The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2020, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be lovely to see her but I doubt it.....

Old 07-21-2020, 02:23 AM
Administrator

I doubt it as well. Prince Laurent is listed to attend since some time now, Princess Claire has not been listed at all for this year's celebrations, so it's very unlikely that we'll see her today..

Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I have no expectations regarding an appearance by Princess Claire.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal family this morning during the Te Deum mass

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Edb2_G6X...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Edb2khOW...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Edb2nLFW...jpg&name=large

Videos as the family arriives

https://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/soc...t-1232477.aspx
https://twitter.com/i/status/1285491872392249344

The Royal Family later today in Alken in Limburg to visit a residential care center

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EddgvTlW...jpg&name=large
Old 07-21-2020, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Some more photos of today (and yesterday) can also be found here:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** gtresnews gallery 2 ** ppe gallery ** ppe gallery 2 **

** dm article: Belgium's royals refuse to let Covid-19 cramp their style as they step out for a church service ..**

King Philippe today also viewed the new graffiti of the project Art Reconnects Belgium at a wall of the Bozar fine arts museum:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video ** ppe gallery **
Old 07-21-2020, 08:44 AM
Courtier

Extremely moving ceremony going on in front of the palace. I have shed more than one tear when the heros of yesterday, the war veterans, met the heros of todays.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It did indeed seem to be a very moving ceremony.

On a trivial note; I noticed that everyone had a slightly different mask to match their outfits - nice touch.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-25-2020, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

These lines are quite worthy, paying thought to the most vulnerable populations who have borne the brunt of the pandemic.

King Filip calls for ‘Big Rethink’ in national holiday address | VRT NWS: news
“It’s not over by a long shot, but I am thinking of everybody who has lost loved-ones and were not able to accompany them during the last moments of life. You were not able to say good-bye in a suitable way. The Queen and I and the whole country lock you in our hearts.”

[...]

“The crisis has uncovered the fragility and faults of our social model. The most vulnerable are hit first.”

King Filip paid tribute to the elderly, who were more at risk, children, whose carefree existence had disappeared, and the young, whose learning process has been hi-jacked.

The monarch noted that the crisis had exacerbated social inequality by hitting those that were struggling, people in poor accommodation and the low-skilled even harder than most.

“Limitations of our freedom of movement upped tension in families, on the workshop floor and on the street. More than ever our attention should be on those without a voice, who suffer in silence.”
Old 07-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Majesty

The second royal family with adult Children after King Albert I.
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will have a long Reign.
I said to my self that Place Royale and Royalty on TV are cancelled , their supporters passed away.
When I see young people or even older in the 50 , they have any interest in the Royal Family.

But we need Monarchy , our only stability.

We are for the second time one year without Government !

King Baudouin will be the last " Roi bien aimé " . The Funerals of King Albert II will absolutely not be the same.

But we have such a nice Crown Princess , but how will be the Belgians when she would be their Queen ?

Tags
archduke lorenz, belgium, brussels, king albert ii, king philippe, military, national day, parade, prince laurent, prince lorenz, princess astrid, princess claire, queen fabiola, queen mathilde, queen paola, te deum