Belgium's National Day - 21 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this hat CP Mathilde remind me Princess Grace again (in Luxembourg she wore replica Grace Kelly dress from Rear Window).
Red dress remind me a little Jacqueline Kennedy dress from Christmas party at the White House, especially its back.

I love flower dress from Yesterday. Mathilde looks fabulous.

Never mind the fashion, it was great to saw them all together again - today and yesterday. Wonderful idea to take little Elisabth on the Te Deum. Maybe it was boring for so young child but she was fab there:)

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde and prince Filip visited in the Warandepark the BOIC for an Olympic picnic at the occasion of 100 year BOIC. They're brave, it was 35°C. I stayed indoors ...

PPE

Attachments

• 06072170.jpg
    06072170.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 06072172.jpg
    06072172.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 06072185.jpg
    06072185.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 259
  • 06072184.jpg
    06072184.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 06072180.jpg
    06072180.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 334
  • 06072179.jpg
    06072179.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 06072178.jpg
    06072178.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 214
  • 06072177.jpg
    06072177.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 06072176.jpg
    06072176.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 06072175.jpg
    06072175.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 226
I think that Mathilde had bad make-up on Te Deum. She doesn't look like she:confused: Or maybe that's light and bad photo?

Last edited:
A few more...nice that Mathilde changed, she looks fresh in that white suit, and Filip looked very relaxed, in his element ! :)

Attachments

• 06072173.jpg
    06072173.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 06072174.jpg
    06072174.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 06072186.jpg
    06072186.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 289
johann said:
He had a crash with his motorcycle in his parents parc, broke his knee and had to be operated.

Poor kid!

Thanks for the quick response.

Philippe´s new sunglasses are pretty cool.

BTW some more pics from the military parade (getty)

and some more from ppe

Last edited:
Thanksss, princess Matilde is very beautiful !!!!!!!!!

Beautiful pictures. Thanks to everone who've posted them and for the information.:) I liked Mathilde's outfit today at the parade and Te Deum, but I'm not crazy about the hat. I really liked Claire's outfit. Very sweet to see Elisabeth attending Te Deum, and it was very sweet to see her wave when they left.
Unfortunately the channel, which showed much of the military parade the previous two years, and that I'm able to receive didn't show the parade this year.:( But all the pictures are also very nice to look at.:)

What is it with motorcycles and the Belgian royal family.:D With the pictures of Gabriel at the playground sitting on that scooter, I think he might join the club one day. Not crashing with his motorcycle, but more riding one.:D

Mathilde looks stunning, especially in red dress! What lovely shoes!
It seems queen Paola wore that bordaux hat already. Ekisabeth - poor kid, it is obviously boring for her. Mathilde's orange dress is quite vivid and pretty? but not woth beige hat.

Amelie said:
I am not a fan of the dress/hat combination of mathilde's. Bright orange and pale pink/beige are not a good colour match. She would have been better off going with a pink like elisabeth's dress

I agree. Don't care too much for the hat.:confused:

johann said:
And some more (Belga)
[/quote

I do prefer Mathilde in pantsuits. This one especially. It suits her very well.]

It seems that the prince had more fun in the afternoon than on the Te Deum. :) Indeed he looks good and relaxed !

Mathilde's dress is very pretty and a unique design. It is classic a la' the Kennedy style. It seems that a lot of designers are going back to the classic look. I personally think that Mathilde looks very pretty in this dress. I am not crazy about the color though. It seems a bit harsh on her. I like her in pinks and reds, not orange so much.

And the last ones (Belga)

so there are more unconventional royal hats out there

Last edited:
johann said:
so there are more unconventional royal hats out there

Of course because hats should be fun! :)

A lot of people showed up for the parade, and I honestly can't understand how they could stand that terrible heat. I went out in the garden around 19.00 and it was still over 30°C. Not exactly what the cold Belgians are used to ...

Last edited:
queenofcelts said:
Ekisabeth - poor kid, it is obviously boring for her.
After all she got lots of presents – surely she had a busy afternoon unwrapping all these nice things and sharing her experiences with her little brothers.

(polfoto, belga, getty)

Last edited:
martha-louise said:
It seems that the prince had more fun in the afternoon than on the Te Deum. :) Indeed he looks good and relaxed !

The Te Deum isn't supposed to be fun;) ... still I think Phillippe didn't adopt the "Oh, Am I Bothered!" look... but must be good to be out and play like a big kid, loose up a little...:D

I have to say that Mathilde hat is growing on me... my first impression was "Great Colour, Great Idea, so-and-so hat" but the more I see the hat the more I admire her choice, it has something of ethnic... specially in the front pictures the hat outline her beauty, her eyes specially. I'm still not convinced with the side pictures of it.

Thank you! It looks like that Belgium had a great day to remember :)!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Well, what I notice that ladies hats match to each other - Paola and Claire, Fabiola and Mathilde even Albert and boys and somehow Astrid:D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pictures.
I was in Brussels today, and I saw princess Mathilde and prince Phillip from very close in the park. They look so wonderfull together and they are really interacting with the people. I really loved Mathildes outfit and I especially loved her earrings (they looked like flowers made of glass) but I forgot my camera so I couldn't take pictures. Does anyone has a picture where you can see the earrings Mathilde wore in the park?
thanks,
elisabetteke

Mathilde orange dress and her hat are to die for! I love them! The white paint suit is gorgeous too! :)
Claire has been looking good, too! Such a lovely hat, the same goes for Queen Paola. And Elisabeth is so sweet! Must be quite something for such a child to have all the people wanting to shake hands with you or talk to you and sit all your way trough a boring Te Deum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom