Wardrobes/Closets For Royal Clothes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndaW

Courtier
City
Hiawassee
Country
United States
Ever wonder how large a room it takes for the Royals to store all their many designer outfits, ball gowns, business suits, casual dress, coats, shawls, furs, and their beautiful jewelry.
This room would obviously have to be climate controled, and very secure -- probably everything on computers (inventory), as well as which outfit (jewlels and furs) were worn to which engagement.
They would also have to have somesort of senior/trusted employees working in this room.

Anyone have any information on a room like this ??????

I think all there jewellry is kept in a secure vault somwhere. I certainly wouldn't live jewellry like the CP's where in the palace, I undertand it is well guarded but somebody may still break in.
They must have rather large wardrobes becaue, even with recycling clothes they do have alot of them.
I would love to have a look in them, especially CP Mary's.
x

i always wonder too about that and the jewellery they might have like a mini vault in their own house, but i would love to have a pick of the wordrobe and the jewellery CP Mary and Maxima!!!!

I'm sure the very important jewelry would be kept in a very secure vault ... but their beautiful everyday jewelry which is also expensive they would have to access to, so as to match their outfits accordingly.................just think of the amount of space it takes---say just for hats

Anyone (hey, you guys know everything) heard about this most important room -- All the Royals must have this

I thought Iread that QEQM kept all her old/used clothes in wardrobes that lined the hallways. I would imagine the most jewelry is kept in a vault in the basement, except for everyday pieces, more casual stuff, or what's brought up from the vault to be worn with that day's outfits (QEII and her numurous brooches). I think once an outfit has been worn in public it is retired for private use. Furs require their own special storage - climate controlled?

Queen Sonyas Dress-vaults!?

I think Queen Sonyas dress-vault burned dowm this year, is it?

I think everything would have to be indexed and backed up separately on CD:due to the plethora.

There are actually computer programs now similar to what they showed in Clueless. One was even written up in Vogue. I'd have to go back and look for the article.

There are actually computer programs now similar to what they showed in Clueless. One was even written up in Vogue. I'd have to go back and look for the article.
WOW, this would be very interested to know a CD tha we can buy for ourselves? eventhoguht we do not have all the cloths and jewelery it would be fun to have an play!!!

The system that was used in Clueless has been around for a while, a friend of mine has had it for a long time. It's a wonderful device. :)

Wardrobe/closet-vault for clothes,furs,jewels

Girls or women always love diamonds and they proud and looking beautiful after wearing it.

Danish jewels are held in a museum on display.

does princess Mary choose her own clothes to wear at functions

I remember reading a great many years ago that some of Queen Elizabeth's outfits are passed on to her ladies in waiting. Also Buckingham palace has a cold room which houses her 36 furs of all styles and colours. I guess most royals pass on their dresses to others in the royal household. Caroline Heering was photographed wearing a cape/thing that Mary once wore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom