What Might Royal Duties Encompass

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundtrock

Commoner
City
Irving
Country
United States
It occurred to me how fortunate I am to have found this forum with it's abundance of knowledge and the kindness of it's members to share such, that I wanted to ask the question; "What Might Royal Duties Encompass?" Not only for myself but for others who have asked me with ancillary questions as well.

Some areas that I would ask responses to address, but not limited to in anyway;

1) Are Royal Duties different according to Royal rank and status? For example, HRH designation compared to a Royal that does not carry that distinction? (HRH Princess Beatrix vs Zara Phillips?)

2) Male Royal vs Female Royal?

3) Prince/Princess vs Duke/Duchess vs Count/Countess?

4) Recipient of Civil List money vs Non Recipient but perhaps granted a Grace & Favor Residence at one of the Palaces or not?

5) A Child of the Reigning Monarch vs a Grand Child of the Reigning Monarch vs a Nephew or Niece of the Reigning Monarch?

6) What might Royal Duties be comprised of in general?

Any information and opinions would be most greatly appreciated?

The Queen has a constitutional role, which other members of the Royal Family do not. She reviews government documents. Regularly meets with the Prime Minister etc. She signs government documents as well.

If she is out of the country, the first 4 adults in line for the throne act as councelors of state, and fill some of the same roles. The DoE is also a Cof S but he has never served, as he travels with the Queen.

The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Princess Royal have officiated at investitures. I don't believe the others have done that.

Most royals have relationships with various military institutions.

Royals often act as patrons of organizations. The level of their involvement can vary from being listed as patrons (writing the occasional message etc.) to being involved in the running of an organization.

Also members of the royal family help the Queen. She can't possibly visit every facility that wants her to officially open them. Members of the Royal Family also try and bring appreciation to people who work/volunteer for charities. They also bring attention to areas of need or good causes.

The more senior royals generally do more work than the less senior ones. The exception to this would be younger royals who are not yet full-time members of the firm.

THANK YOU YVR Girl, for sharing your knowledge, I truly appreciate your taking the time to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom