Beatification or Sanctification for King Baudouin?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo , where are the miracles ?
I watched the same program as you did. Kind regards MO

They didn't refer to any miracles yet. Just to the odd remarks by the two cardinals about the 'the big secret' that 'will make everything clear'. Quite odd to mention that several times in front of many state leaders and millions of Belgians/ other people.

Did you get to see the documentary on RTBF (no idea if they broadcasted a French version)? The people they interviewed were quite good, several former (prime) ministers, former employess of cardinal Suenens, the secretary of Queen Fabiola, Etienne Davignon etc. They even interviewed the king's Parisian surgeon- who believes there was a devine intervention during the heart surgery, which saved the king's life at the time.

They didn't refer to any miracles yet. Just to the odd remarks by the two cardinals about the 'the big secret' that 'will make everything clear'. Quite odd to mention that several times in front of many state leaders and millions of Belgians/ other people.

Did you get to see the documentary on RTBF (no idea if they broadcasted a French version)? The people they interviewed were quite good, several former (prime) ministers, former employees of cardinal Suenens, the late Prof. Robert Senelle, the secretary of Queen Fabiola, Etienne Davignon, Prof. van der Wijngaert, prince Stéphane Lobkowicz etc. They even interviewed the king's Parisian surgeon- who believes there was a devine intervention during the heart surgery in July 1993, which saved the king's life at the time.

Last edited:
Yes I saw it in French and as most of my friends I cried because I remember when I met him The King looked at me as he knew me. I will never forget.
Blessing Monarchs is not a good think , they were good persons and great Monarchs.
I agree for blessing Karl the last Emperor of Austria , it was the late Pope Jean Paul II 's will , his parents gave him the name of Karol because his father was Officer in the Emperors's Army . He was totally alone , did not save his money in time and died tragically in Madeira. But his wife Empress Zita did her work as such a lot of Widows did. In France (Solesmes) they want Her to be blessed, no answer from Rome yet.
Marengo , excuse my bad English MO

your English is lovely and so much better than my French. I do not, believe, that people, can attain a stature, beyond, being people, just some people are very kind and very giving.

The process for the beatification of Empress Zita is still ongoing.

As far as Christopher Hutchens goes he's a notorious anti-Catholic all one needs to do is google his comments about various Catholics. I'd hardly take his word about Mother Theresa as the gospel.

In regards to poverty, there will always be poor among us and there are worse things than being materially poor. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to help them.

In the end it doesn't really matter what anyone says about Mother Theresa...her actions speak for themselves.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom