Who's the most beautiful royal woman??

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the most beautiful royal woman?

• Letizia of Spain

Votes: 58 12.1%
  • Rania of Jordan

Votes: 85 17.7%
  • Caroline of Hannover

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • Charlotte Casiraghi

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • Diana of England

Votes: 37 7.7%
  • Grace of Monaco

Votes: 82 17.1%
  • Märtha-Louise of Norway

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 64 13.4%
  • Maxima of The Netherlands

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 50 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
madonna23 said:
Also - I was just looking at pictures of Princess Soraya of Iran. She definitely deserves to be on this list. She was an absolute beauty. Classic and yet at the same time unique.
Yes! Totally forgot to mention her, La princesse aux yeux tristes (The Princess with the sad eyes).

Attachments

• soraya3.jpg
    soraya3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I’d put Queen Anne-Marie in a top billing. She was and is beautiful.

Queen Rania is beautiful, one of the best of the younger group.

Datin Faezah of Brunei is not as well publicized as Mary or Letizia, but she is gorgeous. Thank you for posting her picture Humera.

Fara Diba is still beautiful and she was stunning when she was younger.
farah_diba_pahlavi.jpg
512-20040503133838.jpg

Princess Madeline is beautiful and she dresses to show it, unlike her beautiful but more sedate sister.

I haven’t seen Princess Margaret among the past candidates. For me, she was the epitome of feminine beauty and elegance. She is number-one.

PrincessMargaret3.jpg
margaret200.jpg
:) :)

1. CP Mary
2. Princess Grace
3. Charlotte Casiraghi
4. Princess Caroline
5. CP Mathilde
6. Q Rania
7. Princess Alexandra

I think all the royal women are beautiful. Wish i knew what were their skin care regiem!
My personal favourite is CP Mathilde.

I'm amazed by the number of persons who find Mary ,not only beautiful, but the most beautiful of all ...It makes me laugh ...If she weren't the "beloved" Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, she would be one of those girls you don't even notice in the street ! Not beautiful at all to my mind, not even pretty . I agree on Rania, Letizia, Madeleine,and on the fact that beauty is a matter of taste, but Mary:confused: ...Come on, please stay a little objective ...:)

Last edited:
i think its a matter of taste Anita.

Mary in my opinion and obviously aloth of other peoples opinion is that she is beautiful, maybe your missing something that most of us arn't?

We are talking about beautiful royals, this thread is not meant to be negative by talking about how unpretty people are.

Last edited:
Anita said:
I'm amazed by the number of persons who find Mary ,not only beautiful, but the most beautiful of all ...It makes me laugh ...If she weren't the "beloved" Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, she would be one of those girls you don't even notice in the street ! Not beautiful at all to my mind, not even pretty . I agree on Rania, Letizia, Madeleine,and on the fact that beauty is a matter of taste, but Mary:confused: ...Come on, please stay a little objective ...:)

As you have self said, beauty is a matter of taste. So please don´t ridicule the opinion of other members by saying, that they have to stay objective.

I know that (here) discussions on topics like beauty of Royals are often a bit touchy, because everyone has favourites and wants to defend them. So I want to remind all: please stay friendly and accept other opinions.

Lena as moderator

More beautiful

In my opinion there are 3 very beautiful royal women:

1. Empress Farah of Iran
2. Queen Noor of Jordan
3. Queen Paola of Belgium

In spite of being a little old, all of them are simply beautiful for ever.

Sol

Anita said:

i agree entirely with you, anita.

Charlotte Casiraghi. The girl is drop dead gorgeous !!

But I also like very much Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden. She is beautiful inside out. I don't know how to put it, I would say she has a serene beauty.
I find her much more beautiful than her sister Madeleine (she's just another pretty face and seems kind of shallow to me). No offense meant, I'm just giving my opinion.

Letizia of Spain because her beauty if natural and not forced. She doesn't need to wear tons of make up or designer gowns or to pose in magazines to be beautiful and wonderful.

Genevieve said:
Letizia of Spain because her beauty if natural and not forced. She doesn't need to wear tons of make up or designer gowns or to pose in magazines to be beautiful and wonderful.

Very well said Genevieve!

In my opinion, the most beautiful royal women are Letizia and Cristina of Spain. Not just because of their outside looks, but because they're hardworking, cultured, smart and married to two of the most gorgeous men I've ever seen;)

Anita said:

I agree with Anita too. I must say that Princess Mary is very nice, chic and elegant, but I don't find her pretty at all.
Letizia of Spain (I forgot her in my list) was always pretty: in her childhood, youth and now as Princess. This is just my opinion. :)

Regina said:
I agree with Anita too. I must say that Princess Mary is very nice, chic and elegant, but I don't find her pretty at all.
Letizia of Spain (I forgot her in my list) was always pretty: in her childhood, youth and now as Princess. This is just my opinion. :)

totall agree.....Mary to me is just another "girl next door"....if she wasn't the gf (and now the wife) of Frederick.....no one would really notice her say "beauty":D

Monaco's Royals are by far stunning!!!
Princess Margaret was a beauty too!

There is of course much more to beauty than physical looks, but if all we're talking about is a pretty face, I personally prefer more earthly, natural beauties rather than the drop-dead gorgeous types. For me the natural beauties are Mette-Marit, Letizia and Mathilde.

Mette-Marit is to me the epitome of a Scandinavian beauty: tall, blonde, fair and winsome, paired with an earthly, simple approach to dressing -- flared trousers, jackets and blouses in neutral colours rather than trend-setting or bold prints or patterns.

Mathilde is the ultimate classic beauty to me. Her features are very evocative of the kind of features Old Hollywood favoured, paired with a natural grace and charm.

Letizia is the most interesting of the three ladies I think. She is someone whom you would pass by on the street and think that she is attractive but not model gorgeous, but if you really look at Letizia's features she has beautifully defined features, that if she were some inches taller she could've been a catwalk model. In this way I think she reminds me of Jackie Kennedy who was not your drop dead gorgeous beauty, but someone whom you had to look at on a second or third glance to notice her true beauty.

this way I think she reminds me of Jackie Kennedy who was not your drop dead gorgeous beauty, but someone whom you had to look at on a second or third glance to notice her true beauty
really? i do think she is pretty but what about queen raina?

Hmmm, the whole thing is tough for me. I would have no problem to name the classic beauties like e.g. Rania or Caroline. But geometric beauty doesn´t seem to be the only thing, that fascinates me.
I think this has something to do with my studies or my general view on life and things (which might have been a reason to choose my study ;) ). When one is dealing with anatomy and physiology then one is hardly interested in the beauty of the single components of a human body. The only thing that counts is, that they work...so one doesn´t make differences between e.g. a big nose and a small nose.
But of course anatomy alone doesn´t make a human being. Some would call it "spirit" or some "life in a person", which adds a lot...and this makes for me the difference. So what does it help, when one has the perfect face out of perfect symmetric bones, muscles, flawless skin, but when the face looks like a mask?
When I take for example my favourite Royal (though often criticised of me in fashion things ;) ) crown princess Victoria. Measured with geometric ideals her facial features are far away from being perfect. Her chin is too long, the nose too short, the upper lip too thin...but she tough fascinates me more than the best paid fashion models (I don´t want to generalise...some models are fascinating). Her eyes are more expressive and her smile is cuter and more lively. And when I say fascinate, then I mean the "look" and not the character...even though one probably has to make a connection to her character.
So to sum it, I would go more for the lively and more expressive one and I would say, this can vary a lot, because (also) Royals go through different phases.
Examples would be Letizia, who looked IMO in autumn and winter extremely stressed, but now the little life in her make her glowing (beaten term...but probably an uncomplicated pregnancy is the best to make one more expressive, just as Lena prefers it ;) ) and Mette Marit, who also looked stressed and wooden in the beginning, but who has really improved. Also Victoria had IMO a time, in which one noted, that she had to deal with inner issues, and so she looked less expressive. Maybe that´s the key for my sensation of beauty: the more a Royal communicates with others (also through body language), the more expressive she seems and the more beautiful she is (for me).

Well, I note I´m blethering again, so I will add my current favourites and basta :D

CP Mathilde, CP Victoria, Infanta Christina and Märtha Louise.

I would agree with you there Lena.
Wasn't it Elizabeth Hurley who was, according to a documentary a while back, said to have the most "perfect" face? that was based on the measurements they took of her face and everything. I remember watching that show on TLC.
But that really means nothing to me since I find the woman wooden and cold, she has no warmth in her expression and even when she speaks I sense no softness or depth in her voice.
Ofcourse that doesnt mean that beautiful people cant be warm. Thats one of the reasons I picked Queen Rania, she is absolutely stunning, yes, but she is very warm in expression and personality. Her eyes, for example, are so expressive.
Same thing with Princess Martha Louise. She radiates a glow that is hard to miss and I cant help feeling a sense of warmth everytime I see a picture of her .
And ofcourse thats also why I picked Princess Diana. I know its a cliche to say that she had a personal touch or that people could relate to her. But its so true. One would hardly think she was a royal, and a British royal at that.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I would agree with you there Lena.
Wasn't it Elizabeth Hurley who was, according to a documentary a while back, said to have the most "perfect" face? that was based on the measurements they took of her face and everything.

I think with men, the classic example has been Denzel Washington. I saw that on tv once.

1. CP Mary
2. Princess Grace
3. Charlotte Casiraghi
4. Martha Louise
5. CP Mathilde

I believe beauty,apart from being a taste depends on 2 other things:1st-the beauty standards of the culture you've been raised up with and 2nd which is more important is the influence of propagnda.
as an example for the 1st matter every time I see people saying Farah or her daughters are beautifull I just wonder.she was never considered as pretty or beautifull among iranians,instead iranians even those who love her agree that she's coarse.
I myself love to live in china because during my stay there I heard chinese tellimg me that I'm beautifull a thousands times and honestly I dont get that attention in my country!!!!!or I can remember the first time I went to USA my cousin said"oh you just look like one of hollwood stars"and when I asked the name of the star I was quite disappointed,he told me I looked like Pen Cruz!simply the woman who's said to be a spanish beauty in west is considered ugly in east.
and about the 2nd matter when you see a woman on a cover of a magazine,or walking on a red carpet with a glamrous dress and expensive jewels and all photographers are just chasing her taking pix,it just comes to your mind the woman must be something special.or when you're told by the media that some1 is beautifull all the time after a time you see yourself admiring her too.this case happend to me about Rania.the first time I read she's pretty my eyebrows were raised,but now she's in everyone's list including mine.later I asked some of guys in my class if she was beautifull and they all described her as ordinary.you think why?she didnt have make up,she was wearing a scarf and had worn a simple coat and the more important was that we were not told that she's a queen.
I dont think it really matter what a woman looks like,her eauty depends on her confidence.

I really like Victoria and Madeleine of Sweden - they are both quite natural and have an incredible attractive smile. But I also adore Mary of Denmark, she has got an amazing style and a very beautiful face.

I think that this thread most certainly proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

When I think of a beautiful person, I think of someone who is what I call a natural beauty. May not be stunning and knock your socks off, but beautiful, graceful, elegant and classy all the same. For me, what is on the inside also factors in. Someone could be physically the most beautiful person in the world, but the nastiest, meanest, devious person in the world. After that, they might as well be the wicked witch, because to me, all their beauty has been lost. If someone is kind, generous, loving and caring, their inner beauty seeps outward.

So, after my ramble, my list.

CP Mathilde, PrincessGrace, Lady Helen Taylor, Queen Silvia, Infanta Cristina, Princess Madeleine.

queen rania
princess caroline
queen paula of belgium (sorry about the spelling)
princess madeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom