Belgium's National Day - 21 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
princess Elisabeth (rex features)

Attachments

• 599680B.jpg
    599680B.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 599680D.jpg
    599680D.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 233
  • 599680F.jpg
    599680F.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 326
In some angles, Joachim looks very much like Amadeo (side angle especially!)

and the Olympicnic in the Warandepark (photoshot)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for posting such great pictures. I don't know much about the Belguim royal family, but am going to try and learn more. Elisabeth was so beautiful. All the European royal men better watch out, there is going to be a new generation of beautiful Queens that they will have to deal with. Between Ingrid, Leonor, Elisabeth and Amelia, we are looking a a great future for the monarchy.
Elisabeth looked like a real little lady and a big daddy's girl.

I'm very impressed with how Elisabeth behaved during the long Te Deum service. I know that my six year old daughter gets a little tired during Sunday Mass and this service must have been longer. She's learning her future role early and apparently very well.

Prince Joachim looks great! :D *swoon*

And Princess Elisabeth is adorable. She'll make a great queen one day....

Peaches said:
In some angles, Joachim looks very much like Amadeo (side angle especially!)

i totally agree ;) :D

why was Lorenz and Amedeo not at National day and all other adults were?

Princess Mathilde of Belgium (C) waves to the people as she heads toward the reviewing stand during a military parade to celebrate the National Day of Belgium in Brussels, capital of Belgium. Belgian King Albert and Queen Paola were present at the ceremony. July 21 was chosen as Belgium's national day as King Leopold I took his oath of allegiance to the Belgian constitution in 1831 on this date, thus becoming the first king of the Belgians.

from Tang Ji/Xinhua Press

jm83au said:
why was Lorenz and Amedeo not at National day and all other adults were?

I read that Lorenz was retained by professional obligations

beautyful picture of Mathilde, purple-platinum thanks.
and without marks !!!

Love her shoes but she appears to need a pedicure......I am very critical!

Great pictures, Catherine! Thank you so much. I have a question -- who are the men in the blue gowns in the front row, left? Academics? Clerics?

I am sorry, but I believe that the Belgium RF has horrible fashion taste. Example, CP Mathilde with the organce dress and funky hat, you can't tell her apart from the background is some pictures. If this is the wrong place to discuss their fashion, I apologize, but it is just gross. A princess is supposed to stand out not blend in like part of the backdrop. CP Mathilde is lovely and needs to outshine the wall. :(

A professional royal wave from Elisabeth. Has she been practicing at home? :)

(Story)

Those are gorgeous pictures, Catherine. For the first time, for me, the hat is shown to very good effect. The subtle coral in the hat tones well with the earrings and dress...and, of course, Mathilde's skin! Lovely photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom