Belgian National Day - 21 July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to the Belgian National Day celebrations 2012!

On July 20, King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire will attend the concert "Prelude to National Day" hosted by the International Queen Elisabeth Contest
and the Belgian National Orchestra at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.

On July 21, the Te Deum will be attended in the morning by

- King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde at the Cathedral Saints-Michel-et-Gudule in Brussels

- Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz at the Sint-Baafs Catheral in Ghent

- Prince Laurent and Princess Claire at the St. Paul's Cathedral in Liege.

In the afternoon the whole family will attend a military parade at the Palace Square.

Later on Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent and Princess Claire will visit different stands of the event "Day in the Park".

* source: Fête Nationale - 21 juillet 2012 *​

Very nice to see the whole family will be present again.

Thank you for posting those photos :flowers:-here are the entire gallery from PPE PPE Agency and coverages from Belga BelgaPicture - Category details BelgaPicture - Category details http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/3848665.html where many more photos from DPA can be found via manual search after members of the royal family...
Militair defilé in Brussel gehouden (1) - Het Nieuwsblad; La famille royale dans les trois Régions du pays pour la... (1) - Lavenir.net; Nationale feestdag; De koninklijke dames houden het sober op nationale feestdag - HLN.be (without watermarks)
Fête nationale*: le défilé militaire a débuté (1) - Lavenir.net; http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=21-07-2012%20Defile; http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/1a4ujVwFqg3/Belgian+National+Day+2012+Celebrations/1NxZtRljAT- (today's military parade)
Koninklijke familie woont militair defilé bij (+album) - Hbvl.be;
Koning beleeft dolle pret met De Crem - HLN.be; Prins Laurent opnieuw op tribune koninklijke familie - HLN.be; Koninklijke familie viert nationale feestdag in de 3 gewesten - HLN.be; http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland/article/detail/1473712/2012/07/22/300-000-mensen-namen-deel-aan-feestelijkheden-21-juli.dhtml (articles)
Veel volk op Te Deum in Brussel - HLN.be; 'De koninklijke familie bezoekt Brussel, Vlaanderen en Wallonië' - HLN.be (videos)

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde was the best ! thanks for the very quick pictures.

Something funny happened; Queen Fabiola came first and took place on the last Chair on the left side. Was it on purpose ? but doing that she was sitting next to princess Mathilde, she likes very much to speak with during the Defilé.
Queen Paola arrived and asked her to sit next to her , she did it but the two Queens did not communicate as usual. next to Queen Fabiola the shy Prince Philippe and she spoke to Princess Mathilde as usual....

The King is not taking the Queen’s arm as King Baudoin did with Queen Fabiola, but I saw the HM King needs Queen Paola 's wife ’s arm to walk safely.

:previous: Thanks for the photos.
Everyone seemed happy, in good spirits and it was nice to see the twins, too!
I really enjoyed seeing the affection, as usual :wub:, between the king and queen, who was very elegant and beautiful... sorry but I adore her :)

Another videos:
Videozone

Last edited by a moderator:
An Ari Ri ,You are right at the end we had La Brabançonne our national hymn and it was sad to see how it was difficult for her to stay.

An Ari Ri ,You are right at the end we had La Brabançonne our national hymn and it was sad to see how it was difficult for her to stay.

I think I saw a photo of Prince Philippe helping Queen Fabiola walk down the aisle which was rather touching.

I dearly hope Fabiola will be able to attend the wedding in Luxembourg, I think she will be thrilled to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom