15th anniversary of King Albert II on the throne 31/08/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanievl

Heir Apparent
City
n/a
Country
Belgium
31/08/2008 The king, the queen, queen Fabiola, prince Filip, princess Mathilde, princess Astrid, prince Lorenz, prince Laurent, princess Claire

15th anniversary of king Albert II on the throne.

The king receives representatives of artistic middens, in the castle in Laeken. As a result of 15 years king Albert II on the throne, the king want to bring homage to all of those who contribuote to the rich cultural and artistic mixture and in particular to persons and institutions which quote the links between the communities of our country by their work.

It can't be an easy job being King of the Belgians, but good wishes to Albert II for doing it so well.

I rember when Baudeouin died, many people thought that Albert would not be up to it - but he proved them wrong.

The king was actually enthroned on August 9th 1993 in the Belgian parliament.

A painting of the event here.

It will be nice to see the whole royal family together today! Although I am not sure that queen Fabiola will attend since she was yesterday in Spain for the festival but maybe she will come back one day to Belgium!

To day it is not the anniversary of king Albert on the throne, he was enthroned on August 9th1993, it is the anniversary of our dear king baudoin who would be 78 on 7th september and the town Motril in spain where he died gives a festival for him and queen Fabiola is there in Spain.

Yes but today the royal familiy celebrates the 15 years anniversary of king Albert II, it was not on this specific day but they just celebrate it today

No , no body of the royal family celebrates the 15 years of king Albert because the anniversary was the late month. To day, Queen Fabiola attend to the festival of music given by the town Motril for the king Baudoin who would be 78 on 7th september .

In november there will also be some kind off official celebration but that will be organized by the government!

I must admint that I never thought that Maria - Laura is the most beautiful young lady but today comparing her with her grandmum, mother and aunts she is the most stylish lady.
Paola too light hair and dress.
Claire nice gress but I don't know should be longer. Her legs looks big.
Astrid looks more like her mother.
Mathilde she is beautiful woman no matter if she is thin or have few extra kilos (after four babies it's normal).

Thanks stephanievl for the photos.
Where is Lorenz? Did we see all children/family?

Thanks you for all the pictures, stephanie! :flowers:

It sure is lovely to see the whole family together again. I really love Claire's dress and it is nice to see Louise and Maria-Laura too. The latter really is turning into a true beauty! :)

It has been great to see the Belgian Royal family together. Female members of the royal family looked fabulous. I am curious why Crown Princely couple has not brought any of their children.
Special thanks to stephanievl for the photos!:flowers:

It has been great to see the Belgian Royal family together. Female members of the royal family looked fabulous. I am curious why Crown Princely couple has not brought any of their children.
Special thanks to stephanievl for the photos!:flowers:

I think beacause it is the first day at school tomorrow for the childern!

Princess Louise is a really cute and beautiful little girl!
For me princess Claire was the best dressed, the rest was not really my style!

King Albert and Queen Paola received their family and a number of cultural vips at the Laeken Palace yesterday, in honour of the 15year reign of King Albert.
Articles in Dutch:
deredactie.be - Koning nodigt achthonderd kunstenaars uit
deredactie.be - "Belangrijk waarom je uitgenodigd wordt"

Today the King received the olympic athletes who won the only two Belgian medals, also in Laeken. They seemed to be having a jolly good time. The King asked Tia Hellebaut to give a demonstration of her jump, but she kindly refused and told him to come to the Memorial Van Damme next weekend.
Couldn't find any pics yet. Maybe later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom