Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Concert this year held earlier then usual? Isn't it usually the day before National Day?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Love how Mathilde has matched her mask with her outfit! It's good that the concert could still go ahead and that the family are all wearing masks. I know here in the UK a lot of our public figures were criticised for not wearing masks before mask-wearing became compulsory.

What is going on with Laurent? He looks like 20 years older than his own older brother :unsure:

Nice to see they found a way to have the concert safely.

Great to see they were wearing their masks. It is so important royals set a good example for the public by doing so. :flowers:

Laurent is walking proof that lifestyle can certainly age you.

I wonder if we will see Princess Claire. She had an unknown serious ilness before she got the COVID.

It would be lovely to see her but I doubt it.....

I doubt it as well. Prince Laurent is listed to attend since some time now, Princess Claire has not been listed at all for this year's celebrations, so it's very unlikely that we'll see her today..

I have no expectations regarding an appearance by Princess Claire.

:previous:

Some more photos of today (and yesterday) can also be found here:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** gtresnews gallery 2 ** ppe gallery ** ppe gallery 2 **

** dm article: Belgium's royals refuse to let Covid-19 cramp their style as they step out for a church service ..**

King Philippe today also viewed the new graffiti of the project Art Reconnects Belgium at a wall of the Bozar fine arts museum:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Extremely moving ceremony going on in front of the palace. I have shed more than one tear when the heros of yesterday, the war veterans, met the heros of todays.

It did indeed seem to be a very moving ceremony.

On a trivial note; I noticed that everyone had a slightly different mask to match their outfits - nice touch.

These lines are quite worthy, paying thought to the most vulnerable populations who have borne the brunt of the pandemic.

King Filip calls for ‘Big Rethink’ in national holiday address | VRT NWS: news

“It’s not over by a long shot, but I am thinking of everybody who has lost loved-ones and were not able to accompany them during the last moments of life. You were not able to say good-bye in a suitable way. The Queen and I and the whole country lock you in our hearts.”

[...]

“The crisis has uncovered the fragility and faults of our social model. The most vulnerable are hit first.”

King Filip paid tribute to the elderly, who were more at risk, children, whose carefree existence had disappeared, and the young, whose learning process has been hi-jacked.

The monarch noted that the crisis had exacerbated social inequality by hitting those that were struggling, people in poor accommodation and the low-skilled even harder than most.

“Limitations of our freedom of movement upped tension in families, on the workshop floor and on the street. More than ever our attention should be on those without a voice, who suffer in silence.”​

The second royal family with adult Children after King Albert I.
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will have a long Reign.
I said to my self that Place Royale and Royalty on TV are cancelled , their supporters passed away.
When I see young people or even older in the 50 , they have any interest in the Royal Family.

But we need Monarchy , our only stability.

We are for the second time one year without Government !

King Baudouin will be the last " Roi bien aimé " . The Funerals of King Albert II will absolutely not be the same.

But we have such a nice Crown Princess , but how will be the Belgians when she would be their Queen ?

Last edited:
Princess Delphine will attend the military and civilian parade on the National Day:

"Their Majesties the King and Queen, Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz and His Royal Highness Prince Laurent attend Te Deums on the occasion of the National Day in Saint Michael's and Saint Gudula's Cathedral in Brussels respectively, Saint Quint's Cathedral in Hasselt and the Collegiale Sainte-Waudru in Mons.
In the afternoon, the King and Queen, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent, and Princess Delphine and Mr. Jim O'Hare at the National Day Ceremony at Palace Square."

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/nationale-feestdag

Princess Delphine will attend the military and civilian parade on the National Day:

"Their Majesties the King and Queen, Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz and His Royal Highness Prince Laurent attend Te Deums on the occasion of the National Day in Saint Michael's and Saint Gudula's Cathedral in Brussels respectively, Saint Quint's Cathedral in Hasselt and the Collegiale Sainte-Waudru in Mons.
In the afternoon, the King and Queen, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, Prince Laurent, and Princess Delphine and Mr. Jim O'Hare at the National Day Ceremony at Palace Square."

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/nationale-feestdag

It was to be expected. I think the King has handled the matter of Delphine well.

Philippe is a very sensible and generous man, if a sibling appears, they are welcomed into the family, no fuss, no issue.

It was to be expected. I think the King has handled the matter of Delphine well.

Philippe is a very sensible and generous man, if a sibling appears, they are welcomed into the family, no fuss, no issue.

I don't think his formal acknowledgement of her attendance in the court agenda was expected, seeing as he refused to acknowledge Princesses Laura and Luisa's attendance at National Day in 2017 in the agenda. Only the working royals were acknowleged that year.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/nationale-feestdag-2017

I hope that henceforward the King will be as welcoming of his nieces and nephews as he is of his half-sister.

Really lovely to see Delphine and her husband/partner present but where was Princess Claire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom