Count of Paris - 21 Jan. / 2 Feb. 2019 eya Royal Families of France 213 04-02-2019 08:56 AM
Prince Michel of Ligne and Princess Eleonora of Orléans-Bragança - 10 March 1981 claypoint2 Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 3 07-14-2018 10:26 PM
Engagement & wedding of Pss. Alix de Ligne and Guillaume de Dampierre - Feb&June 2016 Cris M Royal Family of Belgium 151 07-30-2016 09:12 PM
Dowager Empress Cixi by Jung Chang CarolynHarris Royal Library 2 01-02-2014 04:29 PM
Death of Comtesse Alix de Lannoy: August 26, 2012 Stefan Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 141 09-05-2012 12:46 PM




Popular Tags
althorp archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales chittagong crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife current events cypher denmark diana princess of wales duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch dutch royal family felipe vi foundation future genealogy general news germany hamdan bin mohammed hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma king salman languages lithuanian castles mail meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism netflix nobel 2019 norway history official visit prince charles prince harry prince of wales princess margaret queen maud royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia settings spain spanish history spencer family state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tracts trump united kingdom working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×