Belgian National Day - 21 July, 1: 2009-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy watching most of the royal families, but I have a special amount of esteem and respect for Philippe and Matilda. They have created a wonderful family unit.
Thank you !
Astrid and Lorenz, Laurent and Claire also created a wonderful family unit.

I have to confess I'm mildly curious to know who the heck it is Laurent decides he needs to call right then and there. Different person every time? Same person? And what about? :lol: "Yeah, hi, I'm on the reviewing stand. Are you watching TV?"

Too bad Belgian tabloids aren't as snoopy as British ones?

Last edited:
As a huge animal lover myself I appreciate that. But is that enough to justify a priviliged royal life these days...?! I fully understand The King´s relieve about his younger brother´s low profiled role - but is that a life for a grown up, elderly man?! When I watch the Prince he occurse to me like a loose canon and one wonders what happens next (after using the mobile phone during a state occasion, pretending to sleep or remaining seated while everyone else stands during a march past of a military contingent...)
Obviously Laurent has not enough to do and a real purpose in life is absent. His obvious way to compensate his lack of selfesteem (or revenge for this meaningless existence of a third born Royal ?!) seems to provocate and embarrass his "working" family members, especially his elder brother...

Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent may be very grateful that the Belgian state continues to pay their lifelong dotation. The siblings of Princess Elisabeth will receive no any Eurocent from the State, as it has been decided to end these dotations, with respect for existing commitments.

The dotations are for Philippe & Mathilde, Albert & Paola, Astrid & Lorenz, Laurent & Claire plus Elisabeth & her spouse (there is a voluntary moratorium on that last dotation). In the future the Belgians will finance a similar group as their Dutch neighbours, at maximum six persons: the present King, the former King, the future King and their spouses.

Last edited:
It is time to closethis thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom